View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Default Intro--Mrs B + 3 from California

Hi! My husband is currently serving six years of an eight year sentence for a crime he did not commit. He was convicted due to bad counsel. We are currently trying to fight for an appeal.

He was just transferred from Wasco to Chuckawalla. He said it seems nice as far as prisons go. I'm hoping that is true.

We have been married for 17 years and he is my very best friend. We have three daughters together ages 12, 8, and nearly 3. My oldest has had a very difficult time because they were very close. I'm thankful, though, that before all this happened they were able to go on a special hiking trip together. I'm so thankful they had that time. When he gets home she'll be 18. That's just insane.

I decided to go back to school while we are living with my parents. I'm hoping to eventually become a psychologist and specialize in helping families with loved ones in prison. I have experienced so many emotions and watched what my girls have gone through and there are not enough people who can truly understand. They try, but they don't get it. I'm sure you all can relate. I have found support with my friends who have been there and oddly enough some friends who are military! But, mostly I am just struggling through.
Sponsored Links