View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,664 Times in 8,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisVanillaCream View Post
Oh OK well if it happens again I won't be so quiet. The CO even asked me if I take any prescription meds that would make it go off. I don't know...I do not use or handle any type of narcotics. But I seen them make a big issue out of a woman questioning the machine negative test, so I just complied quietly and had my visit. I've also seen an eldery woman be harassed by KVSP by a positive test.
I know a few folks at different facilities who have had false positives more than once. Every time it was for a drug they have no contact with (they should tell you what you tested positive for). I can't tell you what to do, but I can say that there's little point in being aggressive with the CO. If you test positive again and you're sure it's not you, you can ask to speak to the Visiting Sargent about your options. It's frustrating, I understand. But getting on their radar as someone testing pos and being volatile might not work out so well.

Also, if you're not already, clean your hands with hand sanitizer before you go in and don't touch anything you don't have to before you get through processing. Handling money is the absolute best way to come in contact with residue.