View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 09:56 PM

Unhappy Long Road Ahead - DZR

I found this site a couple months ago and have been reading thru several posts but this is the first time I'm writing my own. My son was sentenced to 9 years and has been incarcerated for a little over 8 months. I'm still going thru the grieving phase - I guess it's going thru all the firsts (birthday, thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) Some days are better than others but I'm still having a very difficult time dealing. My son just turned 33 and has a 3 year old son. I think so much of my sadness is because my son is such a good father and the fact that he is missing so much of his son's life , it is hurting him so much, and its just killing me. My son has never been in trouble with the law before. He made a very poor decision one evening to drink & drive and is now paying tremendously for it. Although I like reading thru everyone's posts because it helps me to know that I am not alone (although many days I feel as I am because no one I know has ever been or known anyone in prison) but when I see people say their loved one is coming home in 6 months, 2 years, 5 years, my heart breaks even more knowing there are still 7 years ahead for us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DZR For This Useful Post:
jancy (05-20-2014), koolaidmom (05-29-2014), roscoe1986 (04-27-2014)
Sponsored Links