View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaspartan View Post
My son, an Army Captain, was convicted at Ft. Hood last April of sexual assault because his wife accused him of rape in the midst of a very nasty divorce involving a custody battle. The marriage was only 18 months long and she accused him a year after they separated and two years after the so called incident took place. Civilian authorities wouldn't even bring charges because there was no case but the Army jumped right in. We were so sure this would be an acquittal because it was a he said/she said situation but we found out at the trial that was not the case. It became very obvious that everything she said was automatically believed and he was expected to prove his innocence rather than the other way around. The Army also provided her with an attorney, a victim's advocate, and of course the prosecutors were also on her side. My son had a military defense attorney and a civilian lawyer we paid for. I am still in a state of shock over the outcome and am worried about my son's mental health. He is so depressed.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. For instance, did you have a civilian lawyer for the appeal? How long did the appeal take? My son's record of trial hasn't even been released yet and it's been 9 months!

Absolutely terrible.

Have you tried appealing to the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (CAAF)?

Think about contacting your Congressional Representative or Senator also