View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 10:20 AM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,437
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,484 Posts

You can get a release designation transfer. You would have to request for it about 9 months before the transfer. Getting home confinement is a process that both the BOP and Probation Office participate in. There has to be a good reason for the transfer and the receiving state PO has to approve. I know Florida can be difficult accepting drug defendants from out of state, because they have a big and difficult case load.

I think having a spouse in the state is a solid reason. Also having a community there is good too.

Predicting what the BOP will look like next year is anybody's guess right now. The First Step Act was supposed to make Home Confinement quicker and easier (Hard to imagine.) I have a feeling we're going to see a bunch more class action suits and some more user friendly policies. I would settle for some transparency or an overseeing body. They are too free to operate on their own.

Last edited by bellisq; 05-08-2020 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-08-2020), tddtex (05-08-2020)