Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Addiction plus Mental Health Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Addiction plus Mental Health Issues Information for addiction with mental disorders/disease.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:54 PM
muyas wife

Default Pray for Jason, my son

my son has a mental illnes called :sphksoprenia" he has had this for about 7 years now, after he lost all his 3 boys to cps, and they have now been adopted to different familys.. well i have had to have him commited now 3 times, for not takeing his meds, he has to take resperodone for the rest of his life. he canot function with out it. well he has stopped yet again just 3 weeks ago, he is very hard to deal with, i have called his case worker to jhelp me with him but i just cant understand as to why they dont care at all. i have had to deal with his mentability 3 times while my man his father was in prison, well he is out now and he couldnt understand as to why he wont take his meds he talked to him like he would understand, i explained to him he cant understand what you are telling him. well his case worker said to wait till after 6 pm to call crisis to come out and talk to him, well tragety happened before that, my husband was talking to him to take his meds, so my son who is 6 feet tall and 300lbs got up from his chair walked to my husband and said"why did you spit on me punk?" i screamed at him saying he didnt spit on you well just when i said that he clenched his fist and punched my man in the nose and he went flying, i was screaming and hollering at my son, as to why he did that, he went outside and then got a big rock and threw it at my big picture window. glass went in my throut and all over me and my daughter. well the cops came and he had a warrent for his arrest but they didnt arest him they took him to magellan a mental facility for him to be watched over for 24 hours as to wether will let him go or put him in the hospital well they said within the first talk they had with him, they decided to put him in the mental facility. i havnt seen my son for 2 days and it breaks my heart. once he is on his meds he is fine and my son is back again, but he is so hard to deal with when he stops..
so im just asking for everyone to pray for my son and us, sorry this was so long, but if i can help someone with some questions and answers about mental health, as i know much about this.
god bless to all!!!!!!!!! oh my husband nose is broken, but he is ok

my soulmate is now home!!

Last edited by gods mercy; 09-17-2010 at 03:57 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 04:28 PM

Thanked 5,431 Times in 1,494 Posts

My prayers for You, Jason and all your family. It is so wonderful the pill makes him O.K. I know he goes off it because he is O.K. I am sorry it takes a crisis to get attention and help!
gods mercy (09-18-2010)
Old 09-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,658 Times in 3,024 Posts

God's Mercy- You and your family will be in my prayers for as long as you need them...Niki
Old 09-17-2010, 11:37 PM

My prayers are with you, Jason, and your family. I hope they are able to adjust him to his medicine so that he'll stop not taking it and live a more stable life. Stay strong hun.

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

"Love is not blind. It simply enables one to see things others fail to see."
The Following User Says Thank You to johnsgirl81 For This Useful Post:
gods mercy (09-18-2010)
Old 09-18-2010, 11:21 AM

Thanked 13,431 Times in 3,492 Posts

My thoughts and prayers a re with you. I believe it is a good thing they took him to a mental facility because to many times they just throw them under the jail without a second thought. (hugs) bumble
Old 09-18-2010, 01:45 PM
muyas wife

thank you all my p.t.o. family. my son jason will be o.k. i know, god is on his side aswell as my family, my mans face looks like he was in the boxing ring, all bruised up, but he is ok and says it is well worth him getting beat up so he can get the help he needs. i havnt talked to my son just yet, i tried calling yesterday, but he was at the movies inside the facility. will give you an update... god bless you all....

The Following User Says Thank You to gods mercy For This Useful Post:
bunnybunny (09-23-2010)
Old 09-18-2010, 02:03 PM

((((((hugs)))))))) the unfortunet thing is that those with mental illness (myself included) so often times start to feel good and feel better and then get careless with taking meds, maybe one time it's missed on accident cuz you are feeling so good ya don't give it a thought bout needing those meds, then after that missed 1 or 2 it's oh well i'm still feeling good even though i've missed those so i'm good i must not REALLY NEED them anymore -- yea we know we REALLY DO NEED them but it's all a mental thought in our heads -- I do not suffer from what your son does, but still need to be on my meds and know that i have to take them everyday but doing so sometimes proves to be a different story!!!

YOU ARE ALL IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS --- Like you guy said it was worth it to get him the help so i guess in it all there is some good to what happend as your son is receiving the help needed to get him back on track! I'm also glad that it all wasn't more serious!! Hang in there mom! your son is lucky he's got you and that your man is who he is Keep us posted to how everyone's doing -- ((((((hugs)))))) i'm glad that the police took him where he really should have gone and not to jail warrent or not -- jail isn't where he should have been going! I know all to well bout having ppl commited as well and the pain in the rear that that can truly be! And that whole "wait to call crises intervention" blah on them! Most ppl know when your already trying to contact someone it's to the point that that person really really needs help now - not later! Again you are all in my thoughts n prayers
your pain may be more painful today, and my pain may be more painful tomorrow, your strength and courage may be higher today, and mine might be higher tomorrow, but one thing we all do share in ---- pain, strength and courage, and loving an inmate

I love him with everything i am and everything i have, including all my heart and soul <3
Old 09-18-2010, 02:14 PM
muyas wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsbaby View Post
((((((hugs)))))))) the unfortunet thing is that those with mental illness (myself included) so often times start to feel good and feel better and then get careless with taking meds, maybe one time it's missed on accident cuz you are feeling so good ya don't give it a thought bout needing those meds, then after that missed 1 or 2 it's oh well i'm still feeling good even though i've missed those so i'm good i must not REALLY NEED them anymore -- yea we know we REALLY DO NEED them but it's all a mental thought in our heads -- I do not suffer from what your son does, but still need to be on my meds and know that i have to take them everyday but doing so sometimes proves to be a different story!!!

YOU ARE ALL IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS --- Like you guy said it was worth it to get him the help so i guess in it all there is some good to what happend as your son is receiving the help needed to get him back on track! I'm also glad that it all wasn't more serious!! Hang in there mom! your son is lucky he's got you and that your man is who he is Keep us posted to how everyone's doing -- ((((((hugs)))))) i'm glad that the police took him where he really should have gone and not to jail warrent or not -- jail isn't where he should have been going! I know all to well bout having ppl commited as well and the pain in the rear that that can truly be! And that whole "wait to call crises intervention" blah on them! Most ppl know when your already trying to contact someone it's to the point that that person really really needs help now - not later! Again you are all in my thoughts n prayers
thanks ronswife, you know to well about meds, he is off court order about 2 months ago and that has a lot to do with him not taking them, he has done it 3 times now, and i always tell his case worker not to tell him he is off order, so that he can continue to be on his meds, i called about a week ago to his case worker that he was not takeing hids meds and she didnt have much to say, but to try and get him here, she knows that iss imposibble, i cant get him in the car. but everything is ok now he is safe from harm,and so are we, i miss him dreadfuly. im waiting for a few more days to go visit him, as he says im not his mother, that alone is hard to deal with. thank you for your kind prayers and i know god is on our side.. god bless

Old 09-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

I will def pray for your son AND your family.When a family member has a mental illness it can put an unbelievable amount of stress and strain on the family.It's esp hard to try and reason with someone who is not in their right mind.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:19 PM
muyas wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbeth View Post
I will def pray for your son AND your family.When a family member has a mental illness it can put an unbelievable amount of stress and strain on the family.It's esp hard to try and reason with someone who is not in their right mind.
thanks marcbeth, it truly is imposible to reason with a mental person. his illnes is bad when off his pills, he will now get a shot of resperodone every 2 weeks and his reperodone pills to back it up again, and i know i will have my son back soon. bobbys face is real bad, abd it is the first time he had to deal with his sons mental illnes, he couldnt understand how he got like that. and i told him this is what i had to deal with when he was in prison 2 times, my man didnt know how to handle him. but thank god all is well for now thanks for your prayers friend god bless

The Following User Says Thank You to gods mercy For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedEllie (09-18-2010)
Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Schizophrenia is such a rare, but devastating illness if he refuses to take his meds.

This website might be able to help with any questions you have, or support you may need.

schizophrenia.com
Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 PM

I am praying for you and your Son. This is all so hard for us Moms.
I am not sure if my Son may be somewhat Schitzophrenic. I just posted about the sherrifs dept releasing my suicidal Son.