Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

View Poll Results: Are they guilty?
Yes, they committed the crime and got what they deserve! 20 38.46%
No, I don't think they should be in prison. 18 34.62%
I don't know what happened.. 4 7.69%
Other -- I'll explain below. 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2012, 11:14 AM
time time time time time
Donation Award 

Default Are they guilty?

In your honest opinion, should your loved one be inside? Did they honestly commit the crime that landed them there? Or was it a crime of poverty or crime by association? Do you believe they got what they deserved?

I don't believe that my husband should have been convicted of what he was convicted of. I don't believe he should be in prison. I do believe karma caught up to him! But I think he should have been released years ago. At the same time, I believe the Universe works in mysterious ways and that he is still in there because for some reason he is meant to be, though I do not understand it at all.

What about the rest of you?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 AM
NG's Wife ♡

Thanked 1,458 Times in 839 Posts

Yes I think my man is guilty ... My man robbed a bank so yeah I mean kinda hard to sit here and say he's not guilty when in all reality hes 100% guilty!!!

I think the amount of time he got which is 6 years isnt that bad , he could have gotten a whole lot more time - so Im thankful for 6 years!!

The Following User Says Thank You to a&jalways For This Useful Post:
water_bills (03-04-2012)
Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Waiting for my Tony

My guy should have served some time in prison for issues unrelated to what he was convicted of. He should never have been given the death penalty or LWOP. He has been in for around 18 years but should have been out a long time ago!

Old 03-04-2012, 11:22 AM
*In love with an inmate*

Yes, he's guilty he'll be the first person to tell you, he committed a crime and he's glad he was locked up because otherwise he would of never learned his lesson and he'd still be doing what he was doing. But here's the thing... he lives in Florida... they always go way overboard in my opinion, and many others! He's in there for larceny more than $300 less than $1,000.. he wasn't armed or anything but he was addicted to Oxy, and was messed up on it when it went down and he was sentenced with 10 years.... 10 years! I think thats a bit overboard... but then again, it could just be me..

Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Banned

My BF's guilty of what he did and should be punished for his crimes but the twenty years he got was a little too harsh! He's in federal so doesn't matter that he's changed and put that whole life behind him, which he really has, there's no parole in federal so he just has to do all those years. Breaks my heart!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Banned

I cannot say if he is guilty or not. But I do know that his sentence was extreme. He was convicted of robbery 1 and possession of a weapon 3. They originally gave him 20 years. They let him give back 5. He's already been in almost 10 yrs. he just turned 29 and has 4 hopefully less years to go.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,838 Times in 1,992 Posts

Hell yeah my ex is guilty. And now that my blinders are off, he deserved the sentence he received. And I hope he serves every bit of it.

My brother, on the other hand, is not guilty and does not deserve to be incarcerated.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:04 PM

Well at the moment yeah guilty for parole violation which to me seems a bit extreme to serve 18months for being out 10 mins too late for the whole curfew shit.. I know yeah he shouldn't of been out knowing not suppose to.. but 18 months really? I told him well you shouldn't of been stupid (its all love) but his initial crime I honestly don't know :-/ something ive tried to understand ive heard from a lot of people he innocent.. but when it comes down to it it's her word against his.. idk.. but I feel in my heart he is innocent.. but like he said him her & God know the truth (and he's put it on God (Allah) he is the innocent one..

Last edited by mandarose; 03-04-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 PM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,467 Times in 749 Posts

LWOP... he did the crime and his time fits it. yes he was on drugs but again that was his choice to do the drugs to begin with. Robbed a store and killed the owner. young and dumb but again it was his choice. Doesnt mean I love him any less though.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 PM

yes i know he is guilty.my man is in prison for violating probation on dui charge. i think that is extreme. jail time- yes but prison?? i think if dui goes along with a death or injury then prison is right but he has not physically hurt anyone. and now he is treatment with sex offenders and child molesters. which i think they should their own kind of treatment.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:19 AM

He's unfortunately guilty of an SO charge.
And we're only serving 12 months, knocked down to 9.

I think he did deserve to get time..and his time is much less than we expected, so we're both grateful.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
missingmyotherhalf

He's guilty of his original charge 3 dwi yup his mistake no excuses but the reason he's in jail now is violating probation wich he never even started since he was sentenced to 10 days in jail n 7yrs probation but when he was getting out he got deported n never showed up at his po so it all came back to us when he came back they sent a warrant n they revoked his probation to 2 yrs tdc n he will still be deported after that...so my journey just started.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,051 Times in 1,721 Posts

My man is guilty of his crime but the time he got is like okay really. A guy killed my cousin took him from his children and he received 15 years. 5 more then my man. My man was defending himself from 8 people and he gets 10 years. Its not the 10 years that bother me what bothers me is they won't let him out to do parole. I have seen so many come out and go right back in over and over again. Its like if your a woman beater no problem. A child molester no problem. Not in every case but a lot of cases I have seen this. My brother did not kill anyone and he received 17 years for a drug charge. How do you get more time for selling drugs then you do murdering someone?

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klewis For This Useful Post:
bmt0410 (03-18-2012), Tayy1893 (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 12:19 PM

i believe he deserves to be in there, just not as long as he got. hes a drug addict and they had every right to put him in jail
Old 03-05-2012, 12:23 PM
*~His Angel~*

He was guilty. I think he got more time than necessary, but it could of been worse.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
stacienoelle (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Love - Loyalty - Respect

He's guilty & we're fortunate that he didn't get any more time that he got. The part I disagree with is how much time they're making him do before he can do parole. He's doing way too much time in prison on his sentence in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Thanked 2,648 Times in 1,216 Posts

Oh yeah, he's guilty. He knowingly took stupid, unnecessary risks that affected other people and led him right back to prison. His sentence was fair, IMO.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
On The Stairway To Heaven

My man is guilty, but not for what he was charged/convicted of. What should have been felony theft was trumped up to a simple robbery. SMH

Never be ashamed of the scars that life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed, you endured the pain & God has healed you.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 PM

I believe my man could have prevented what happened but he is only guilty of association with the wrong person (who got charged with the same class felony and only received 9months versus his 3 years). The system was screwed up and biased and even though karma caught up to him, he didn't deserve to be punished for this particular crime.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Yeah, hes guilty. He will even tell you. He could have gotten so much more time than what he really got. He originally could of been charged with an A felony and 2 ds and maintaining a common nuisance. He got charged with dealing in a controlled substance and got 4 years do 2 and will possibly be out in April on house arrest if it goes through.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 PM

as i learn more about things he is guilty of knowing his friend was doing something they both could get locked up for... his sentence on the other hand we got lucky with but i still think it was unfair... he got more time than his co- accused who was guilty of more than just being stupid
Old 03-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Banned

Is he guilty of the crime he was arrested for? Absolutely!

Some he deserve the time he's been forced to do? Absolutely NOT!

His prison prior, 2nd strike and some other bs is what's killing us and is what landed him years in prison. If not that, he's probably be on probation and laying in bed with me right now.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 PM

He's guilty and very lucky he didn't get more time. Until he learns to stay away from the alcohol and drugs he will continue to waste his life on the prison/probation/violation merry-go-round. I don't think he has been out (and not on the run) for more than three months at a time in the last 15 years, which is a shame.

Last edited by Bubbasgone; 03-07-2012 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-07-2012, 06:18 PM

As much as it sucks to say hes 150% guilty. He was charged with some bad things, 1st degree murder, armer robbery and kidnapping. He received life with the possibilty of parole after 25. What does get me is one of his co defenders got 2nd degree murder and got 16 yrs. It also hurts because he was a minor when he did it and got the most time.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:53 PM

My husband was not guilty of any crime. that is what is so upsetting to me. The prosecutor "proved" to the jury what he thought my hubby "intended". He got 10 years for NO CRIME, only what they thought he might do! This was a mail fraud case.