Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Old 07-26-2003, 05:05 PM

Question Looking for help!!!!!! High Desert State Prison in Susanville, CA

couier 12
Can anyone tell me how i can get more detailed information for the High Desert State Prison in Susanville, CA
If there is a certain Web Site for this prison. I need to know Location, would like to see photos, need to know how to arrange visititation dates and times how often anything!
Heip please, any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,651 Times in 349 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

I have moved your thread to the California Forum where it will get more attention.

You might try looking through the CA forum to see what information is already there about this prison or you can click on the 'Search' link at the top right of the screen and do a search for this prison name.

You can also go to the California DOC site and find more information there.

Good luck!

The Prison System is Broken
Old 07-26-2003, 05:28 PM

I don't know anything about Susanville, but here is some help...

1. Search on Susanville and/or High Desert State Prison here on PTO
2. Look at the CDC web page: http://www.corr.ca.gov/InstitutionsD...es/default.asp
3. The CDCINFO page on visiting: http://www.vip-cali.com/CDCINFO/visiting.htm
4. Calling the State visiting number: 1-800-374-8474
Old 07-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Closed

HIGH DESERT IS OFF THE 395 HIGHWAY, 1 HOUR AWAY FROM THE RENO/CA BORDER
VISTING IS FROM 8AM-2:30 AND VISITS ON FRIDAY
CALL THE VISITING LINE FOR INFO, AND THERE ISNT ANY INFO, CALL THE VISITING SARGEANT , I HAVE DO THAT
FRIDAY, SAT SUN ARE VISITS CALL FIRST
Old 01-28-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2003curlytlia View Post
couier 12
Can anyone tell me how i can get more detailed information for the High Desert State Prison in Susanville, CA
If there is a certain Web Site for this prison. I need to know Location, would like to see photos, need to know how to arrange visititation dates and times how often anything!
Heip please, any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!

I did 2 years up in high desert... Its a god awefol place to be... But it's right across the street from susenville fire camp... There's 5 yards total... 1 MSF (Minimum Support Facility) basically a level 1 yard outside the prison, 1 Level 3 yard (A yard) which I believe is SNY now... As well as the level 4 B yard... C and D yards are both Level 4 GP yards... High Desert is the closest prison to pelican bay, so you have alot of guys trying to make a name for themselves, so it rocks and rolls ALOT... The guards in the towers on the yards give NO warning shots and have no remorse killing an inmate, amd have on many occasions... In sure none of this is what you want to hear, but that's how it is with no sugar coating
The Following User Says Thank You to Damage805 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-06-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Donation Award 

My man is in HDSP and says it's the worst place he's ever been in, and he's been in several. It does rock and roll a lot and program goes down very often. He's put in to get out of there as soon as he can. Good luck to you and your man.