Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection > Daily Words of Wisdom in The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Daily Words of Wisdom in The Spiritual Connection Daily devotionals, meditations, and other words of spiritual wisdom and encouragement are all right here!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I Still Trust God!!!!!!!
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,062 Times in 799 Posts
Default Why The Closed Door Lord?

I received this devotional today and boy if it didn't minister to my soul!!! So I pray that it will encourage, inspire, comfort or anything else positive for someone!!! Be blessed!!!!

God says He wants to "do a new thing" for you and that includes opening some doors that have been closed in on your Faith Path, so disregard the circumstances and believe the God who cannot lie!

The rubbish can be cleared and the bruises can be healed. Just make sure that when the smoke clears you're ready to do whaever awaits you! You're too important to God to be destroyed by a trial that was just meant to give you character and direction.

Picture this for a moment how many doors we "walk" through everyday. The bedroom, the bathroom, the front door, the back door, the car doors, the garage, and bus doors. There are the school doors, the office doors, the church doors as well as the elevator, revolving, and automatic doors. Our lives seem filled with going in and out of doors on a daily basis. A very simple process, right? No struggles or strains in going in and out... Well that's the same way we should treat the circumstances we face? Are you aware that just like these many doors we go through our Father is able to open doors in the same manner for YOU!

Have you ever sat in the midst of an undesirable situation just focusing on what you have lost or missed in the midst building up all of your fears, worries, anger, and doubts without even thinking that there may be a purpose for that closed door. And you get "stuck" at the closed door. It is almost like we prefer to just beat our heads on the closed door instead of putting our hand in God’s and allowing Him to lead us in another direction.

Tragically, we could sit right there in our prison cells for who knows how long in torment if we don't stand on God's promises and walk forward in His truth. But did you not know that Closed doors are often God's way of refining us and preparing us for the door He will eventually open! (Glory!) Thus it may be that God's will is focused more on how we respond to the open doors than in our walking through it. If we run from the "trial of waiting," we may miss God's will that is to be accomplished at the doorpost. Since Satan knows we have the answer that will leads us to freedom, he takes on the role of tormentor, taunting us.

God is ready to show us His will -(borrowing the words from a old game show) which door will you choose? Door #1 or Door #2? As I stated on last week many of times we don't always hear His voice, so, He will use the circumstances of our life to direct and stop us from going through closed doors.

Next time a door of opportunity opens or closes in front of you, ask God, "Is that you? What do you want me to do or learn?" GET ME OUT Jesus, GET ME OUT THIS CELL, if it be YOUR WILL in the MEANTIME I will continue to Walk on "By Faith" & Not by Sight!

Prayer Today: Lord I pray that I will have enough wisdom to know when the door is open and understand the closed doors of my life and may I have enough courage to walk through the open doors and walk away from the closed being faithful to you, in Jesus Name - Amen!
6yearsncounting (01-09-2009), BlueEyedEllie (02-26-2011), doc's honeee (05-31-2008), James' Wifey (05-30-2008), jerc78 (05-17-2008), Liz & Adam (10-22-2011), missi1969 (03-31-2009), missingmybaby1 (08-18-2008), mkc'swife (02-15-2010), MontanaGal43 (06-02-2008), Ms. pooh (06-04-2008), nvr.alone (05-02-2010), psalm3418 (05-04-2009), Softlips (06-28-2008), susanluvstharin (05-17-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
My baby is home!!!!

Amen!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you, Mrs. Low-
Old 01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,618 Times in 641 Posts

What a timely message.... thanks.

Karen

Old 01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Waiting for my Cowboy...

THis is exactly why I needed to hear tonight, thanks so much

Old 01-22-2008, 09:28 PM

Thanks soo much for the word today!!! they mean so much to those of us that seek that type of ministering!!

:fb: A.T.W. P-Nutt!!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:38 PM

Wow... that message is right on time! My grandfather used to say God doesn't answer prayers on our time but in his time when it is right. This devotional just reinforced that for me. At times I want God to hurry up and open a door or maybe even close one so I will know what to do... he will IF I will just have faith and allow him to do it on his time line. Thanks for sharing.

LIFE IS GREAT!!

Last edited by MissingGreg; 01-22-2008 at 09:39 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Donation Award 

As always sweet Ms. Low, perfect timing with perfect words. You are a jewel.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:34 AM
I LUV THARIN

I am blessed to have found your post this evening, Mrs. Low. Your words that I read tonight touched my heart and mind...I used to be a Buddhist for 20 years, but I've found JESUS and accepted him as my savior just last year 2007 of August, and I am happy to say HE has done wondrous things in my life and letting me see the light, when I used to be in so much darkness and in so much pain. Thank you again....I will look for your posts often because I am spiritually hungry for the WORD of GOD, and you have a way with GOD's WORDS.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to susanluvstharin For This Useful Post:
lormur (05-31-2008), Mrs. Low (05-17-2008)
Old 05-17-2008, 07:56 AM
I Still Trust God!!!!!!!
Donation Award 

Hello There!!!!

Praise God!!!!! I thank God for using me and I take no credit!!!! I see that you recently joined PTO and I am glad that you are here!!!!
susanluvstharin (05-31-2008)
Old 05-30-2008, 11:08 PM

This was amazing! Thank you so much. I couldn't have come across it at a better time. Thank you Jesus for this!!! Because this is the first time I've even been in this forum!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!
The Following User Says Thank You to James' Wifey For This Useful Post:
Mrs. Low (05-30-2008)
Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I Still Trust God!!!!!!!
Donation Award 

I am glad because it blessed me as well!!!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:18 AM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,086 Times in 914 Posts

Thank you.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:56 PM

I am still amazed at the way God talks through us and to us!!! It is such a beauty the way He loves us and ministers to us through others. I did cry my eyes out last night, all night long. I was lonely and sad. I was upset and felt completely left out all alone in this world. I felt like it was time to give up. And then I came across this. It made me feel better instantly. Of course, I went on to read other posts and got upset again (the devil is always at work). But I woke up this morning feeling rejuvinated and reading this again today has boosted my spirits even more. I just want to say thank you Jesus!!! We are so lucky to have a Lord who loves us more than himself, that he would die for us!!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I Still Trust God!!!!!!!
Donation Award 

I absolutely love it!!! No matter what that devil tries to do, he will NOT succeed because God reigns!!!! I am glad that you were able to read this and feel rejuvenated!!! May your spirits continue to lifted and may the peace of God remain with you forever!!!!
James' Wifey (06-02-2008)
Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you for that
Old 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
2hearts 2minds=we r 1!

I'm truly inspired...b/c I do believe all things are possible with "God"!
"He is not a lover who does not love forever." ~Euripides