Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Jersey General Prison Talk Prison related discussions that do not fit anywhere else in the NJ forums

Old 01-26-2008, 01:03 PM

Default Will they extradite my husband back to New Jersey from Florida?

Hello everyone well my husband did 7 years in NJ and he was paroled in 05/06 he was paroled to Logan Hall and stupid him went to the hospital and left. We went to Florida and the US Marshalls picked him up yesterday at our house. Now hes in County Jail in Florida I cant talk to him because I cant do the prepaid thing he signed a waiver for parole to pick him up so im confused are they going to extradite him back to NJ or will they let him serve the time in Florida and does anyone know what he possibly might be facing.

Thanks Alot for any insight

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Wishing you were here...
Donation Award 

Hey...I'm sorry to tell you, but they will extradite him back to NJ to serve his time. They extradited my brother in-law up here from Florida for 4 bags of heroin If your man gets charged with escape, I'm pretty sure it's an automatic 5 years...but I could be wrong. I know when my hubby escaped the HH, he didnt' catch a charge for it, but everyone is different. Esp. b/c he was on the run for so long. I'm really sorry that this happened to you He's definetly gonna have to finish his time on the original sentence at the least (that's what my hubby had to do). I really hope everything works out for you guys! My thoughts are with you Even though it seems like everything came crashing down...you ARE lucky that they didn't charge you with Aiding and Ebbeding (sp??). I know it's hard...but you guys will get threw it! Keep your head up! Hugs
-Jackie

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Hopefully someone will come along with some better news...just keep your head up!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinosgirl22
Hello everyone well my husband did 7 years in NJ and he was paroled in 05/06 he was paroled to Logan Hall and stupid him went to the hospital and left. We went to Florida and the US Marshalls picked him up yesterday at our house. Now hes in County Jail in Florida I cant talk to him because I cant do the prepaid thing he signed a waiver for parole to pick him up so im confused are they going to extradite him back to NJ or will they let him serve the time in Florida and does anyone know what he possibly might be facing.

Thanks Alot for any insight
He is an absconder and that carries 3-5 years consecutive to the sentence he was originally in on. He'll more than likely buy back any time he had left on that sentence on top of that.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyteeydlwyr
He is an absconder and that carries 3-5 years consecutive to the sentence he was originally in on. He'll more than likely buy back any time he had left on that sentence on top of that.

True so very true. When my man escaped the HH back in dec of 06, he did not leave the state but the marshalls along with brick police came and picked him up. DOC took all his good time that he had earned and on top of that they did not charge him with escape but they gave him 280 days more, no contact visits and they sent him to where they new that the family (with the exception of me) would not go. He did try to come closer to home but that failed instead of sending him north (central jersey) they sent him west. I think that after they bring him back and charge him he will have to do the 5 flat that escape comes with. Sorry. What was his org charge? That can have something to do with it also. Dont quote me. Vin was in for ID Theft and when he was in the HH he only had 2 more months before he was elig for early release but he just wanted to max out and he did, the longest 10 months in my life I know it could have been longer but with the NO CONTACT visits. Crap that was hard..

Good Luck with everything. Here to help you if you need a friend.

Much Peace and Love Sis
Fomas
aka
Bonnie missing and loving her Clyde dearly
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Hey My boyfriend left a hwh and he was gone 4 like 5 months. NJ came to VA & got him. He got arrested and when they ran his name they saw that he was a fugitive. The charges from VA was dropped bcuz he got arrested 4 walking . NJ came to VA to get him. When he went to NJ he was in a place called CRAF. I got like 4 letters the 2weeks he was there but I didnt get a phone call, they man in CRAF said his pin or sumtin had to go thru. When he was in CRAF he said he had went to court and they gave him 1 yr ad-seg & another yr for sumtin. Every other day I check the DOC site to make sure things hasnt change. I checked the site and I saw that he was transfered to Bordentown. So I began to send his letters there, I havent recieved any letters since his been in Bordentown which its been like 2 weeks now. When I called Bordentown the ladt told me that he was in ad-seg & she didnt know ow long he was gonna be there. So I asked about his phone calls and visits and letters. She said she couldnt tell me about the phone call nor the visits but that he should be gettin my letters. I have still not heard form him and now Im reading posts thats sayin hes gonna get 5 years but in one of his letters he told me that they took back his good time or sumtin. I checked the site and its saying he has 2 yrs so I dont know wat is going on Im so confused. I hope he dont get 5 yrs. All I can do is pray on it!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 PM

I heard NJ always go to get the person that is being held. Does anyone know anything about violating Megan's law? My husband left NJ and moved to Tenn with me in Nov...he was arrested Jan 1st and is being held on NJ warrant. I have no idea how much time he will get or anything...all I know is he is waitng for NJ to come get him. Me and our son moved back to NJ so I can be here for him...but no idea when he is coming or what is going on. He in on Megan's law and didn't get permission to leave the state....anyone have any idea how much time he will get or when they will bring him back to NJ or what will happen?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 PM

NJ went to Arizona to get a prisoner who owed three months parole. As far as Megan's Law, I was in MSCF with several violators who had 365s, 3 flats, etc., although I tended to stay clear of these individuals and couldn't comment on case specifics (i.e. first violation, type of violation, etc.).
Old 01-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Donation Award 

I currently have 3 cousins in Florida on escape charges (they are sisters who all ran, either from rehab or probation). Florida and NJ both have their exact location, with address and they know they are wanted. NJ will not go get them and Fl will not bring them. they arrest them, hold them for a week or so and let them go because NJ won't come. I suppose it is different for each county, area, etc, but in my experience, they may NOT go get him.
Good Luck