Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row - Information Point > Texas Death Row
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Death Row Information and discussion that relates to Death Row in the state of Texas.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Question Polunsky Unit Mailroom

Hello,
anyone looking whether the mailroom of the Polunsky Unit has an email address?I urgently needed a contact address that I can send an email. It's about sending a package. The contents are the letters I would like to forward my letter to friends at which he asked me. There are over 300 pages. It would be easier to send a packet than 30 or 40 letters. I would like to make an inquiry if this were allowed. I know the packages are not allowed! But it is only poems and journals, who my pen pal friend has written and would like to have. I know not why he no longer has this? He had even written yet sometime! I would also ask if I could tie the leaves can be as a book or magazine? or if I punch holes in the leaves and allowed to bind with a rope? My goodness is the most complicated of Texas and always forbidden! or not allowed!
In this way, many thanks to Mamastalkin for your answer, you've helped me a lot. May I ask my pen pal how much paper is allowed .
Greetings Diana
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,880 Posts

I don't think they take emails. I have never come across an email address for the mailroom. You should be able to send as much as will fit in a large envelope. 22.9x30.5 cm size will hold a number of pages. You might have to call.

They can have one ream of blank writing paper at a time. All of their possessions have to fit inside a rather small box. Food and and legal papers are exempt but everything else must fit. So there is a concern that you could send him all this stuff and they could take it. But if he asked for it I know you want to do what you can for him. You might want to be sure he knows how many pages it is. lol. He might not realize that!
The Following User Says Thank You to mammastalkin For This Useful Post:
thelittlemozart (01-19-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammastalkin View Post
I don't think they take emails. I have never come across an email address for the mailroom. You should be able to send as much as will fit in a large envelope. 22.9x30.5 cm size will hold a number of pages. You might have to call.
They can have one ream of blank writing paper at a time. All of their possessions have to fit inside a rather small box. Food and and legal papers are exempt but everything else must fit. So there is a concern that you could send him all this stuff and they could take it. But if he asked for it I know you want to do what you can for him. You might want to be sure he knows how many pages it is. lol. He might not realize that!
Mamastalkin many many thanks. I am so glad that you help me .... I'm stupid chicken ... hahaha. I have no idea and everyone always says erwas else. Since I'm in Prosontalk I talk to an expert forum which I believe. and know it!
Hm, but if you took away his poems, journals and poems already because there were too many then it's not worth it to send it again. Oh, I would have not only told him that I have his poems, journals and memoirs. I have written to him how many pages are there and asked him how much he may have. I have an email address to recherschiert but found none. A mail contacts was indicated on the website. I think that's the director of. If this is Andrew .. hahaha ... I'll let my husband call. I hope he understands the Texans. I hope so and hope to a friendly person. It would also be really easy if I could send a small package. I know not why the Polunsky Unit is so stupid there. They're just letters! I have now sent an email to Amazon. I'm resourceful! I was wondering if I'll stop these letters as a book if Amazon would forward it to the Polunsky Unit. Then he had a book, all his journals, poems and memoirs, and Amazon is a public provider.
Diana
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,588 Posts

A phone call might be easier, if there was an e-mail address, you could be back and forward forever

Texas is a horrible state as far as prisoners go. Even for general population, but DR is possibly the most inhuman place on earth. I am convinced countries who are attacked by the USA for abysmal human rights, have better conditions than Texas DR.

I am sure your friend will love everything you send, if it be in one huge packet, or a few smaller ones, I am sure it will make him smile. Beware of postage costs too. Each weekend I send out a large envelope from the UK and with around 15 - 20 sheets of paper it costs me around $9 so 300 sheets - eek!

He is very lucky to have you!

America - land of the free, home of the incarcerated.

The USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the the worlds prisoners.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Yesterday I couldn t reply, due a technical problem, so I make this test.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 AM

I don't know the pricing or if the mailroom would even accept it, but check out http://www.blurb.com - they print books!