Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 77 7.89%
6mo-1year 69 7.07%
1year and then some 286 29.30%
why would I do that(never) 544 55.74%
Voters: 976. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Crazy about him

I've never done ANY drugs in my entire 29 yrs of life (including weed, since some people think that's not a drug, which is absurd) but Tylenol or Advil lol and SELDOMLY. I'm funny about taking any pills or anything.

Engaged to the most amazing man in the planet 11/20/10!

Married 5/30/2011
The Following User Says Thank You to O's Sweetheart For This Useful Post:
esteli (12-08-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2010, 07:44 PM
TruLuvStoryNeverEnds

I voted on one year and then some, i did not smoke, snort, but i did sell it for my personal gain and survival. I am not proud of that but i did what i had to do at that time. Unlike others, i did not benefit from it in a material sense, nor was i greedy. Money did not turn me into the root of evil. It was very hard to walk away from those benefits and lifestyle but as i was growing into the person i am today, i started feeling bad to witness alot of good people who abused it turn ugly. People i idolized growing up in the neighborhood. It was sad to see so many heros of mine fall victim to addiction and its over powering demands. I now make clean money and a substance abuse counselor...lifes journeys take you to your destiny!may god be with all those who are in recovery.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:54 PM

I've personally never done any drugs but my husband is a hardcore meth addict. He is now in prison and I hate to say it but I'm glad he is. If he had not been put in prison I'm pretty sure he'd be dead right now. Every aspect of his life was controlled by meth. He was violent, heard things, the accusations never stopped....well to put it bluntly he was psychotic. He was clean when we first got married he was in recovery. Then he ran into an old"friend" at the grocery store and from that moment on he turned into a vicious meth monster.he is now clean and said it wasn't as bad of a ride as he had thought. We have 6 boys who saw what meth did and all that meth took. its a horrible drug and my heart goes out to all who's lives have been affected by it. Because trust me, the users aren't the only victims. It unleashes havoc on everyone close to the user as well. Just listen to that little heartbeat on the doppler at the dr.'s office and know that, that sweet little innocent life growing inside you is more important and will bring you more happiness and joy than any drug. That baby doesn't have a chance if you are on that stuff. Because you are no longer in control under its influence. Make copies of your ultrasound pics and put one on your phone so that everytime u think about making a call its to a support group or a real friend or family member and not a drug run. Put one on any door you exit in your home and maybe it will help u make a good decision instead of a bad one. Find help and know u have the strength and courage within yourself to do this and stick with it. And a little life that depends on your sobriety. Good luck! In my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 AM

Many people who have addictions can have altered mental states for 18 months or so after getting clean. When you put chemicals in your body, maybe it also changes the chemical composition of it too. If you aren't going to meetings, start today. Find a sponsor who understands addiction and cravings. Keep this in mind, when you are unable to take care of yourself, you can't take care of someone else. If you can't keep clean, your baby won't have their mother. It is worth it, but find help and stay strong.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM

I am a recovering addict and alcoholic, and used from the time I was 14 to the age of 24 when I got clean the first time. I was sober for nearly three years and relapsed to an even lower bottom than before. I have now been clean again for almost two years. There is joy in my life again but it comes only through Christ. I have searched in the bottom of liquor bottles, men, shopping, work, drug, etc the list could go on forever. Nothing can give me satisfaction and contentment like my relationship with Christ. I call it a God shaped hole I have tried to fill with anything that gave me momentary happiness. But God desires more for my life, your life, we are His children whom He loves like nothing else. By the power of the Holy Spirit I am clean today and the obsession has been removed, not without some hard word on my part ;-) God does ask of me to do my part. Plug into a church and find someone you can be accountable to. Find a suport network, it is very important.

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man, BUT God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape so that you will be able to endure it.
1 Cor 10:13

Last edited by snavely1329; 12-27-2010 at 04:51 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to snavely1329 For This Useful Post:
Desert Rose (07-28-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 10:14 PM

i agree i have been sober for 7 months from heroine and meth and my hubby is in prison due to meth. when he got taken away i decided to go to rehab a lot of people told me it was stupid but it really helped me alot in realizing how i did not want to be in 5 years there were people who had been to rehab 12 times and were now 60 years old! i knew that i did not ever want to be like that and i knew if i didnt get clean then my hubby wouldnt stay clean when he gets out either i want to do this for us and our future and so we can finally start a family. i still have thoughts about using or dreams where i wake up feeling high or having withdraws but i always try to remeber all the bad things that came with getting high i just hope i can really do this and i hope that my husband is just as ready as me and supportive of this new beautiful life.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:26 AM

Thumbs up

Ah tana hang in there girl i once used meth too me and my xhusband and we messed are marriage and our family up due to meth .i was accused of cheating,stealing i was the eniem when all i did was love my husband i almost died my husband scared me so bad he became the devil on meth i stoped using cuz i saw what was happening to my family he would say he was gonna stop and he wouldnt i had to leave him before i ended up dead or my kids get hurt .I actually left that town to get away from him and the drug and i still have those ugly memories but ive been clean for 6months already and im moving forward girl being the mother i use to be loving my family.... dnt worry girl keep ur head up your strong ma! just wanted to let u knw theres alot of us out there who have gone threw alot due to meth and even lost alot but we where given a second chance and we'll make it dis time round.Bye Alva
Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Account Closed

I've tried it once n hated it, the smell is sickening, i would call it the 'lost devils drug' especially when it bought out the worst demons of a close loved one, I've had so many kind-hearted,trusting friends who were genuinely loyal n real to me before they discovered the Class A drug n i lost them after their true demons came out n that i didn't know who they were anymore!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Surviving by His grace...
Donation Award 

Default 15 years clean 7.29.11 ~ Praise God !!

I think back in the day it was called crank or crystal? We did it, but wasn't my drug of choice. Wow...just realized "drug of choice" is same abbreviation for DOC. No wonder they go hand in hand, yup spent some time in jail too over drugs. Missed alot of opportunities, making up for lost time now although those years can never be replaced.

I have known a few chronic meth users, and it's a tough road. Physically (not to mention all the other damage) they deteriorate so quickly. It's so sad to see lives wasted

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Desert Rose For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (07-29-2011), Lordbew/us (08-02-2011), mrs.beautifly1 (03-20-2012), tialooey (01-18-2014)
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Always Us Never Them!

I never ued meth,but i did ussed drugs and it been a year and a half since i touch a drug and i have to give the praise all to god and i am still strugglng with environment and who i can trust and who i can be around becAUSE you are very fragile and beware of ppl cause they act like they have your best nterst but really waiting for you to fail and your friends are not going to be around ypou because they are gong to feel like you think you all that but really they want to get clean but they cant so they are jelous that you had the courage to do it so just stay strong and be around ppl like yourself try meetng if that work for you,you can do it it get easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to chaney&jo For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (08-03-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Donation Award 

I myself have never used meth, or any hard drug for that matter, but out of every drug out there, meth and heroin I hate more than anything because I've seen firsthand how destructive they are. My cousin is a recovering meth addict (he has over a year clean, I'm SO PROUD of him), and my other half is a recovering heroin addict. Seeing the toll it has, not only on the user, but the loved ones of the user as well, is enough to convince me to not go anywhere near the stuff ever.
lisainengland (08-03-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Shoesgirl

I have tried meth and herion. Meth could easily grab me without a doubt, but I reconize that and have no desire to ever use drugs again. I have hit every bottom that my body has crossed. For those of you who havent read my story, I am a recovering crack/cocaine addict. Herion was not for me as I was more inclinded to the "uppers"' vs "downers". I'm lucky to be alive with all the poor choices i made. I'm blessed with everyday I have and strive to help others conquer their addictions. Drugs are drugs doesnt matter which one, they all have the same end result.

Love & Light xo
Bubbasgone (03-20-2012)
Old 09-08-2011, 11:34 PM
My Heart is N Texas

I tried meth when I was 18. Didn't like it but did it a few more times just to do something. Dumb I know then I was like WTF am I doing and why. Couldn't answer either one so there was no reason for me to do it again. Maybe because I was in a small town and that was the "in thing" at the time.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:14 PM

Default Cravings and staying off the shards

Tana,
Our stories seem to be pretty close. I used meth for the first time and just kept doing it. After about 6 months I quite. I slept for literally 4 days with out moving to go to the bathroom or to eat. Then a week more for eating or going to the bathroom.

At first I didn't have the energy. The want or even the care to do anything. I still wanted the drug. But made sure I stayed away from meth or the people that did it. Now it was by locking myself in my ex-husbands apartment.

So when I eventually began going on into the real world. I used again. not very often. Then cleaned up again.

When about a year ago I got back into it and heavy. Everyday a few times a day. Until I went to jail. The week I was in there my husband got arrested. For Rob 1, Burg, and some other charges.

So he asked if I was serious about being clean. Living the "life" the right way. Of course I said yes! I want to be happy and healthy with you! From that day on we agreed to be clean. Or try our best.

To this day about 6 months clean. He still talks about his shaking with the want. He has "flash backs" of the rush and the want. We both still have drug dreams. I do constantly. Mostly involving needles. Which I have never used... With the pains. It happens. Your body is so use to having so many endorphins it forgets the pains. Even simple ones like banging your finger in a drawer. So when that is taken away ...

Also watch out for depression. A lot of meth users relapse for lack of being able to find joy in things. So go see a doctor and talk to him about it. He can help you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NativeluvsBG For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (09-18-2011), lisainengland (09-18-2011), mithuthecat (09-18-2011)
Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 PM

Tana, I used off and on for like 6 yrs. and swore that I would NEVER touch Meth. Guess what? About 11 months ago, I did! I used it for close to 6 months. I've been clean for almost 5 months now. Like you, I'm shocked at the effects that it had on me in such a short time period. It really took a toll on my life. I also had the chills, sweats, nightmares, everything! It was by the grace of God, and I mean ONLY by the grace of God, that I'm alive today! I'm not at all against NA meetings because I know they help alot of people. My source of strength and hope is Jesus Christ. I had a vehicle accident while on this drug. I broke my neck, my back, 4 ribs, my eye socket, and punctured a lung. They said I wouldn't make it, but if I did I would be paralyzed from the neck down. The doctor at the hospital ordered for surgery on my neck, back, and eye socket. This was on a Saturday night. It was up in the day on Sunday before all of my family and church members were notified. (I did attend church regularly before falling out and submitting to the drug world) They started a prayer chain on Sunday. Monday afternoon, the doctor said that he took another look at my xrays and said that I didn't have to have any surgeries and everything was gonna heal just fine!! I'm a walking miracle! I attend church and pray. That is my support system. Just cry out to Jesus! He's always there!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nothang2big4God For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (10-03-2011)
Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 PM

I have never used meth. No desire to, thank God. However, my guy that I talk to in prison WAS a meth addict when I met him. To make a long story short, he was a neighbor of mine that i thought was a real hottie biscotti when he moved in. I noticed over time that he seemed to be home alot more, etc but didn't think much of it, b/c Vegas people tend to have weird schedules and so did I, so...

Anyway we finally "met" one day and I was thrilled b/c I thought he was such a cutie. And he still was AT THAT POINT. We started hanging out and he told me in very short order that he was an addict. I made the choice to remain his friend b/c I valued the fact that he was honest with me, most addicts are not. That was in April or May. We hung out all summer long until he got arrested in October.

I will say that I am a very lucky girl b/c he never stole from me, didn't expect anything from me, and never put me in any difficult situations. However, I knew he was wreaking havoc when I WAS NOT around. I'd frequently get calls to come get him or could he come over b/c, in HIS words, "he didn't want to be around that stuff if he was around me". (this I will never understand why i was so important from day one). And to his credit, he didn't bring it around me. Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't be around 24-7.

Unfortunately however it really took a toll on him. Thank God his teeth never went bad but towards the end of time before he got picked up (while i was at work one day) he'd lost alot of weight, his vehicle, his place to live, on and on. At the end he was stealing cars for no other purpose than to get to point B from point A and forging checks.

Well, he went in in Oct 07. The paranoia never really stopped but the rest of him seemed to be doing okay. In March of 08 I stopped hearing from him just on a dime. We have since rekindled our friendship about 2 weeks ago and the reason he gave me for going MIA on me was b/c he was always afraid I was going to rat him out, which made no sense b/c he was ALREADY in the DOC!

But, my point being that it takes a long time for some people to recover and for others its quick and each person has their own experiences. It is by far one of the scariest things out there to me. It destroys your entire life and everyone's around you while they watch. He lost relationships with his family, several of his friends he stole from, etc (altho to be fair some of those friends probably as bad off as him).

Today he seems fairly normal. Sometimes I think I pick up in his tone that he's real monotone and doesn't show alot of emotion. It makes me incredibly sad b/c I know he's got a good soul in there that deserves to be happy. But, you know, I gotta say, I'm a little afraid for him when he gets out. I've since moved back home to our "home" state of La from Vegas. He's made several hints about wanting to leave Vegas when he's done but as he doesn't have an out date yet who knows what the DOC will require of him. I'm open to him coming here and getting a new start and being supportive of him. Time will tell.

Congratulations to those who have kicked it and are living happy lives of recovery. My prayers are with you and Good Luck on your road.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissyMagpie For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (10-03-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM

Meth has been a major problem for me and my man for a while.. I used it and he sold it and we'd fight constantly because of eachother using it... I have cut all the negative people that my bf and i associated with and moved so that when he gets out we can both start from scratch. I've now been sober for a couple months and its been great, my bf is proud of me along with my family and life is moving forward...
Old 10-15-2011, 11:38 AM

Never have, never will.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 PM
wandering into the sunset

In prison, I lived with people who used a lot of drugs. They also manufactured and sold drugs. When I heard the description of the process of making some of these drugs, such as meth, I was shocked that anyone would willingly consume that poison.
The women with whom I lived had a hard time giving up these drugs. They were toxic substances but, apparently, they had an appeal before the women became addicted and had no choice but to use these drugs to function. I can't even imagine what that must be like.
Since these drugs are illegal, they do not go through any sort of inspection process and are, therefore, dangerous.
None for me, thank you.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
I was doing crstal before crystal was even known...I am and was a speed freak for more years than i care to count and meth was my drug of choice...it took me years and years to get clean and more years after that to recover...I hope you have yourself a good support system,...as much as i hated "meetings" they and the people there are what got me thru. Its going to get better...you gotta hang tuff and stay close to the people who love you no matter what...i still have a drug induced nightmare now and then...and i have been clean for over 10 years...pm me if you need to talk...keeping you in my prayers
My husband has been a user of Meth for about 15 years, on and off. Mainly off, but that's beside the point. He'd use it about 3 months out of each year. he is currently facing alot of prison time due to getting caught with a lab. He is used to his family, friends, women, and his kids turning against him. I hope if I stick by him with out son, he will be different? He married me and we fell in love when he was 3 years sober off it. BUt he got stressed one day, due to lack of jobs in the economy and went back to it. And now facing 4 class X felonies. I PRAY FOR LITTLE TIME. But is there hope for him? I love the man with all my heart. He has been in county for 3 months, I go see him EVERY visit, he calls everyday, and I send alot of pics and daily letters. Will my support help him quit? Is there hope? He cries to me he wants to stop. Please give me some hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof6boys View Post
I've personally never done any drugs but my husband is a hardcore meth addict. He is now in prison and I hate to say it but I'm glad he is. If he had not been put in prison I'm pretty sure he'd be dead right now. Every aspect of his life was controlled by meth. He was violent, heard things, the accusations never stopped....well to put it bluntly he was psychotic. He was clean when we first got married he was in recovery. Then he ran into an old"friend" at the grocery store and from that moment on he turned into a vicious meth monster.he is now clean and said it wasn't as bad of a ride as he had thought. We have 6 boys who saw what meth did and all that meth took. its a horrible drug and my heart goes out to all who's lives have been affected by it. Because trust me, the users aren't the only victims. It unleashes havoc on everyone close to the user as well. Just listen to that little heartbeat on the doppler at the dr.'s office and know that, that sweet little innocent life growing inside you is more important and will bring you more happiness and joy than any drug. That baby doesn't have a chance if you are on that stuff. Because you are no longer in control under its influence. Make copies of your ultrasound pics and put one on your phone so that everytime u think about making a call its to a support group or a real friend or family member and not a drug run. Put one on any door you exit in your home and maybe it will help u make a good decision instead of a bad one. Find help and know u have the strength and courage within yourself to do this and stick with it. And a little life that depends on your sobriety. Good luck! In my thoughts and prayers.
My hubby is in the same shape looking at a bit of time, I'm freaking out. Do you think there is hope he will be clean once out? I'm 100% clean, always was. I just need some hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooters wifey View Post
I been clean 5 months off meth my addiction 20years i wont use again
I agree! My hubby has been doing it for 18 years, you give me hope that when he gets home form prison for it, that he will STAY clean - IF he gets to come home...

Last edited by LeBeau; 10-28-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 12:30 AM

I used a lot of meth for over a decade. While i did curtail my use of meth about 3 years ago, I was still using some times until last August. After being indicted by the feds on charges unrelated to drugs I took advantage of the pre-trial offer of out patient rehab and therapy because of my documented previous struggles with drugs.

I haven't touched meth, or heroin which was my drug of choice at the time since September of last year.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoubleU
I used a lot of meth for over a decade. While i did curtail my use of meth about 3 years ago, I was still using some times until last August. After being indicted by the feds on charges unrelated to drugs I took advantage of the pre-trial offer of out patient rehab and therapy because of my documented previous struggles with drugs.

I haven't touched meth, or heroin which was my drug of choice at the time since September of last year.
This is an awesome accomplishment!!!! Be proud and stay strong!!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:02 PM
*~His Angel~*

i discovered meth back in 2004, used it sparingly over a year. Mixing it with xtc and weed. I never became an actual addict, but if we (me and my ex husband) would have never got caught selling the meth, i'm pretty sure i'd be an addict. Things happen for a reason. We were both arrested and brought to prison. ALOT of people have NO clue about me being in this situation. I don't bring it up, and i never talk about it. Of course I'm ashamed. I've always been a good girl, quiet, and played by the rules. It's embarrassing. But i've been there.. i done it. The reason i started it was b/c i was losing weight, of course i was, i NEVER ate. I never could bring myself to snort it.. i always just swallowed it.. never really knew how much i was taking it, but i was cautious about it. STILL stupid. Thankfully, we were busted selling it. That was almost 7 years ago. I haven't touched it since.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O's Sweetheart View Post
I've never done ANY drugs in my entire 29 yrs of life (including weed, since some people think that's not a drug, which is absurd) but Tylenol or Advil lol and SELDOMLY. I'm funny about taking any pills or anything.
weed is a drug!!!!! i have seen people sell all the things in there home to get weed fight and go into withdrawl. so yes it is a drug...

Old 03-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,280 Times in 603 Posts

I was attacked and beaten by a "friend" while he was in a meth phsycosis.. I had no idea he even used meth.... after that there was no way I wanted to ever try that drug...... I was beaten and left for dead at an emergecy room.... he kicked his way into my apt while I was in the shower, callled me some other womans name and kept hitting my head on the wall.. the next thing I remember was waking up at a hospital 2 hours from my home.

What happened that day was so random and hard to believe a drug could turn a person ( who I thought I knew) into a monster like that, and he was a monster that day ... and yes he did do prison time for that incident.