Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Siblings of Inmates For brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 09-23-2011, 11:36 AM
lost faith in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulinsj View Post
Goodness gracious i have not one but two brothers incarcerated. My heart breaks when i think of this. It's been 6 years for one and just since May for the other. It brings me to tears to see how it has affected my Mom and Dad. Dad has cancer and it's unlikely he will see either before he passes.

Sheila
Sheila I can understand what you are saying. I have seen my parents age these past few years due to my brother's situation. It has been hard on them. My mother has had a few strokes since my brother has been locked up. I really hope they are still living when my brother comes home. Just as I hope your parents will get to see your brother come home.

The Following User Says Thank You to gypseagirl For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (10-19-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 05:37 PM

The last time I saw my brother without an orange outfit on was at a hospital in Mesa, where my dad was being treated because his heart had stopped, or was in the process of stopping working on it's own.
We were never close, for any reason other than it just never happened, until this. Strangely his going to prison has made me closer to him than anything else in our lives. It was never an issue of us not liking eachother, we just never had the occasion to see eachother outside of family holiday get-togethers.
It wouldn't surprise me if when he finally gets out, that things will go back the way they were before. Not that I'd want them to, but it just might end up that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to thegodofthelost For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (10-11-2011)
Old 10-11-2011, 07:29 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

Thanked 4,102 Times in 970 Posts

Sometimes prison will pull people together who otherwise cannot or will not take the time to get to know one another. The fact that you share a bond as brothers means more than a lot of folks know or realize. It means something in there to have a brother who thinks enough of you to write. He’s blessed to have your support and encouragement
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Heart broken sister

One year, two days ... Oct. 17, 2010.
Hopefully he will be home in Aug. of 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to hywesley1 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (10-19-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM

wow I dont feel like the lone ranger now I was about 15 years old last time I seen my oldest brother who always took moms place when she was sick. I am now 41 years old I have not seen him and I finaly got cleared to visit but the thing is I just started college I live month by month since his lock up our mom has died I had to be the one to tell him and another brother just got 10 years. I want so bad to see him I live in 29 palms,ca and dont have car bad shape but if any one has any idea how to help please get back to me

Scarlett (crazyn29)
The Following User Says Thank You to crazyn29 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (11-19-2011)
Old 11-19-2011, 09:51 PM

The last time I saw my littler brother outside of prison was in June 2009. I think it was about a month before he was arrested. We were at a family reunion. You see, Him and I used to be SUPER close. I took care of him when he was little. His dad would have to leave for work as soon as I got home from school, and mom didnt get home until 8ish. So, his care fell on me. We were closer than him and mom were. If he was hurt, he wanted me. If he was scared, he wanted me. If he was happy or excited, he wanted me. Then..I got pregnant when I was 16..He was 8. I left home and married my husband. My biggest regret is not taking him with me when I left. I feel like things could have been so different for him. You see, he then spent the next 8 yrs being shoved from his dads to moms. Neither acted like they wanted him. I did. I just didnt know how to become his legal guardian and I figured no one would let me, given my age. ANYWAY. Our bond slipped over the years..my husband and I had more kids...our lives were so different. That year he had finally started contacting me and we'd spent some time together. He didnt usually come to things like family reunions. He's always kind of felt like the black sheep. So I was surprised to see him. We spent the entire day playing with my kids and chasing them around. They all adore him. It was absolutely one of the best days we'd spent together in a VERY long time. Then a month later everything turned upside down. I couldn't visit him while he was in county--the visiting hours sucked...Mom went though and would pass messages back and forth. The very NEXT time I saw him was at our mothers funeral. He was sentanced to 3-15yrs on the day mom died. They brought him late, in the orange jumpsuit, shackled. I don't know HOW he had the strength to walk to the front of the room like he did. I could never have done it. And of course his guards wouldnt really let any of us near enough to him to either comfort him or be comforted by him. As it stands now, Im his only outside support. Our brothers can't be bothered to write...and neither can visit. His dad doesn't write or visit. It breaks my heart. I CANNOT wait to have him home!
The Following User Says Thank You to jnix1981 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (11-26-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 02:10 PM

The last time I saw my lil brother before his incarceration was December 13 2009.
The Following User Says Thank You to hiswifie For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (11-26-2011)
Old 11-25-2011, 08:05 PM

I have never seen my big brother in the real world
My brother got locked up a few years before my mom got pregnant with me... I saw him once when I was 1 month old, then again when I was 8.
But now me and my dad go every few months. We started going more when last year when I was 14. I'm glad we go as much as we can now though :]
The Following User Says Thank You to AlabamaGirl09 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (11-26-2011)
Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Sometimes prison will pull people together who otherwise cannot or will not take the time to get to know one another. The fact that you share a bond as brothers means more than a lot of folks know or realize. It means something in there to have a brother who thinks enough of you to write. He’s blessed to have your support and encouragement
Oh, sorry, I'm actually female. I know it's hard to tell by the name and picture. Nice of you to respond to most of the posts here.
The Following User Says Thank You to thegodofthelost For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (03-20-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 AM
PTO Staff on LOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodofthelost View Post
Oh, sorry, I'm actually female. I know it's hard to tell by the name and picture. Nice of you to respond to most of the posts here.
Oopps!!! Sorry about that. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:15 AM

Thanked 1,237 Times in 672 Posts

Not to get too off point here, but really you never know when the last time will come, so it is best to always hug or say "I love you" when you are leaving, or a loved one is leaving you, even if you see them on a regular basis.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Patiently Waiting Daddy<3

The last time I saw my brother out in the free world was when I was 15 I'm 22 now ... I remember we errr in the swimming pool that day ! My brother is serving a life sentence its hard but I try to not dwell. On it idk how to explain it like I don't think think about it but theres not a day that I dnt think about him its hard this has been the hardest thing our family has gone through but us as family we have to be strong for him !
The Following User Says Thank You to hismammys For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-08-2012)
Old 04-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Donation Award 

I last saw my brother riding a bike down the street in Eugene. I ducked down in my car hoping I wouldn't see him. over the past few years it had just gotten too painful to see him. he was always high, always scheming and sometimes scary. I chose to avoid him rather than see him.

my mom found out about a month ago that he was inside, being processed. my first response was relief. at least I know where he is now. at least it's less likely he'll od in prison than homeless on the streets.

not sure when I'll see him again. until then, I will write letters and send books.
The Following User Says Thank You to tslittlesister For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-08-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM

i miss my brother....45 years is hard for anyone to do.....now imagine someone 22yrs old doing 45yrs....he will spend majority of his life in prison.....the last time i saw him was at my house before leaving to florida to attend college....i remember telling him to b careful and to call me/txt me so i dont worry.....who wouldve ever thought that would b my last time seeing him....hugging him....just blowing up his phone "nagging" him about his future....i miss him so much!!
The Following User Says Thank You to loveujerel For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-17-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM

The last time i seen my bro was 2 weeks b4 he got locked up July 4, 2009... I miss him soo much even tho i talk to him 2-3 times a day it dont help me miss him less....
The Following User Says Thank You to abanda29 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-19-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,559 Posts

The last time I saw my twin brothers free was about in 2002. Sadly one is serving a 20 yr sentence in TDCJ and the other one is serving a 10 YR sentence. They went to prison within mths of each other. Both of them sadly were involved in crimes that landed them all over the news here in Houston.

The Following User Says Thank You to closer2mydreamz For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-19-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 11:40 PM

The last time I saw my brother was dinner at Outback Steakhouse about 6 weeks before he was arrested. I was supposed to drop by and pay him back some $$ I owed him, and a few minutes before I left he texted and told me to wear something decent because he was taking me to dinner. I have 4 kids, so that was an enormous treat!

But the best part was just hanging out with him and being goofy. It's tradition for us to grab coloring books and turn the Word Find into a cutthroat competition. Slip crayons into each other's drinks. Trade colorful insults. Complain about our parents. Talk about our cats.

You know, I had no idea just how ridiculous we are until I just typed that all out and re-read it lol

He's one of my closest friends and I miss him so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigSis129 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 AM

The last time I saw my lil bro was last year Feb 27,2011 im takin it pretty hard we was like bestfriends
I MISS YOU BABY BOY
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!
The Following User Says Thank You to Loco'sGirl<3 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (04-19-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 04:14 PM

There is an 11 yr gap between my lil brother & me. I haven't seen him since he was about 11 yrs old. He got locked up at age 18, he's 30 yrs old now. Hopefully he goes up for parole this year. If not he's got about 3 years to go.
I'm the only one in the family who writes him. Our mom & sister don't. We don't even know where they are. I'm in NC & he's in Michegan. So visits don't happen. I miss him dearly.
The Following User Says Thank You to hismess For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (05-06-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM

The last time i seen my brother was two years ago. Just last month my mom and i found out he had been incarcerated for over a year. He never called,wrote. He has been an addict since he was eleven and because his addiction he didn't want anything to do with the family. Regardless of his mistakes. I love him and miss my bby brother so much. We heard that he recently got released but untill this date no sign of him. And i have two weeks searching for him
Just want my lil brother back and give him back

Last edited by liz25; 05-25-2012 at 03:08 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to liz25 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (05-25-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 03:08 PM

The last time i seen my brother was two years ago. Just last month my mom and i found out he had been incarcerated for over a year. He never called,wrote. He has been an addict since he was eleven and because his addiction he didn't want anything to do with the family. Regardless of his mistakes. I love him and miss my bby brother so much. We heard that he recently got released but untill this date no sign of him. And i have two weeks searching for him
Just want my lil brother back and give him all the support he needs to get thru his addiction i know we can all those this as a family.
The Following User Says Thank You to liz25 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (07-25-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Well I'm new to all this. But last time I saw my brother I really don't remember when cause he's been in and out of Jail for the past 6 years. But I seen him in April When I went to the Jail to see him. Before I left for New York And they told him they was done playing his games next time he messed up he was going to prison and now that's where he sit's he is missing out on his new nephew's life and his one and only child and she will be a year old on Dec. 11th It hurt to see him in there. But he is looking at doing 2 to 3 years So I'm hoping this changes him to where he will start been good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brenda3 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (07-25-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 AM

The last time I saw my baby brother in the free world was in May 2011. He had just came home in April 2011 from doing a 2 year bid. My husband and I took him and his girlfriend out to dinner. Had I known this would have been my last time seeing him on the outside I would have made it special. Although, we are not that close I feel a special connection to him. He was arrested in August 2011 for murder and will be sentenced in October 2012. I just hope that one day before we leave this earth that I will be able to see him on the outside.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kani1130 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (07-25-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Well I'd have to say which brother out of my 8 five have been in and out of prison but the last time is seen Ed was when he ripped me off/ 1995 at my apt, Fred was when the parole officers showed up and removed him from my closet/ 1996 , bob was when he was cooking dinner for us and the cops busted in and layer him to the floor/ 1997 George was when I gave Hume and bob a place to stay and ended up ripping off my friends before he went back for parole violation,1997. Jerry when he was using a different name and was doing well as a truck driver for Years till they found out and put him back in for identity theft that was 2008, so ya now I will no longer help I'm the baby sister and I've leard the hard way to love them from a distance, it hurts so much to see or here they got sent back up! Now I just google the name in the Utah state prison mugshots page and look at my brothers. At least I know there alive!
The Following User Says Thank You to housewife17 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (08-02-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

Wow….that’s quite a “the last time you saw your sibling”. I feel for you and I can see why it’s easier to love them from a distance, too. Thanks for sharing.