Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > The Drug War
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Drug War A war against drugs, or against families?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney View Post
I have never smoked it and actually have no interest in smoking it. I don't even like cigarette smoke. I do not judge people that smoke, I just don't want it around me.
weed is just one of those things. some people drink alcohol some dont some people drink coffee some dont. some people take multivitamins some dont same with weed. some people use it some dont. no big deal
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to h0neybudz For This Useful Post:
channie512 (09-15-2012), mack19318 (09-09-2012), MrsCetina (04-12-2012), O's Sweetheart (09-07-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 PM

I personally don't like pot at all but I think it should be legal and cigarettes should be illegal
The Following User Says Thank You to shepswife For This Useful Post:
MrBW (04-08-2012)
Old 01-12-2012, 11:21 PM

Lol pot is the devil, at least when I smoked it. I dont know why but the last 2 times I did it I was so so sick. I know alot of people that smoke regularly n function fine. The fact that it is illegal makes it hard to say its not bad because even though it doesnt effect people like other things it can still effect ur life. It sucks but its true.
The Following User Says Thank You to martinezv For This Useful Post:
O's Sweetheart (09-07-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Butterflz72

Natural or not, Pot has psychological and physiological side effects. The effects depend on the person, how much and how often used. There is still alot of research being done on the subject. I've known several people who use it. Some SEEM successful and others obviuosly not. Either way, it does alter your thinking, how you act/react and your personality - for better or worse. I agree with the term "A drug is a drug" and unless a person is dying or in chronic pain, I think peeps should stay away from it and just be themselves. :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butterflz72 For This Useful Post:
BRG<3AEG (09-14-2012), O's Sweetheart (09-07-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepswife View Post
I personally don't like pot at all but I think it should be legal and cigarettes should be illegal
I couldn't agree more. sickens me how many deaths are caused my cigarettes and how weed has never caused even one death yet it's illegal and cigarettes are legal. Alcohol too. The cost of health care is so high because of cigarettes and alcohol yet they are legal and pot fixes so many issues yet it is sending millions of decent people away to jail for it's use and distribution. somethings just don't make any sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBW For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-12-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 03:13 AM
A Whole New World......

I don't! I'm always down too smoke some Ganga(;
Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 AM
missing my Johnny

It depends. Pot can diffinitly be bad depending on how often you smoke it and where.
In the privacy of ur home in the evening, sure. like anything, in moderation.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Hi everyone

I use cannabis medically according to my state laws. I've worked with several organizations that educated and stand up for the cause. Several websites offer information on this: Americans for Safe Access, L.E.A.P, etc. The more we are educated on cannabis and it's benefits - the better we can fight to end the war on citizens and their families.

Have a good night ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Teaflora For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 PM

Thanked 1,420 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaflora View Post
Hi everyone

I use cannabis medically according to my state laws. I've worked with several organizations that educated and stand up for the cause. Several websites offer information on this: Americans for Safe Access, L.E.A.P, etc. The more we are educated on cannabis and it's benefits - the better we can fight to end the war on citizens and their families.

Have a good night ;-)
Hello i use it medically too. Thanks for stopping by and posting this

hes been home since 12/29/09
&
off probation since 5/28/13
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsCetina For This Useful Post:
mack19318 (09-09-2012), Teaflora (04-16-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Well.... This covers alot of areas so hard to put in a post. No. I do not consider it to be a hard drug. But a natural drug. But it has been grown and bred into a more potent form. Sometimes to much for young people. I've had experience with a family member and we ended up at a psychiatrist. Boys brains take the longest to fully develop and to much serious pot can interfere. But once the brain is fully developed there are alot of benefits. And yet at the same time if you smoke the correct strain for an issue there are many benefits, even at a young age. I guess thats why I agree with more education and the pot shops opening up. Most of these people really know what they are talking about. Like which types help most with cancer, pain or anxiety. And I do believe there are benefits. My mom was against it until she was on her second month of chemotherapy and couldn't handle the drugs they were giving her. Done right the marijuana is so much more natural and less taxing on the body by far. I firmly believe that we need to be able to make that personal choice. And also educate ourselves. God gave us plants as food and medicine. I'm not a smoker but who should have the right to tell me that what mother earth has provided as medicinal is illegal? Just my thoughts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-13-2012), OneOfMany (09-07-2012), Teaflora (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 AM

I'm not a smoker but who should have the right to tell me that what mother earth has provided as medicinal is illegal? Just my thoughts.[/quote]

That's the beauty of cannabis... one doesn't need to smoke it to get the benefits of the medicine. There's edibles, tincture, the use of a vaporizer, special pipes designed not to give carcinogens that are bad. That is why more research and education is needed, but our world leaders are more concern with trade. It all connects, and it's the reason why I chose to follow L.E.A.P's progress. It's a global prohibition in which our government promotes. They make more money that way, e.g. cheap labor in the prisons. How many people do you know who are in prison over a crime pertaining to cannabis? To me, it's a waste all the way around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teaflora For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-16-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 03:26 PM

Believe it or not, I think smoking pot is a bad thing. I also think having high blood pressure is a bad thing, as is having diabetes. That doesn't mean I think people should be jailed over them.

Everyone I know who smokes pot loses a lot of motivation. That is their business and theirs alone, in my view.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to probedinfl For This Useful Post:
Geauxin'KraZee (09-08-2012), O's Sweetheart (09-07-2012), SusanWayward (09-08-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 AM
NicoleMarie

Default weed

Id say to each is own, but its not worth sacraficing fines, courts, and freedom
Geauxin'KraZee (09-08-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Still KraZee in Love !

Thanked 4,290 Times in 2,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy'sBabygirl View Post
Many of you here know my ex-boyfriend is an addict. His drug of choice, whatever he can get his hands on, except weed. I have never seen him smoke pot.

I recently met this new guy, who's only drug of choice is pot. He doesn't drink, doesn't do pills, has a good job, pays his bills on time, goes to work everyday.

So tell me how many of you think smoking pot is a bad thing?
I never come.in this forum.but the title of this thread caught my attention and I want to respond. My man was on probation for.simple.possossion of marijuana. Seven years! Yes, that's right, seven years for a miniscule amount of weed here in the inmate.state of Louisiana. He doesn't drink and.never did any other drugs. He only used pot as an aid to chill out and relax and go to
sleep. He wasn't selling it, growing it, or giving it to underage kids. Casual use only. His probation got revoked because some.idiot in drug court failed.their drug screen and "said" that it was my man that gave them a pill! So, my man ended up serving time.based on what someone.said! That was two years and four months of his life.robbed from him! My man has been "pot free" for five years now and has been home.for a year and a half because he was granted.parole. So, now.our lives are still being controlled because of a little bit of pot, because that's where the crap began! So my answer is NO ITS NOT OK in our situation simply for.the fact that it is ILLIGAL! l

Last edited by Geauxin'KraZee; 09-07-2012 at 02:44 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Geauxin'KraZee For This Useful Post:
SusanWayward (09-08-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
smile my LOVE..♥

Well I use cannabis for medical reasons.. but either way, no I do not think it is a bad thing. To each his own. (:
Geauxin'KraZee (09-07-2012), MrsCetina (10-09-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Crazy about him

I grew up thinking it's bad thanks to my parents. I'll be 31 next month and can honestly say I've never done ANY drugs, including weed, besides the occasional Tylenol or Advil. I don't judge, however, and a lot of my friends do it. To each their own, but for me personally, no thank you.

Engaged to the most amazing man in the planet 11/20/10!

Married 5/30/2011
The Following User Says Thank You to O's Sweetheart For This Useful Post:
Geauxin'KraZee (09-07-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:47 PM

IMHO Pot should be legalized. I've smoked it, and probably would again, I don't consider it a 'real' drug or a 'gateway' drug. Its a funny smelling plant really. So yeah I think it should be legalized. Besides, heart patients and cancer patients can legally smoke it(I hear its a good pain killer).

The Following User Says Thank You to JLSC For This Useful Post:
Coolskate (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM

This is a very public forum so it is not reasonable to comment on an illegal substance.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:06 PM

yes, weed is bad... that is why my man is in jail... smoking weed. i hate that stuff anyways though.... to each their own.
The Following User Says Thank You to BRG<3AEG For This Useful Post:
Geauxin'KraZee (09-15-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 PM

I do NOT think smoking pot is a bad thing if you can do it and still take care of your responsibilities. Just remember, sometimes pot leads to pills, then drinking and so on. Not in all cases, but some cases it does.

If he's done just pot for a long period of time and nothing else, I don't see a problem at all.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by probedinfl View Post
Believe it or not, I think smoking pot is a bad thing. I also think having high blood pressure is a bad thing, as is having diabetes. That doesn't mean I think people should be jailed over them.

Everyone I know who smokes pot loses a lot of motivation. That is their business and theirs alone, in my view.
My husband has been a pot smoker for many many years and not once has he lost motivation because of it.....lol I know some do, but most do not! Personally, I could care less who smokes pot or doesn't. I am not in aggreeeance that it is the gateway to more ilicit drugs. I personally think it should be legalized only for the simple fact that it's stupid for people to be jailed for it or catch big cases for being in possession of it. I think the government is silly to not legalize it and make their own money on it and leave everyone alone who chosses to smoke it. I have more to say, but I will save it for the debates in the legal world of it LOL
MrsCetina (10-09-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Puff puff pass!! Who cares to each it's own.. More people smoke Weed than we'd ever imagine.. If its not having a negative effect in how you conduct your daily lives then smoke on!! All these famous people that have passed away.. You hear alcohol, drugs, prescription pills.. To my knowledge weed isn't causing OD's or killing peopl on the road!!
MrsCetina (10-09-2012), StacysWar030 (09-15-2012), SusanWayward (09-15-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Unrepentant Mule-Wearer
Donation Award 

I see it the same as alcohol and it should be legalized.

Like alcohol, it is fine if used in moderation, has dangers if used to excess.

However, even if used to excess, cannabis is less damaging to the physical body than alcohol. Especially if one is able to buy legally and can be assured it is not adulterated with other things. (Just like alcohol, too! See "bathtub gin" for example).

Also - pot does undeniably have medicinal qualities, which alcohol does not have.

I sincerely believe that the worst consequence of pot use right now are the possible legal consequences!

It should be legal for both medical and recreational use. What a free citizen puts in their own body is not the govt's business.

PS - I am drug free except for a very occasional glass of wine or cocktail. But, if I had chronic pain and had to choose between pot and Rx painkillers, I'd want to try pot first.

Last edited by SusanWayward; 09-15-2012 at 08:38 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to SusanWayward For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (10-09-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Winner 2014 

For those that say Pot doesn't kill I will tell you that my nephew was high as a kite on Pot and was driving and not only killed himself but the two people in the car he crashed into. So Pot can kill. Can you imagine if Pot were legalized? How many people would be driving around stoned out of their minds. Yes, I know that people do it now and that people drink and drive but it only takes a little bit of Pot to impair someones driving ability. I would not support legalization. I support medicinal marijuana for those that need it because I know that it has benefits there but for the general public, no.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM

Cool Pot's ok..but the laws aren't

The war against marijuana has done more harm to good people and their families than the drug itself could ever do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indicasteve For This Useful Post:
aloneinbhc (12-20-2012), MrsCetina (12-28-2012)