Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Oregon facilities should be posted here.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 AM

Default Whats your favorite visiting outfit thats doc appropriate?

Hopefully visits will be approved soon (eoci) and I'm looking for ideas. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,283 Posts

I haven't tried yet, but I plan on wearing hiking gear. It's boring, not blue, not at all vaguely suggestive or sexy, and has very little metal on it. I'm sitting here with you, waiting for my application to be approved. I'm not sure how I'd know - the form said if I sent it electronically and included my email address, that they'd email me. My dad just signed the forms this past Friday, so I put a note on my calendar to call them in a week and a half if I haven't heard anything.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 PM

They don't let you know if you are ok to visit. I beleave when the inmate gets it and sighns and returns it your then ok to visit. They never contacted me but I'm ok to visit. My first visit will be in June. I can't wait.Good luck with your visits. I'm going to wear a skirt and nice blouse.

The Following User Says Thank You to longdays&nights For This Useful Post:
WandaLena (08-11-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 PM

I like to wear the 535 Levis in black with some heels and a nice dress shirt. You have to be careful though because what you are allowed to wear for one visit may beinappropriate for the next. It depends on the officer. Last time I went I worse something I had worn previously and the guard didnt like it (or the extra 5 outfits I had brougt along) So I had to drive to the nearest walmart supercenter 1/2 hour away and so after buying ugly black scrub pants and a t shirt I was allowed to visit but only for 45 min after a 8 hour drive So just try to bring as many outfits as you can and try to especially bring some sweatpants or scrub pants and a sweatshirt for a last resort
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saritax13
I like to wear the 535 Levis in black with some heels and a nice dress shirt. You have to be careful though because what you are allowed to wear for one visit may beinappropriate for the next. It depends on the officer. Last time I went I worse something I had worn previously and the guard didnt like it (or the extra 5 outfits I had brougt along) So I had to drive to the nearest walmart supercenter 1/2 hour away and so after buying ugly black scrub pants and a t shirt I was allowed to visit but only for 45 min after a 8 hour drive So just try to bring as many outfits as you can and try to especially bring some sweatpants or scrub pants and a sweatshirt for a last resort
So heres a question, for jeans how tight is too tight? Trying to get a feel for what can be appropriate. I wonder if black yoga style pants would be allowed, they're kinda like sweats... Or is it the loose baggy style that's more accepted?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 PM

Saritax is right on - it really seems to depend on the COs. I've seen some very tight and very skimpy (micro-mini!!!) outfits go through - definitely more appropriate for a club, and not a prison visit.
Wear what you think might work, but bring some back up pants, just in case. I have worn my yoga pants (form fitting) and shirts without a problem.
Have a great visit!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Athena26 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-26-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Does NOT Sugarcoat

Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatPDX View Post
Hopefully visits will be approved soon (eoci) and I'm looking for ideas. Thanks!
I do not try to wear anything sexy, because sure as I do, they will not approve of it. I wear granny clothes...lol, that way I know I will make it in.

No, in all honesty, I wear very basic clothing. I do not wear collars that are too low, pants that are too tight, bra with metal in it, NO denim or navy blue. Actually, you can wear black denim, but I have seen people turned away (OSP),due to the black not being the right hue...stupid I know, but we are at their mercy.

Again, very basic and not too revealing.

I hope you get accepted soon and have an awesome visit.

PS- others are right, the inmate will know if you are accepted or declined to visit. They do not contact the visitors.

Peace~

Old 04-23-2012, 01:32 AM

I wear skinny black jeans with Ts or a dress shirt. I was once called out (said jeans were to tight) but I made a case real quick. I called the CO out on letting three full figured women go in with form fitting clothes (the women looked beautiful). Lord knows that he was not going to call them fat so he let me go in. I usually try to bring two outfits for the day, one for morning visit and one for afternoon visit. Every once in a while I will bust out sweats and a sweat shirt with a cute messy pony tail. I let him see what he's missing on "lazy dayz!" He usually smiles and shakes his head Love my Papi
Old 04-23-2012, 01:48 AM

if you are a curvy women dont wear any tight close; like for me i have a huge ass and tits i dont wear anything that will show them, but i am also small. so they be like damn..lol one visit i wore tights black ones they let me go but i wore a gray ones for my next visit they said i couldnt come in untill changed. I would say wear slacks something fitting but not toooo fiting. SoCalz i havnt tried the sweats day, i will try that when i go visit him next month hopefully
The Following User Says Thank You to hisbabygurl2014 For This Useful Post:
SoCalz (04-23-2012)
Old 05-12-2012, 11:48 PM

they care more about the chest then the butt. a shirt that was okay for morning visits they complained afternoon visit i wore a sweater buttoned it and when i went over to the next room to wait for him i unbuttoned it.. first visit i wore skinny jeans with a layered shirt and there wasn't a problem. Just go on days where there aren't a lot of visitors they are way more relaxed. Friday afternoon was crazy busy and they were paying more attention and details

Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM

My black skinny jeans (loose enough that I make it through. Once they had me walk around to make sure it wasn't too tight on my bum.), black zip up boots, t shirt, and a super thin sweater or cardigan. I like to keep covered up as I tend to get cold in there. I keep a set of medical scrubs in the trunk for work, so I wear those if I get turned away. (They're white and brown) I also have a spare bra with no underwires. Lately I've gotten in with my underwire, but I don't want to take any chances. but yeah, basically loose clothing. I wish I could wear something sexier. Some of the crap they let through is insane.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Account Closed

I am glad that I found this because I have been wondering to. I am traveling from Illinois to Oregon to visit and do not want to have any issues. I have some colored skinny jeggings. I wonder if they would be considered to tight. I was going to wear a cami under my t-shirt instead of a bra. do you think that would be okay? This is so difficult.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtjen View Post
I am glad that I found this because I have been wondering to. I am traveling from Illinois to Oregon to visit and do not want to have any issues. I have some colored skinny jeggings. I wonder if they would be considered to tight. I was going to wear a cami under my t-shirt instead of a bra. do you think that would be okay? This is so difficult.
Some places will allow cami's as bras, others won't. No place allows underwires.

Leggings are probably going to be too tight unless you wear a tunic style top that covers your tush and upper thighs. Even then they still might say it's too tight.

Make sure you bring with you either an old pair of sweats or a set of scrubs or something like that (NO BLUE!). I've never had to use the old baggy sweats that I drag with me every time I go visit, but I've loaned them to other people a couple of times now.

The one thing that I've seen people get turned away for repeatedly is white bottoms - they claim the fabric is too tight/see through. This is at OSCI, other places interpret the rules differently (as if it's not difficult enough). Some places insist that you wear a BRA (not a cami, not a sports bra, a real bra with real bra straps... I don't get it, but I don't have to, I just have to follow the rules). Some say that "shoes" are closed toe/heel. Some say that any shade of blue is off limits (seen that several times at OSCI). Some allow pretty darned clingy clothing, some don't. Some say that you must have sleeves on your shirt, some don't (sleeve must come at least one inch down from the shoulder). Heck, OAR says skirts/shorts have to fall to 1 inch below the center of the kneecap and I have seen plenty of shorts that didn't go that low who walked through.

So bring backup "sure to getcha in" clothing. That's about the best you can do if you're trying to look nice.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Some places will allow cami's as bras, others won't. No place allows underwires.

Leggings are probably going to be too tight unless you wear a tunic style top that covers your tush and upper thighs. Even then they still might say it's too tight.

Make sure you bring with you either an old pair of sweats or a set of scrubs or something like that (NO BLUE!). I've never had to use the old baggy sweats that I drag with me every time I go visit, but I've loaned them to other people a couple of times now.

The one thing that I've seen people get turned away for repeatedly is white bottoms - they claim the fabric is too tight/see through. This is at OSCI, other places interpret the rules differently (as if it's not difficult enough). Some places insist that you wear a BRA (not a cami, not a sports bra, a real bra with real bra straps... I don't get it, but I don't have to, I just have to follow the rules). Some say that "shoes" are closed toe/heel. Some say that any shade of blue is off limits (seen that several times at OSCI). Some allow pretty darned clingy clothing, some don't. Some say that you must have sleeves on your shirt, some don't (sleeve must come at least one inch down from the shoulder). Heck, OAR says skirts/shorts have to fall to 1 inch below the center of the kneecap and I have seen plenty of shorts that didn't go that low who walked through.

So bring backup "sure to getcha in" clothing. That's about the best you can do if you're trying to look nice.

Thanks!!!
They look like this! I figured I would get a shirt that was tunic style anyway. hmmm... I may have to go shopping I don't think I have anything baggy. maybe I will take my Old Navy flannel pajama pants. They are super baggy.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post

Thank you so much for all your input. no matter where I go I get conflicting answers. I talked to my lovey and he answered some things a little more. He also told me to try something like this.
he said no blues at all. But we can wear flip flops, sandals, etc... he said no denim. I already knew that. That probably means jeggings are out because they are colored but denim. I wonder if the outfit above would go through. Either way I am going to have to buy some items because nothing I have will work.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 PM

be careful on the shirts! one guy in there is really picky about how low is considered to low. he made like 6 girls up there shirt on sunday! lol. i wear black cargo pants or black loose goocho(sp) pants. t-shirts or just cute loose flowy shirts. i wear bracelets earings i havent set off that metal detector once! haha. flip flops sneakers.
Also my guy is in TRCI
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess91 View Post
be careful on the shirts! one guy in there is really picky about how low is considered to low. he made like 6 girls up there shirt on sunday! lol. i wear black cargo pants or black loose goocho(sp) pants. t-shirts or just cute loose flowy shirts. i wear bracelets earings i havent set off that metal detector once! haha. flip flops sneakers.
Also my guy is in TRCI
Thank you so much! I wondered about TRCI. My lovey said flip flops are fine and to watch the neckline.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 PM

Isn't it crazy how much dress code varies from facility to facility? That shouldn't surprise me given how widely the prosecution of crimes varies from county to county here in Oregon, but I digress.
Jen, the outfit examples that you posted are so cute and in good taste - I think that you're going to do just fine. Definitely bring a back up outfit, just for peace of mind. I was so incredibly nervous about my clothes the first few times that I visited. I wear most of my clothes fitted, unless they are supposed to be flowy. I remember sitting there feeling positively frumpy in this new baggy, shapeless turtleneck that I bought specifically for the visit, while a girl sitting one table over was in stilettos and, honestly, a tight minidress.
During my last visit at SRCI, I saw a prime example of why white pants aren't the best choice - especially if they are tight and you decide to pair your black undergarments with them. Amazingly, the COs let her through. Bless their hearts - it must have been her lucky day.
Needless to say, I've become more relaxed, but still have back up in my car ... just in case!
The Following User Says Thank You to Athena26 For This Useful Post:
emtjen (07-06-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 03:44 PM

I love visiting at Snake river we can wear tank tops and they are pretty lax, they have one female CO that can be a little rough but not to bad we've learned if your going to wear tight pants wear a longer shirt like an umbrella top or something that covers half your butt and they let you go in no problem. Black or White skinny jeans with some wedges or hells or semi loose bottoms with wedges or heels are my fav. I wore a little black summer dress this time that was a tank top, top I'll post pics when we get them.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM

I will be visiting my honey at SRCI and I am 5 months pregnant....will they turn me away if my shirt is too tight on my belly? I'll try to wear something loose but I can't help it if baby grows bigger. Also can you wear a tank top that covers well with a zip up hoodie? Thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Don't know if they have said any of this didnt want to read everyons post haha, but I've been going to eoci for awhile now. Everything has to be to the middle of the knee unless you have leggings. With leggings they might let you back with mmid thigh maybe a lil longer, just depends who is there that day. Also no solid blue or blue tshirts with writting. Just avoid blue all together in my opinion. no bra straps showing, not too much clevage. You can usually get away with a little. All shoes are fine. careful with wire bras. careful with short sleeve, bring jacket with you just in case. No jeans, no camo. the whole tight fitted clothing is a toss up. I get in fine with it some others don't. I always bring a bag of extra clothes I know will get through if i think my outfit is fisky, they give you a locker. get to EOCI early. around 715am the latest or you will be at the bottom of the list and wait forever. Hope this hepls.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM

I have a friend at my college who was a guard at a couple different facilities and he said that underwires aren't an issue because they'll just hand wand you. I don't own anything else and, frankly, I want to keep the girls where they belong.

How are they with zip up hoodies? I have a cute short sleeve one with a plastic zipper. I wonder if it would pass?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Life,love,stress&setbacks

I'm glad I found this thread! Heading to SRCI (minimum) this weekend. Its only my second time ever. I bought a black pair of Old Navy Rock Star jeans and some super cute yoga pants.
I'm a bit worried about the yoga pants though, as they display my booty quite nicely. Ha ha! Maybe I'll just wear a hoodie that covers it a bit? I haven't even thought about what top to wear, obviously keep the girls covered.

Also, I have metal gauges in my ears. Wondering if those will set off the metal detector??

Last edited by VinnysGirl; 11-13-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Life,love,stress&setbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaW
I have a friend at my college who was a guard at a couple different facilities and he said that underwires aren't an issue because they'll just hand wand you. I don't own anything else and, frankly, I want to keep the girls where they belong.

How are they with zip up hoodies? I have a cute short sleeve one with a plastic zipper. I wonder if it would pass?
I wore a zip up hoodie to my last trip and it was fine.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 PM

Thanked 1,897 Times in 891 Posts

I dont try to dress up. The whole prison thing is uncomfortable even though I have been doing it for three years.

I figure he knew me before he went in, I can spoil him with what I want to wear for him when he comes out.

Its a pain in the ass making sure the pants arent too tight, the right color, the shirt fits appropriately and they cant see your bra or nipples.

He has had the pleasure seeing me wear black visit after visit after visit.

He will get spoiled when he comes home when it comes to what I wear, not a minute sooner. And he is OK with that. UH,,,,,,,, he better be. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatPDX View Post

The Following User Says Thank You to Tuesday123 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (11-14-2012)