Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Pets
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 09:22 PM

Awwww. Cute dogs. I just got a german shepard puppie. Always have been my fave and I finally now am a proud owner! Even though he is very cute I am ready for his maturity to come into play. I do have some experience with pitbulls. They are very good dogs if trained properly. Try obiedience school, it truly helps and will pay off in the long run. Also pits are very aggressive chewers so have plenty of toys around. My obidience instructor has to pits that he takes to hospitals and elderly homes to help the people. They are very calm well behaved dogs. With any dog just about you have to train them properly. German shepards are naturally very protective dogs and very loyal. I guess that's why they use them as police dogs because they are smart, protective, and loyal. They will without any hesitation die for there owner. I just put him in proper training so that he knows when to be overly protective and not just too aggressive. Whoever the individual was that posted are you going to fight your dog? People like that make me sick! I cannot stand people that mistreat animals! Ugggggg!
The Following User Says Thank You to dandm4life For This Useful Post:
slimlady1937 (03-19-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Glad its over!

Ive been raised around pits my entire life. An i own one nw. Its all n hw raise them! U can make any dog mean. I believe u can jugde them by their personality when their puppies. If them seem really aggressive them im gna say dnt go for that one. My pits is so sweet all she dus is lay around shes 2. Ive ownd about every kind of dog an a pit is the best by far!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using PrisonTalk <3 baby its u& me against the world <3
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM

I got 3 month blue doberman name Keno James, a mini schanuzer (?) Chico,, 3 cats George Mikey & Crazy,, 2 turtles Damien & Deliah,, and 5 aquariums,,, yeah,, I gotta zoo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120402_205139.jpg (16.2 KB, 14 views)

There is only one man who has ever made me feel as loved as Zachary has,,,that man was my father, for now that he has come into my life and Daddy's gone,,, I am no longer Daddy's Little Girl, I am his WOMAN.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Thanked 1,007 Times in 254 Posts

We have 2 shih tzu puppies, 1 German Shepard mix, & a old pit.

DeeDee California
Old 04-03-2012, 02:17 PM

I owned two pits for 11 years but within 6 months of each other they had to be put down due to cancer. So i adopted a rescue pit last year and just now bought a blue pit puppy. I love pits and think they are a wonderful breed. They do have to know that you are the pack leader though !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to qpwings For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-13-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InmateLover67 View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS? Please, say you are trolling to get attention. NO dog deserves to be trained to fight, period.

Sickening!!!
x2

We have pits & jack russels. Funny thing about pits is they are generally SO interested in people and having fun. When we've been "visited" by police its always our jack who tries to attack. Our pits are so friendly, even to police. LOVE love love pitbulls. Spay/neuter, hugs and kisses, exercise, good food - that's all they need.
The Following User Says Thank You to lilysmom For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-13-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Missing MY SUNSHINE!

Default Pitts are GREAT DOGS!

We have a Pitt as well .... 13 months his name is "CHOICE" and he is the best dog ever. Loves kids and other pets. If you train him well... you will not have any issues. They are so smart and so lovable. If you can... try to make him socialize with other dogs... we go to the dog park daily and he loves it. They have a lot of energy and need a lot of exercise. Enjoy ur new puppy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg choice1.jpg (57.8 KB, 12 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Seven28 For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-13-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM

I have two cats named Henry and Trüffel.....in english truffles.
And I have a 4months old puppy, a black-grey wild mix. His mother is a golden retriever/lab-mix, his father is a giant poodle. He is the sweetest thing ever.

It is not that life gets more easy, but much more that we get more strong.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
will always be his girl

i have had the best experience wit pitbulls. i have a blue nose named kayous, a boxer/pit mix named precious ( we found her in a garbage bag on the street ) and our bullie ( english bull dog, king pit, bull mastif mix ) named rascal. my honeys aunt breed that bred and gave him to my honey cuz she was dieing of cancer. we also have a cat 8 snakes, 1 sacata tortuise, 2 turtles, 2 crested geckos, a chinchilla, 4 pheasants, 2 bass fish, 1 cat fish, and a parakett. i have a mini zoo. lol. i do agree wit everyone else that it is all about how you raise your animals, any dog can be a mean dog. all my dogs are very kind and loving and will lick you to death. pits are very loving dogs and will love you till the day they die.. have fun with your puppy..

It'S oUr TiMe To ShInE
The Following User Says Thank You to serenothompson For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-24-2012)
Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 AM

Thanked 1,420 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlady1937 View Post
I'm so in love with this puppy. He's 3 months old. My sister's Bf got it for me. I used to be soooo afraid of pit bulls when i was a kid, still am. He's so cute, but all puppies are cute when they are puppies, just a little bit afraid about what happens when he grows up. I named him Dexter since he's my favorite movie character and he kills bad people lol. So if you own a pitbull let me know how it is to be an owner of pitbull.
It is soo much fun! He has tons of energy, we love to run around outside together and he is so sweet and loving. His tail wags so hard he walks sideways and he loves to run around people in circles with a toy in his mouth. If you raise yours with lots of love and attention he shouldnt be a problem when he gets older.

hes been home since 12/29/09
&
off probation since 5/28/13
Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 PM

I do a ton of work w dogs. I have a pit & 2 cane corsos w/ another corso coming next month. I do conformation shows w the akc & i work my dogs in police & protection training w the state police dog trainer. I have always loved pits but I strongly recommend that u get to a good training facility straight away. I'm not saying that ur bound to have a hard headed pit but the fact is that they need early socialization. Go somewhere that has puppy group classes & let him go to puppy daycare. Unlike the stereotype says, pits are actually very predictable to people who know dogs & dog behavior. Most pits aren't purebred but if u have a real apbt they love love love people! They make for terrible guard dogs! Lol! BUT! They don't always get along w other dogs & it's normal for them. It's in their genes. But it doesn't have to define them. Early socialization will stop them from developing that tendency. My Corsos on the other hand are very suspicious of strangers but don't really care about other dogs being around. My pit will jump all over a stranger & give them kisses! My corsos will sit on my foot & stare them down! Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to kielesmom For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (04-24-2012)
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM

I have 2 cats: Bella and Puffles then I got my big boy Gizhaadin we call him Giz but he is a 2 1/2 year old Saint Bernard

image-679693988.jpg
Old 04-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

I want a Pomeranian. He wants a mastiff and a Doberman pincher lol. Competition.....
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM

Along with A LOT of other pets,,, I have w 4 month old,,65lb,, Doberman that THINK he's a lap dog.. He's always under foot,, right there with me, but he don't like to ride in my truck tho... LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120424_195122.jpg (26.0 KB, 13 views)

There is only one man who has ever made me feel as loved as Zachary has,,,that man was my father, for now that he has come into my life and Daddy's gone,,, I am no longer Daddy's Little Girl, I am his WOMAN.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:16 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,669 Times in 1,090 Posts

I love pitbulls I'm a dog person so I'm biased LOL I have a german shepherd
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 AM

i have a tea cup yorkie named lou lou. she is my life! i believe she is my daughter, my mom treats her like a grand child. my boo is her daddy. she is so darling. just two years old. i spoil her rotten but she is a very good dog. love love love her! sometimes my boo would tell me i love her more than him. ha! it was because i would come home from work and ask her how her day was before i would ask my boos. hehe i can't help it.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsears1
i have a tea cup yorkie named lou lou. she is my life! i believe she is my daughter, my mom treats her like a grand child. my boo is her daddy. she is so darling. just two years old. i spoil her rotten but she is a very good dog. love love love her! sometimes my boo would tell me i love her more than him. ha! it was because i would come home from work and ask her how her day was before i would ask my boos. hehe i can't help it.
You sound like me with my dog .. He visited grandma & great grandma the other day.. He gets so excited its so funny! He's pretty smart best gift my husband bought me for sure! We already have a disagreement if he will sleep in bed, I told him its not an option he belongs in the comfy bed with mommy! My husband said fine when I get a dog it's sleeping in bed too! Lol

Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 AM

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,759 Times in 633 Posts

I have been blessed to have two full pitts in my family and one mixed pitt. Makayla, my first one passed due to old age. My second one, Bubba, was adopted by the officer who arrested me. The officer fell in love with him and sent pictures every now then while I was locked up. I occasionally see my beautiful boy riding around in the truck when his daddy is off of work and have had the pleasure of being able to pet him and see how good he is doing. He is now 5 years old and thinks he is human. My third baby, passed away not quite three weeks ago. Even though he had been completely vaccinated, he succumbed to parvo. On that note, please make sure your baby is vaccinated. Pittbulls, Rotts, and Dobs, are known to have a weaker immune system so they have to have their vaccinations. Although Sam's passing broke my heart, I am comforted by the knowledge that what happened to him was a one in a million oddity.

I will eventually get another pitt, but I think I will be adopting like I did with Bubba and Makayla, I just do not have the heart to go through the puppy stage again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 051 - Copy.jpg (283.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0822.jpg (124.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Pita n big sam 542012.jpg (176.3 KB, 17 views)

Waiting, I have been in perpetual waiting. At the end of the waiting, my family will be reunited and complete. Until then, I will keep waiting, praying, and loving each one with patience and strength. I love you all, I miss you all....until that day comes.
The Following User Says Thank You to OffenderNoMore For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (06-01-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 AM

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,759 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kielesmom View Post
I do a ton of work w dogs. I have a pit & 2 cane corsos w/ another corso coming next month. I do conformation shows w the akc & i work my dogs in police & protection training w the state police dog trainer. I have always loved pits but I strongly recommend that u get to a good training facility straight away. I'm not saying that ur bound to have a hard headed pit but the fact is that they need early socialization. Go somewhere that has puppy group classes & let him go to puppy daycare. Unlike the stereotype says, pits are actually very predictable to people who know dogs & dog behavior. Most pits aren't purebred but if u have a real apbt they love love love people! They make for terrible guard dogs! Lol! BUT! They don't always get along w other dogs & it's normal for them. It's in their genes. But it doesn't have to define them. Early socialization will stop them from developing that tendency. My Corsos on the other hand are very suspicious of strangers but don't really care about other dogs being around. My pit will jump all over a stranger & give them kisses! My corsos will sit on my foot & stare them down! Lol
How very accurate....most are not purebred. The wonderful thing about them is that they are truly human orientated and if socialized they are wonderful. In all honesty, I never had any human or dog socialization problems with the ones I have been blessed with, although I did have one that could not stand cats and so on that end, I had to be extremely careful about people we visited.

Waiting, I have been in perpetual waiting. At the end of the waiting, my family will be reunited and complete. Until then, I will keep waiting, praying, and loving each one with patience and strength. I love you all, I miss you all....until that day comes.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 PM
True Love Waits

I have a 2 1/2 yr old pittie named capone he is my very best friend! My sweet little baby. My husband have him to me for my birthday. Best gift ever! He is the sweetest, most loving, smartest and silliest dog that I have ever met. He knows when I am sad or stressed and will try to make me smile and give me kisses my sister was murdered in january and capone never left my side. He comforted me and cried with me too. He is right by my side as I type this....... Like I said he is my very best friend
The Following User Says Thank You to happywithhim For This Useful Post:
OffenderNoMore (06-07-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Thanked 1,420 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by happywithhim View Post
I have a 2 1/2 yr old pittie named capone he is my very best friend! My sweet little baby. My husband have him to me for my birthday. Best gift ever! He is the sweetest, most loving, smartest and silliest dog that I have ever met. He knows when I am sad or stressed and will try to make me smile and give me kisses my sister was murdered in january and capone never left my side. He comforted me and cried with me too. He is right by my side as I type this....... Like I said he is my very best friend
He is adorable

hes been home since 12/29/09
&
off probation since 5/28/13
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsCetina For This Useful Post:
happywithhim (06-02-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 12:21 AM

Y'all are going to think I am crazy, but I have 2 pittbull puppies, 6 fish, a snake, a gecko, and a kitten
Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 PM

Thanked 1,007 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeortiz
We have 2 shih tzu puppies, 1 German Shepard mix, & a old pit.
We just got a German Shepard puppy 2 weeks ago.

image-2653538212.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3865623758.jpg (249.3 KB, 18 views)

DeeDee California
Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 PM
missing my Johnny

3 dogs (rescued from the pound)
4 fish
2 western box turtles
1 parakeet
Old 07-22-2012, 11:52 PM

My baby a little shy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mybaby.jpg (9.5 KB, 5 views)