Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 AM
missing him

Ive done my 90 days. In this type of relationship you know its more than just sex. When he walk out them gate we be goin to a close by hotel for three days straight makin up

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 AM
missing him

I'm gonna have to go see this movie

Old 04-26-2012, 01:45 AM

If u want some UNDERSTANDING read the book,,, if u want to LAUGH,,, see the movie.. Some of the more important points get lost in the comedy of it all.

There is only one man who has ever made me feel as loved as Zachary has,,,that man was my father, for now that he has come into my life and Daddy's gone,,, I am no longer Daddy's Little Girl, I am his WOMAN.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Tazzie For This Useful Post:
pisces317 (04-28-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Donation Award 

NOOOOOO WAAAAYYYY...I'll have waited over two years for him, that's like 700 days...the 90 day rule most certainly does not apply!!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM

I think it most def apply here (MWI) because,, we are ULTIMATELY listening,, praying,, and trusting that the words that are coming out our LO's mouth are true.
Waiting to present our *gift* would be for the man who is the person he presented himself to be instead of the representative. The representative is usually the one we meet first until the true person appears and they ALWAYS do.
But I TOTALLY get it,, we are sexually fustrated too,, but would having sex with him make you more or less angry if you found out her was ULTIMATELY an imposter.
They come out fine,,, a month or two later,,, a WHOLE DIFFERENT PERSON APPEARS.. what's up with that???

There is only one man who has ever made me feel as loved as Zachary has,,,that man was my father, for now that he has come into my life and Daddy's gone,,, I am no longer Daddy's Little Girl, I am his WOMAN.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tazzie For This Useful Post:
Olderthanmost (04-27-2012), pisces317 (04-28-2012), prettywings773 (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Y'all have entertained me with the 90 day rule! Sounds like it might turn into a 90 second rule in some cases! I want to read the book and see the movie! When it's my turn, I will know if it should be 90 days, 90 minutes or (ahem!) 90 seconds!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 PM
~One Step Closer~ 5/8/12

We followed the 90 day rule until we got married & had our first conjugal visit...lol

Wait 90 days after he comes home...I think he'd laugh in my face & be like "woman you are my WIFE" I'm gonna agree with the 90-minute rule once he comes home (although it'll be a little bit longer than that...*sigh*)
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *EM-n-FM* View Post
I've waited long enough lol ....that rule is going out the door when baby comes home
Agreed! You are well past the 90 days.

I think it depends on the couple, my ex and I waited 0 days and we were together over 10 years
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM
HIS WONDER WOMAN

I'm gonna do the 90 step rule! The 90 steps it will take him to walk out that facility to the car!!! Lmaooo. Nearest hotel, here we come. Literally. Ha.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet_Tee For This Useful Post:
SolaceSoul (05-09-2012)
Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreens_wifey79 View Post
Ive done my 90 days. In this type of relationship you know its more than just sex. When he walk out them gate we be goin to a close by hotel for three days straight makin up
umm it technically really is about sex. I mean me and my BF aren't MWI we have a child together and we will be going from the jail to the hotel and truthfully it has nothing to do with how much I love him or miss him. It has nothing to do about intimacy and it has everything to do about me and him being very sexually frustrated and I can't wait to release. The thing is if it isn't about sex then it could wait right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prettywings773 For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-22-2012), negretelove (04-29-2012), pisces317 (04-28-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary's Woman View Post
I read the book, "Think like a man", but have not yet seen the movie,, but there is a 90 day rule that says don't give up the "cookies" before 90 days to see if what you two have is more than just sexual tensions,, and I was wondering if you ladies thought that apply more,,less or not at all to MWI Relationships???
I think Poppi would laugh in my face if I PROPOSED a 90 day hiatus...
What Yall think???
Steve Harvey? Come on. Anyone who would actually take relationshp advice from a 50-something year old comedian who has been married 3 times and divorced twice, and who until recently wore a rug on his head.... well, let's just say they deserve exactly what they get.

Take advice from people who are a success in the area in which you seek advice. Steve Harvey is successful at making money telling jokes. He is a failure -- or at best, just not a success == at relationships.
The Following User Says Thank You to SolaceSoul For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-22-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 02:30 PM

He may be a comedian,,, but some of the things he said makes sense.. like FORD motors wait 90 days before they give their "BENEFIT" package away, why shouldn't we??? Or not to be a "chirp-chirp" girl,, meaning as soon as he chirp chirp the doors to the car,, you jump in without letting him open the door for you..
I get he's a comedian,, but some of the things just make sense.. you can learn something from EVERYBODY...

The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Tazzie For This Useful Post:
prettywings773 (05-08-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
He may be a comedian,,, but some of the things he said makes sense..
Well, as the saying goes.... even a stopped clock is right twice a day!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 PM
HIS WONDER WOMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaceSoul

Well, as the saying goes.... even a stopped clock is right twice a day!
Lmaooo! That's a good one.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Question Would conjugal visits help or harm us?

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing prettywings,, and in my heart I KNOW waiting and "Courting" would be the right thing to do. I sex most definitely complicates things..

I think MWI relationships are different because we (obviously) did not know our mate on the streets,, up close and personal,, before we "fell in love" and we romanticize our relationship to be that "forever and ever amen" one. Then they come home,, the truth showed up and we are left with broken hearts and shattered spirits.

Maybe the 90 day rule would help weed out the the ones that are NOT the ONE...

I'm just thinkin about all kinds of stuff,, like I said,, Poppi would probably laugh at me if I even proposed it seeing as though he's been down like 20 years...
Read the book, haven't seen the movie. The book had a profound impact on me and even the way I relate to my MWI. We have been "seeing" each other for close to 2 years now. As most have said, the 90-day rule has been imposed due to our circumstances, however, we have regular visits and there is now the possibility of having conjugals. Since I really agree with the 90-day rule - how should I play this? I too am concerned that we are great now but when he comes home and reality kicks in what then? Would waiting, delaying these conjugal visits help or harm us? Help!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
HIS WONDER WOMAN

This is just MY opinion:

For everyone that the book and movie has helped, good for you all. As for me, I am tired of every Tom, Dick and Jane claiming to know the truth when in fact, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Everyone wants to be an Ologist of some sort nowadays. From Luvologist to Sexologist. Right now I wanna be a Truthologist and say, if what you been doing ain't working, do something else. If ALL the men you've chosen have sh*t on you, even though you're a good woman, STOP CHOOSING THOSE TYPE OF MEN. We teach people how to treat us. Respect isn't a timeframe. 90 minutes or 90 days, if someone is gonna dog you, they will do it regardless. I have a friend that had sex on the 1st date, they have been happily married for 6 years. I went out with a dude for 5 and a half months before we had sex and didn't know he was f*cking other chicks the whole time before, during and after we did it. So with that being said, it all depends on the individuals. *drops Mic*

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet_Tee For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-22-2012), SolaceSoul (05-08-2012), tee.dot.q (05-08-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Drops the Mic,,, that was cute...

AnyWho,, P's Woman, 1st off,, how the hell Yall get conjuncals??? What state u in??? I don't have an answer for you cause I don't wanna be labeled an ologist,,, but the man who refuses to give you time to investigate whether he's worthy of intimacy with you is not your man.. too many women treat sex as if its nothing special so guess what,, neither will he.. but if he think he can jump in and get it anytime,, any place,, without meeting your standards and requirements,,, what will he soon think of you??? But if you treat it as if your intimacy is special he will realize he can't just run up in there and get it like he probably can everywhere else because ur more than a hit-it-and-quit-it kind of girl... Again,, I'm no Ologist, just old fashion I guess...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tazzie For This Useful Post:
prettywings773 (05-08-2012), Zenone (05-22-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 PM

wtf is a sportfish?
MrsCetina (05-22-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM

Sport fishing is when a man dates a woman knowing that he has no intentions of making any long term commitments with her,, she's a Sport Fish...

Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 PM

well steve is not the only one who says that we should wait. The thing is there are always exceptions to any rule ie the person who has sex on the first date and is happily married, how ever thats not going to be the norm for most people who have sex on the first date. now and let me say this, when it comes to a woman jumping in bed with a man on the first date or the first time she has met him, and i am not necessarily referencing mwi but in the outside world, a man will always have in the back of his mind that if she gave it up to me this quickly she must give it up like that just as quickly to other men. This is a question that In have posed to different men and more often than not that was their thinking. Sex complicates things and if we wait to get to know who we are dealing with then maybe we can prevent a lot of heartache. I am a true believer in soul ties.

Last edited by prettywings773; 05-08-2012 at 09:08 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to prettywings773 For This Useful Post:
Zenone (05-22-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 PM
HIS WONDER WOMAN

This could go on forever. Lol. Boils down to do what works for you. That's all anyone can do. Does anyone know how to unsubscribe to a thread? It's not showing on the app. Do I have to go to the web?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 PM

IM moderator...

Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 PM
HIS WONDER WOMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary's Woman
IM moderator...
Thank you....

Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 PM

I have this feeling that because it's been so built up over the past 4 years (almost 5 when he's released) that it will end up being clumsy and awkward, and we will end up laughing about it. I may mention the 90 days tomorrow and see how he reacts. haha
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 PM

I believe it will be as natural as breathing for you...