Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Capital Punishment Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Capital Punishment Talk General discussion that does not fit anywhere else.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM

Default Questions about relationships and people on Death Row

Hi this isn't my home forum, but I was just wandering through the other forums here on PTO and I found this one. My LO is serving a 36 month sentence for an SO offense and I know what its like to be asked how I can love an SO and stand behind him. I assume all of you know how it feels to be asked these kinds of questions. My question is did you meet your significant other before they went it or after? Are they different since they've been in? What keeps you holding on? May I say this is not a judgement question I genuinely feel for each and everyone of you. I can't imagine what you are going through and I'm just trying to understand different circumstances. I know what its like when people aren't open to seeing your side. May God Bless all of you and your LO's.
The Following User Says Thank You to StevieFay For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (04-27-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 AM
English Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,423 Times in 6,703 Posts

Hi and welcome to the CP forum. You are right it can be hard when people judge you because of your loved ones crime. I have penpals on the row as well as my guy. We met as penpals and although his and my penpals crimes horrify me I have always judged people on the person they are not on what they did in their past.
Yes they are different, I am not the same person I was when I was 18 and neither are they. And what keeps me holding on is the love, friendship and mutual respect we have for each other. I know that there is very strong possibility that one day I will lose them to the state but I feel my life is better for knowing them.
Thank you for being so open minded and asking questions. Feel free to ask anytime

Last edited by lisainengland; 04-27-2012 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: I cant spell !!
The Following User Says Thank You to lisainengland For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (04-27-2012)
Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 AM

I saw Lisa that you live in England? So does your LO reside in the US? Do you get to visit often? My LO is serving his time exactly 1035 miles away from me. It sucks I have yet to be approved to see him. I have another question, is there CP in the federal system or just in state cases? Also what are your views on the death penalty? Is everyone completely against it or in certain cases? I ask because I have learned a lot in my forum about SO punishments and a person downloading CP receives a harsher sentence in some states than someone with a contact offense. I think that is so screwed up and I can openly say I think some state governments are a** backwards.. Because of this I'm curious to learn about other sides of our spectrum. What others views are on things. Also I'm starting school because of all of this in the fall to study for my paralegal degree with an emphasis on criminal defense.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 PM
English Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,423 Times in 6,703 Posts

Yes I am in England and he is in the US. I havent been to visit yet, sadly everytime we try to plan a visit something gets in the way

My views on the death penalty are definitely against, we dont have the DP in the UK and I will never understand how murdering somebody that comitted murder can teach us anything. To me it simply creates more pain and suffering.
Yes there is CP in Federal, you can find out more facts etc at the DPIC I hope this helps a little and congrats on starting school in the fall

The Following User Says Thank You to lisainengland For This Useful Post:
Unbroken Spirit (04-28-2012)