Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:25 PM
qbic696

Default Can they have a car/cell phone while at a Halfway house?

Can someone tell me if they are allowed to take their car to the halfway house. Can they have a cell phone? I say No to both. My co-workers boyfriend was in one South Carolina and he was not allowed either.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 01:56 PM

As far as I understand, when they're in a HWH, they're still on the prisons count and they're not allowed cars, cell phones, etc. until they get out on parole and are no longer at the HWH.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:06 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,595 Times in 10,449 Posts

I have moved your thread here to the Probation, Parole, and Supervision forum as it is a better fit for this dicussion. This way members with like experiences can share them with you. Best of luck.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM

Default unlawful evasion failure to return

I am looking for some advice. I am in alaska. I was recently in halfway house on furlough status. I had 36 days left on drug possesion charge mics 4. Upon release I would have been through flat time no probation. My problem is I signed out of center on sunday evening. ran over time called center wanting to remand back to center. Was told charges have been filed unlawful evasion failure to return which is a class c felony. I was told to remand at anchorage jail immediately. I would have but knowing severity of the charge and what resources I have soon as I remand 24hr lockdown no phones etc. I have been trying to retain lawyer before I turn myself in and I am so anxiety filled thinking of 2 yr charge seems so severe when all i did waS SIGN OUT OF CENTER TO GO TO SUNDAY CHURCH SERVICE. I AM JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH A DEFENSE I JUST DONT SEEM TO SEE A ESCAPE CHARGE BEING FEASIBLE WHY WOULD I ESCAPE WITH 37 DAYS LEFT I WAS JUST SCARED TO GO AFTER HEARING I WAS BEING CHARGED WITH UNLAWFUL EVASION . CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE OR TELL ME IF A CONVICTION OF THIS FELONY IS LIKELY. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED . I GUEES I HAVENT TURNED MYSELF IN SINCE I KNOW AS SOON AS I DO THIS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOVE MY WIFE AND HUG MY KIDS I JUST FINISHED A 2 YR SENTENCE FLAT TIME. HELP ME IF YOU CAN
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 9,221 Times in 5,654 Posts

My only thought is if you don't turn yourself in like they told you to do, it will hurt your chances to beat the case even more. I hope everything turns out well for you, but I certainly can't advise you what to do, that's up to you to decide.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Donation Award 

Bering - I agree with fbop - I don't think being on the run ever ends well.

Qbic - At my husband's HWH, plain - no frills - cellphones were allowed. And you were allowed to have a car if you were working.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Living day by day!

Well my boo is in a hwh and he could have any electronics, I don't know about having a car.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 PM

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 9,221 Times in 5,654 Posts

In the HWH I was in, if you needed a car, laptop or cellphone for work, they were allowed. We had to turn in the electronics when we were in the HWH, and we weren't allowed to leave without a pass, so I'm pretty sure the guys with cars could drive them when they were allowed out. Each federal HWH has it's own rules, but many of them are demanded by the bop.