Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Dieting & Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 AM

Default Pregnant ladies or those who've been pregnant???

Before my boyfriend turned himself in, we've been trying for the last month and a half to get pregnant. I was on birth control before, but I have definitely noticed some changes with my body over the month.

When we first tried it was on a day I was suppose to be ovulating, which was April 11th. I wasn't suppose to start my period until the 24th, but I ended up having some very light bleeding on the 17th that lasted about 2 days. I don't know if that was implantation bleeding or an early period or what. Lately I wake up with my lower back hurting before I use the bathroom in the mornings, and I'm WAY more hungry than usual.

Last night we tried again, but it was a little uncomfortable. When we finished I felt a really tight-strong pulling/tug from my lower abdomen to about my belly button, and about 1 hr later I got a warm, nauseous, and had heart burn. I went outside just in case I got sick.

This morning I work up at 4 to say goodbye to my boyfriend and his mom so he could turn himself in...I was already extremely hungry, like I couldn't go back to sleep because I was that hungry! I just needed to know if any of this sounds familiar. If any of you ladies have friends, family, or actually experienced some of these things please let me know!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Donation Award 

I have been pregnant six times in my life, gave birth four times. Yeah, I have felt some of what you are talking about.

The first thing I want to suggest before I say anything else is take a deep breath and center yourself in calmness. You have just went through something very traumatic to the body. One, you and he decided you would like to try and get pregnant. Two, you stopped taking birth control (which will take a minute for your body to adjust and may cause discomfort). Three, you have been knowing your man was gonna be locked up which I know must have been stressful (again, your body is feeling the effects of this as well). Give your mind and body a chance to deal with what is going on, if for no other reason than you want to use that body to nurture life, you need to be healthy in mind body and spirit to do that.

One thing I kept thinking about while reading your post was the time I was desperate to become pregnant with my second child. I didn't want my babies spaced too far apart so I knew every detail of when and how to get pregnant - ovulation, body temperature, sexual positioning, etc. etc. - but I obsessed too much and therefore caused too much strain on my body and God couldn't have a child being nurtured into life in that condition, and I lost the resulting pregnancy. I say this not to put more stress on you, but to point out the importance of being calm in mind, body and spirit.

The feeling hungry, having some spotting, cramping, and even feeling like you need to use the bathroom more than normal can be early signs of pregnancy. The only way to know for sure is the take the test. But there will be about two weeks before the test should be taken. My hope is that you can take that time to prepare your heart, mind, body, and spirit for what may be getting ready to happen. Try to pray, meditate, relax, channel, whatever it is that you use to gain peace. The baby that you want to bring into the world will benefit from that, and so will mommy. And we all know, if Mamma aint happy, nobody happy!

Good luck with everything!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 AM

Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,617 Posts

Before I had my son I'd often experience all kinds of symptoms. None were it. Then when I did get pregnant I was telling someone how I'd been having to use the restroom all darn day, yet I didn't drink anything much. My friends said test and I did. I was quite surprised. At least it explained why a few days before, at the grocery store, I got to the register and had blueberry milk, yogurt, ice cream, jelly, bagels. The check out woman teased me about it but I hadnt noticed until I went to check out. I'd been craving them. Good luck. I've heard that stopping birth control means it can take longer because your boy has to self regulate again.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Faithfully Waiting

I'm seven months here! Lol this is my second pregnancy. It may be your feeling that way because your prego (: I'd wait a little while and get an at home test and see. Symptoms can vary from woman to woman but i hope you get what you want!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlynch View Post
I have been pregnant six times in my life, gave birth four times. Yeah, I have felt some of what you are talking about.

The first thing I want to suggest before I say anything else is take a deep breath and center yourself in calmness. You have just went through something very traumatic to the body. One, you and he decided you would like to try and get pregnant. Two, you stopped taking birth control (which will take a minute for your body to adjust and may cause discomfort). Three, you have been knowing your man was gonna be locked up which I know must have been stressful (again, your body is feeling the effects of this as well). Give your mind and body a chance to deal with what is going on, if for no other reason than you want to use that body to nurture life, you need to be healthy in mind body and spirit to do that.

One thing I kept thinking about while reading your post was the time I was desperate to become pregnant with my second child. I didn't want my babies spaced too far apart so I knew every detail of when and how to get pregnant - ovulation, body temperature, sexual positioning, etc. etc. - but I obsessed too much and therefore caused too much strain on my body and God couldn't have a child being nurtured into life in that condition, and I lost the resulting pregnancy. I say this not to put more stress on you, but to point out the importance of being calm in mind, body and spirit.

The feeling hungry, having some spotting, cramping, and even feeling like you need to use the bathroom more than normal can be early signs of pregnancy. The only way to know for sure is the take the test. But there will be about two weeks before the test should be taken. My hope is that you can take that time to prepare your heart, mind, body, and spirit for what may be getting ready to happen. Try to pray, meditate, relax, channel, whatever it is that you use to gain peace. The baby that you want to bring into the world will benefit from that, and so will mommy. And we all know, if Mamma aint happy, nobody happy!

Thanks you I've definitely been trying to stay calm and keep my stress levels as low as possible. Obviously, this would be a lot easier if my boyfriend didn't turn himself in earlier this morning. He'd been asking me almost every day if I knew yet, and I couldn't help but smile at him. I'm positive we'd make great parents! I've taken up yoga again and I go on walks to try and work off my pent up energy and nerves, I just try to do a lot of things to de-stress. I should be able to test in the next 7-10 days and get accurate results.

I couldn't imagine a better time with Mother's day right around the corner! He started talking about trying for a baby back in December, but I was trying to time it out to where I'd be pretty much done school! I do NOT want to be waddling around about to bust in the middle of another spring semester haha.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlynch

Thid is such great advice. I've read in a lot of my textbooks that the higher your stress abouth getting pregnant, the lower your chances of getting pregnant and/or carrying the baby at all after conception. So she is right. Be careful. I had that tugging feeling and a lot of nausea. When I got my first ultrasound (at 6 weeks when I found out we were pregnant) they said I had a tear in my lining and to rest or else I'd miscarry. So when I read the tugging thing and the discomfort during.intercourse...that's what it made me think of. But if the other ladies experienced the same thing then it might not be that at all? I pray that you guys receive the blessing you are hoping for. I would suggest getting prenatal vitamins from the store (you can get them at wWalmart etc) and start taking them. If you are pregnant....its good for your baby. If you aren't, it will prepare your uterus better to hopefully get pregnant. Keep us updated!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 AM

Sorry just read that he turned himself in. I would still get prenatals adlmd cut down in coffee and dark sodas (been linked to defects in embryonic development) don't have to cut them out, but.if you are pregnant you want to make the happiest environment you can
Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM

Off to run some errands and get prenatal vitamins NOW. I've heard a lot about folic acid in classes, I'm a biomedical science major. I guess I got so caught up in everything that is totally skipped my mind! I'll keep you ladies updated
Old 05-04-2012, 10:13 AM
mrs.padilla

I've been pregnant 5 times and delivered 3. Everytime I would get that hungry feeling that you describe. I swear I'd be dead asleep but would wake up to this extreme hunger as if I hadn't ate in weeks lol. Good luck and keep us updated.

the padilla's
Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Everytime he breathe on my neck I was pregnant (6). Sometime you could want something so bad you make it happen. Like wanting a baby so you start getting all the symptoms. Just be careful and pray thal all will turn out ok.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM

I'm 8 mnths pregnant. First baby. Just take a test as soon as you can! And my advice would be, pee in a cup and then dip the stupid test in there. My first test I didn't pee on it long enough and it was unclear. But good luck
Old 05-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Just got a really early period, hasn't even been 3 weeks. I'm going to wait it out and see if it's just spotting or what, I'm so confused...

Last edited by Zuweee; 05-06-2012 at 02:18 PM..