Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 AM

Default MWI Relationship over? before its even started!

soo id been writing to this guy for way over a year! he's on the row in the dreaded texas!..6weeks ago i get a letter in it he basically tells me he loves me etc etc! soo of course i reply asking him "are u saying u want us to be more than friends" kinda thing!.....Sent the reply the very same day...im in the uk so it takes 4-5 days to get to him!...like i say that was 6weeks ago, since then ive put some money on his books n sent a couple of jpays but ive heard nothing!!...talk about confused!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 AM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,649 Times in 1,079 Posts

There could be many reasons why ... The prison could be on lockdown preventing mail being distributed, he may not be receiving mail, there's endless possibilities. Hopefully you get a response soon
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Maurice's Queen

yes there can be all kinds of reasons why u haven't heard anything...mail is sloow plus sumtimes it gets even slower once it gets into their mailroom...I've had letters take over a week to get to mines...lockdowns...etc....so unfortunately in this life u have to accept and be prepared for time delays sumtimes loong delays that don't even make sense in our world.....nothing worse than sending a letter or an email and find out in the next day or two that it was beyond their control cuz u can't get ur words back.......

But I would like to suggest to you not to send any more money...hold up and wait for a response now...You've been more than generous and sweet to put money on his books so now its time for you to sit back and see how appreciative and if you feel like its from his heart...He hasn't even responded to you yet about ur question to him and you know he's got money for stamps and writing material.... I think you've done plenty..now sit back and wait... no need to hurry
~~They say if you love something, you've got to let it go. And if it comes back, then it means so much more. But if it never does, at least you will know,That it was something you had to go through to grow.~~
Old 05-09-2012, 02:18 AM

thanks ladies! oh i dnt intend on giving anything more! im just confused as hell!...why say that then nothing!!....i knw they aint on lockdown...he has money for stamps etc........oh i dunno im starting to wonder if im bein played!...altho he's never asked anything of me! damn talk about being confused!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Maurice's Queen

awww I can tell u don't know what to think and I know u said u've been doin this for over a year but just relax and wait ..don't overthink it or put all kinds of things in ur head... There are alot of men that use women on the other side of the walls and there are good men too...just like on our side of the wall.. You've extended urself now just let it play out...and if things don't sit right in ur heart and in ur head than pull back..either completely or just stay as letter writing pen pals....never give ur hard earned money that you could use yourself to a man that ur not thinking is bein 100% real with you...ever....if he really truly cares bout you he'll stick around even if you don't have any money to put on his books...trust me...
~~They say if you love something, you've got to let it go. And if it comes back, then it means so much more. But if it never does, at least you will know,That it was something you had to go through to grow.~~
Old 05-09-2012, 02:45 AM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,350 Times in 10,384 Posts

Did he ask you to send the money (directly or indirectly)? Was it a significant amount of money? I do not need to know the answers to those questions, I simply put them out there as something for you to consider. I have to say that if you've not been sending money all along and you've been communicating for over a year it seems odd that he'd put that kind of work in for a couple of bucks a year later. You say they are not on lockdown and he has supplies so technically he should be writing. Are you certain you are not overlooking something he has told you along the way?

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

The Following User Says Thank You to Patty For This Useful Post:
RuthieBee (05-09-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 AM

no he's never asked for money infact i get a row when i put it on his books i dnt do it often just have i have a bit to spare its just $10/$20 when i can xx
Old 05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Where's my mail ! lol

Do you guys talk on the phone? I hope you get a response soon. I would be very confused if my babe did that too me. Hope it works out!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 AM

no we dont its all letter communication its drivin me damn crazy! thanks for ur kind words tho ladies! i just wish i knew what to think xx
Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
forever his

Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,199 Posts

you could call the prison and see if his housing has changed that may have delayed mail?!?!?!

Property of Negrete!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to negretelove For This Useful Post:
Patty (05-09-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 05:50 AM

Update! i got mail! 16pages!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hisqueen12 For This Useful Post:
CLeigh (05-23-2012), negretelove (05-23-2012), Sheryl P. (05-23-2012)