Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Default Intro--blessing7990 from Massachusetts

hello, this is my first time posting it feels so good to talk to people who have been there, my 2 daughters were locked up aug 2012 they are in another state. one is a repeat offender my youngest this is her first time. i've been trying to hang in there but it gets really hard at times they haven't even been to trial yet. i don't know what to do. i've been writing to them alot with hope and encouragement. im just getting weary. i can't afford lawyers and the public defenders seem to be doing nothing. i guest i just wanted to vent a little
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Cheesin' :D
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO! Hate that you had to find us under these circumstances, but glad you found us for support!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
PTO Research Assistant

RA Training 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,364 Times in 5,101 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Not knowing what is going to happen is one of the hardest parts of having family members locked up. As the case progresses, your daughter's lawyer (s) should be able to get a pretty good idea of what they are facing. It's hard to be patient, but be strong and take care of yourself. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessing7990 View Post
hello, this is my first time posting it feels so good to talk to people who have been there, my 2 daughters were locked up aug 2012 they are in another state. one is a repeat offender my youngest this is her first time. i've been trying to hang in there but it gets really hard at times they haven't even been to trial yet. i don't know what to do. i've been writing to them alot with hope and encouragement. im just getting weary. i can't afford lawyers and the public defenders seem to be doing nothing. i guest i just wanted to vent a little
I will be real with you, this is going to rip your heart out. A child in the system is like nothing else. But you'll be alright. I will tell you read up and keep yourself informed. Call the lawyer and let him/her know you want to know what's going on and want to be kept informed. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Be persistent if you can!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 PM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,625 Times in 1,558 Posts

Hi there, welcome to PTO. Glad to have you join us. Sorry to hear about your daughters. I know the are glad to have your support through this. I am a mom myself; there is nothing like a mother's love. You are among people here who know what you are going through. That's one of the wonderful things about this community. We all come here to vent and share our frustrations. HERE is the Parents with Children in Prison Forum. (lots of wonderful supportive parents there!)