Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Weddings
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Weddings Everything about prison weddings - notices, stories, what to expect!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:33 AM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Tee

OMG!!!! That is f*cked up! They moved him before your wedding?! Oh hell to the capital NO!!! I pray that doesn't happen to me. I am so sorry for you guys. How long do you have to wait now?
I'm not sure. He was moved 2 weeks ago. I already wrote the chaplain about being married there. We have to meet with the chaplain together beforehand. I'm hoping within the next 3 months. We were supposed to get married last January but he was incarcerated in December.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #27  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 AM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsun

#2 I am an RN. I was married to a felon for 3 yrs it did not affect my job sources
#3 she can hit ur income tax unless u file injured spouse form ( that did happen .... it takes longer to get refund but worth the extra time to get your money )

<3 Heart belongs to Droopy <3
Does that apply to Tennessee? My guy owes child support but I was told once married that it wouldn't affect me. At least that's what a woman at h&R block said

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
missZ's Avatar
missZ missZ is offline
Dgwa
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duval,Jax
Posts: 895
Thanks: 47
Thanked 213 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Tee

Hey Miss Z!!! Thank you, mama. I am so excited, nervous, scared, etc. Hard finding a dress that is sexy and still meets DOC dresscode regulations.
Oops Realli? So u can NOT wear whatever dress u want??. R u serious..:$

Miss Z
__________________
Hubby Been Home since july 29th of 2014
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Sweet_Tee's Avatar
Sweet_Tee Sweet_Tee is offline
HIS WONDER WOMAN
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 468
Thanks: 41
Thanked 310 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missZ

Oops Realli? So u can NOT wear whatever dress u want??. R u serious..:$

Miss Z
Oh no, girlfriend. We still have to cover up. No sleeveless, one arm out sexy back will be going on behind those walls.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
missZ's Avatar
missZ missZ is offline
Dgwa
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duval,Jax
Posts: 895
Thanks: 47
Thanked 213 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Oh wow I dnt have no idea how it works..but sounds like if they will be the ones controlling your wedding ...dat will b crazy....well either way I'm sure u going. Look and feel your best

Miss Z
__________________
Hubby Been Home since july 29th of 2014
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Sweet_Tee's Avatar
Sweet_Tee Sweet_Tee is offline
HIS WONDER WOMAN
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 468
Thanks: 41
Thanked 310 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missZ
Oh wow I dnt have no idea how it works..but sounds like if they will be the ones controlling your wedding ...dat will b crazy....well either way I'm sure u going. Look and feel your best

Miss Z
Yes, they control everything. Only 2 witnesses allowed to come. So we are definitely planning a 2nd wedding once he is released with all our family and friends. But trust, though there are restrictions I'm still gonna be prison chic. Lol. Thanks for your well wishes.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
missZ's Avatar
missZ missZ is offline
Dgwa
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duval,Jax
Posts: 895
Thanks: 47
Thanked 213 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Wow ( I'm trippin here) u welcome

Miss Z
__________________
Hubby Been Home since july 29th of 2014
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Southernsun's Avatar
Southernsun Southernsun is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TENNESSEE
Posts: 797
Thanks: 0
Thanked 160 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady

Does that apply to Tennessee? My guy owes child support but I was told once married that it wouldn't affect me. At least that's what a woman at h&R block said

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
YES im n Tennessee and I had to fill out that form each year. And my babys daddy his wide fills it out so I don't get her income tax portion and they are in NC. The form us on the IRS website www.IRS.GOV JUST SEARCH to keywords injured spouse. It is federal form so all states should apply

<3 Heart belongs to Droopy <3
__________________




<3 MY HEART BELONGS TO DROOPY <3
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Sweet_Tee's Avatar
Sweet_Tee Sweet_Tee is offline
HIS WONDER WOMAN
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 468
Thanks: 41
Thanked 310 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsun

YES im n Tennessee and I had to fill out that form each year. And my babys daddy his wide fills it out so I don't get her income tax portion and they are in NC. The form us on the IRS website www.IRS.GOV JUST SEARCH to keywords injured spouse. It is federal form so all states should apply

<3 Heart belongs to Droopy <3
This is great information. Thank you so much!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 AM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Yea I am just going to wear regular clothes when we get married. Maybe I can find a long flowing skirt (like a casual one that you would wear to the beach) some sandals but I wouldn't know what kind of short to wear with it

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Sweet_Tee's Avatar
Sweet_Tee Sweet_Tee is offline
HIS WONDER WOMAN
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 468
Thanks: 41
Thanked 310 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady
Yea I am just going to wear regular clothes when we get married. Maybe I can find a long flowing skirt (like a casual one that you would wear to the beach) some sandals but I wouldn't know what kind of short to wear with it

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
I am gonna go for maybe a babydoll type dress and some cute shoes. Or some form fitting lady slacks with a nice white blouse. I need to find that photoshop program where I can change his pants color. He's gonna wear a shirt and tie. He cringed when I told him about the tie. Lol.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 AM
adamsrubberduck adamsrubberduck is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin-USA
Posts: 783
Thanks: 56
Thanked 406 Times in 270 Posts
Default

They perform background checks on everyone who works with children and in addition to that they do credit checks too. She and her man decided to move into together (a year before they get married to save money and because her lease was up) so when they ran the checks on her they saw everyone listed at her address (including her at the time 14 year old daughter-daughter just had a birthday 2 weeks ago). They know every person who recives mail at her address and they have to prove that they don't live with her or submit to a background check. They both knew that this might be an issue but they moved in together anyway. As luck would have it all of the things that he did even before the age of 21 came up and she had to have his family, her family , friends including me, his college professors and his job write character references for him. He had to agree to take an anger mgt class AND this Friday they both will have to sign an agreement with the state of Wsiconsin that he will have NO contact with the police and if he does she is done for life.

If something happens to him he can't claim self defense, he can't do anything except call 911 and hope that the police take his side. I am not sure if this means no auto-tickets too but it would not surprise me. We are talking about living his whole life with her under the gun for the sake of her career. I could understand if anything that he did pertained to children but it did not. Wisconsin came out with new laws about 4 years ago for people who work with children and it is crazy. Some things (not many) that are over 10 years old can be over looked but most will bar you forever and they include forgery, burglery, auto theft and other things that may have no physical harm to the victim and it doesn't matter how old the crime is. There will be a huge shortage of teachers here more than it already is due to this law. I am waiting for the day that they say if any of your family members has ever committed a crime then you are done as well. I know that we need to protect the children but this is going too far.

Wisconsin has so many child sex crimes but few of them are done by the people who are paid to work with children. We have many cases of child abuse by parents here and now they are making it hard for the people who actually want to and are trained to work with children to do so. Don't come here if you have a loved one who committed a crime and you want to work with children. It will be hard for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Tee View Post
Hi, I appreciate your response. We will continue to live in New York State. I live in the city now but I am relocating up north to be near his family.

Now, your friend is going through this and she is not even married to him?!!! How did they find out about him?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
D's lady's Avatar
D's lady D's lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsun

YES im n Tennessee and I had to fill out that form each year. And my babys daddy his wide fills it out so I don't get her income tax portion and they are in NC. The form us on the IRS website www.IRS.GOV JUST SEARCH to keywords injured spouse. It is federal form so all states should apply

<3 Heart belongs to Droopy <3
Thank u! I need my income tax return...and I'm not about to give my money to HER! He can give his return when he gets out lol! We have kids of our own. Not trying to be mean....but I didn't lay down with the chick and I'm not paying for their kid. I've already given her $3000. Is that mean of me?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Southernsun's Avatar
Southernsun Southernsun is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TENNESSEE
Posts: 797
Thanks: 0
Thanked 160 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady

Thank u! I need my income tax return...and I'm not about to give my money to HER! He can give his return when he gets out lol! We have kids of our own. Not trying to be mean....but I didn't lay down with the chick and I'm not paying for their kid. I've already given her $3000. Is that mean of me?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Nope not at all.....that's exactally why I used the form

<3 Heart belongs to Droopy <3
__________________




<3 MY HEART BELONGS TO DROOPY <3
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Sweet_Tee's Avatar
Sweet_Tee Sweet_Tee is offline
HIS WONDER WOMAN
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 468
Thanks: 41
Thanked 310 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady

Thank u! I need my income tax return...and I'm not about to give my money to HER! He can give his return when he gets out lol! We have kids of our own. Not trying to be mean....but I didn't lay down with the chick and I'm not paying for their kid. I've already given her $3000. Is that mean of me?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Not mean at all! Your money is for you and your children. As you said, he can handle that when he comes home. That's the same way I feel.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Sweet_Tee's Avatar
Sweet_Tee Sweet_Tee is offline
HIS WONDER WOMAN
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 468
Thanks: 41
Thanked 310 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsrubberduck
They perform background checks on everyone who works with children and in addition to that they do credit checks too. She and her man decided to move into together (a year before they get married to save money and because her lease was up) so when they ran the checks on her they saw everyone listed at her address (including her at the time 14 year old daughter-daughter just had a birthday 2 weeks ago). They know every person who recives mail at her address and they have to prove that they don't live with her or submit to a background check. They both knew that this might be an issue but they moved in together anyway. As luck would have it all of the things that he did even before the age of 21 came up and she had to have his family, her family , friends including me, his college professors and his job write character references for him. He had to agree to take an anger mgt class AND this Friday they both will have to sign an agreement with the state of Wsiconsin that he will have NO contact with the police and if he does she is done for life.

If something happens to him he can't claim self defense, he can't do anything except call 911 and hope that the police take his side. I am not sure if this means no auto-tickets too but it would not surprise me. We are talking about living his whole life with her under the gun for the sake of her career. I could understand if anything that he did pertained to children but it did not. Wisconsin came out with new laws about 4 years ago for people who work with children and it is crazy. Some things (not many) that are over 10 years old can be over looked but most will bar you forever and they include forgery, burglery, auto theft and other things that may have no physical harm to the victim and it doesn't matter how old the crime is. There will be a huge shortage of teachers here more than it already is due to this law. I am waiting for the day that they say if any of your family members has ever committed a crime then you are done as well. I know that we need to protect the children but this is going too far.

Wisconsin has so many child sex crimes but few of them are done by the people who are paid to work with children. We have many cases of child abuse by parents here and now they are making it hard for the people who actually want to and are trained to work with children to do so. Don't come here if you have a loved one who committed a crime and you want to work with children. It will be hard for you.
Wow!!!! It's that serious?! You are right, there will be a shortage of teachers with craziness like that going on. No plans to move to Wisconsin. Hell no!!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics