Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:46 PM

I agree! Well, we were only dating for a short while before he went in, so there's still a lot I'm learning about him, and one of the things I'm figuring out is that he's not a real man. And I just have to go with my gut feeling. He's a secretive gguy, and that makes me wonder things. And the fact that i've been here for him the whole time, and true, and yet he still has not sent me a form to visit, and keeps making excuses. I'm done and I've had it with him. He needs to figure things out. He lost a good woman. Stay strong ladies, I know real men appreciate a good woman . but i'm over playing his dumb games.
The Following User Says Thank You to heartfeather For This Useful Post:
Iwillbstrong4u8 (08-10-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2014, 08:48 PM

I wrote him one last letter, and kept it brief. I didn't even explain my feelings or ask him "what's really going on", cause I knoe he's just going to lie to me. But he'll know that I'm fed up and through as he reads my letters, and the good stuff is missing
The Following User Says Thank You to heartfeather For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 PM

*letter
Old 07-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Caligurl209

I'm sorry to hear that but some guys will grow up and change. But if u ever need to talk message me I'll be around
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl20985 For This Useful Post:
heartfeather (07-09-2014), Iwillbstrong4u8 (08-10-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 04:19 PM

Thanks Caligirl
Old 07-14-2014, 01:12 AM
Caligurl209

Ur welcome hope things get or gotten better for u
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl20985 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 PM

hi ladies my husband is up for transfer and i was just wondering if you ladies can run jamestown down to me. like hotels visit cans and cants weather well pretty much everything thank u
Old 08-19-2014, 11:40 AM

Default Does Anybody know...

Hi my bf is at Sierra and is going to start the training for fire camp. I believe he said it was about 2 weeks long?? I haven't gotten a phone call in almost 2 weeks. Usually I would hear from him by now. Just wondering if anyone knows that when they are in training do they miss yard time to make phone calls? Thanks so much
Old 09-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Two Hearts One Soul

Hello Ladies, My son just got there last Friday and is supposed to go to committee on Thursday 09/11/14. How do the walk in visits work? time and all that good stuff any tips welcomed. Is this prison on VPASS? Also if he is SNY he will be on C yard is that correct? Thank you and God Bless
Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juans Girl View Post
Hello Ladies, My son just got there last Friday and is supposed to go to committee on Thursday 09/11/14. How do the walk in visits work? time and all that good stuff any tips welcomed. Is this prison on VPASS? Also if he is SNY he will be on C yard is that correct? Thank you and God Bless
First of all welcome to scc and yes sny is level 3 facility c. They do vpass or walk ins start at 10am. But u should call to make sure your son is out of orientation in order to have a contact visit.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Two Hearts One Soul

Thank you Caligirl20985! I will definately call or wait for his call. I appreciate your help. God Bless and Have a great day!
Old 09-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juans Girl View Post
Thank you Caligirl20985! I will definately call or wait for his call. I appreciate your help. God Bless and Have a great day!
Have a great day yourself too. And also a great first visit when u go. Make sure to have ur id/dl in hand when u drive in to the prison. Cause they ask to see it
Old 09-13-2014, 04:25 PM

See ladies, I was right! He mixed up letters, and I got some others woman's letter, guess he wants to marry us both! wows, he don messed up.. just wanted to let you ladies know, that if something don't match up, there's a reason. Glad I found out the truth finally, he slipped up!! what a PENdejo!!! jjajajaja
Old 09-24-2014, 11:49 AM

hi ladies. first of all, thanks to caligirl20985 for responding to all my inquiries. i had my visit this weekend, & although there were some little mishaps, i'd say all in all it was nice. i was prepared because i knew what to expect from what i read here in the forums. but my question now is regarding the money in their account. how long does it take for it to get transferred over to scc coming from another facility?
Old 09-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by jni View Post
hi ladies. first of all, thanks to caligirl20985 for responding to all my inquiries. i had my visit this weekend, & although there were some little mishaps, i'd say all in all it was nice. i was prepared because i knew what to expect from what i read here in the forums. but my question now is regarding the money in their account. how long does it take for it to get transferred over to scc coming from another facility?
I'm glad u had a good visit. I also visited this past weekend. But back regarding ur money ? It shouldn't take long to be transferred over to his books. But with scc there slow so keep calling and asking or have him ask they have a inquiry form they can fill out and put in a box where it gets send out to the right department for his money. Or maybe if he's lucky a c/o can find out for him. But then again I'm glad u had a good visit. Did u visit facility c by any chance?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:46 PM

thanks caligirl20985 :-) . my sweety is housed in yard b. the visiting room was packed, it was really loud. i'll just tell him to fill out the inquiry form. i appreciate the quick reply :-)
Old 09-24-2014, 07:08 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by jni View Post
thanks caligirl20985 :-) . my sweety is housed in yard b. the visiting room was packed, it was really loud. i'll just tell him to fill out the inquiry form. i appreciate the quick reply :-)
Ur so much welcome but I hope to hear u get only good visits but I know some are not
Old 10-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Donation Award 

Hey I thought they had like outside tables for the guys going to fire camp. Just asking. And.does anyone know how long the training is?I only ask because if is not too long I can just wait for him to get to San Diego. It's like 2 hours away from me as opposed to the five and a half hours going up to Jamestown

Old 10-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmentheboys4 View Post
Hi my bf is at Sierra and is going to start the training for fire camp. I believe he said it was about 2 weeks long?? I haven't gotten a phone call in almost 2 weeks. Usually I would hear from him by now. Just wondering if anyone knows that when they are in training do they miss yard time to make phone calls? Thanks so much
Is the training really less.than a.month for fire camp

Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Hi ladies. Well here I am asking questions about the 8th prison since 2011. My son was was mainlined at Sierra once then moved to Donovan, then Chino then PV; now back to Sierra. Before his initial stay at Sierra he and been to Solano and some place in between there and Sierra. I have no idea how long he will be at Sierra, but I know things must have changed since 2011. My questions are: what money for food at Sierra, do they have a limit, vending machines or restaurant food such as Donovan? I looked on SCC site and there is VPASS, but what day and time is the sign up on VPASS? Can the person that is driving me wait in the friends trailer at least 3 hours? Have you heard from you inmates as to how SCC compares to other places?
Old 11-02-2014, 05:00 PM

Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,240 Posts

Do you know what yard your son is on? My son is in Facility C (or T yard) which is level 3 SNY. We've only visited twice since he got there in May, but I'll be happy to answer questions about vending machines, etc. if he is in that yard. I don't know anything about the other yards, but I'm sure there is someone here who does. I do know that VPASS is available on Sunday night at 8:00PM the week before you want to visit. I'm sure that applies to all yards.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
Do you know what yard your son is on? My son is in Facility C (or T yard) which is level 3 SNY. We've only visited twice since he got there in May, but I'll be happy to answer questions about vending machines, etc. if he is in that yard. I don't know anything about the other yards, but I'm sure there is someone here who does. I do know that VPASS is available on Sunday night at 8:00PM the week before you want to visit. I'm sure that applies to all yards.
Right now he is in Orientation, but he will be in SNY when he is released from Orientation.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:02 PM

Hi - Since you've been to SCC before, I guess you're familiar with the visiting bldg. and the SNY visiting room. If not, let me know and I'll try to fill you in. Other than that, each adult can take $50 (or it might be $60) in one dollar bills each day. We usually take $100 for both of us and it's more than enough. They only have vending machines (but I can't believe Donovan has restaurant food!!). That would be amazing! They don't have much - only 2 vending machines with a fair selection of sandwiches, etc. There are 2 for drinks, snacks, etc. They run out quickly and don't seem to refill so at the end of the day, there is hardly anything left. I don't know anything about the friend's trailer so I don't know if your friend could stay there while you're visiting. If not, I guess they could always drive into Jamestown or Sonora and poke around until you're done.

Unlike your poor son who's been all over, my son was at Folsom for over 5 years where he was in GP. He then went to NKSP for about 8 months where he went SNY. He ended up at SCC and is doing great there. I can't compare this yard to another SNY yard, but I think he really lucked out by ending up there. Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure I'm much help, but let me know if you have any other questions. Welcome once again to SCC!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:12 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
Hi - Since you've been to SCC before, I guess you're familiar with the visiting bldg. and the SNY visiting room. If not, let me know and I'll try to fill you in. Other than that, each adult can take $50 (or it might be $60) in one dollar bills each day. We usually take $100 for both of us and it's more than enough. They only have vending machines (but I can't believe Donovan has restaurant food!!). That would be amazing! They don't have much - only 2 vending machines with a fair selection of sandwiches, etc. There are 2 for drinks, snacks, etc. They run out quickly and don't seem to refill so at the end of the day, there is hardly anything left. I don't know anything about the friend's trailer so I don't know if your friend could stay there while you're visiting. If not, I guess they could always drive into Jamestown or Sonora and poke around until you're done.

Unlike your poor son who's been all over, my son was at Folsom for over 5 years where he was in GP. He then went to NKSP for about 8 months where he went SNY. He ended up at SCC and is doing great there. I can't compare this yard to another SNY yard, but I think he really lucked out by ending up there. Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure I'm much help, but let me know if you have any other questions. Welcome once again to SCC!
Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, Donovan's food was good. Someone would come every hour to deliver the previous orders and when he is finished distributing the orders, will take the next batch of orders. Salads, entrees and deserts. There were vending machines too. So do you think it's best to get v-pass appointment early so that there is food left in the machines? At PV no restaurant food, but they were constantly restocking the vending machines. I don't know why procedures aren't the same at all of the prisons. It would be so much easier on the visitors because, they would know ahead of time what to expect. The distance to Sierra is about 6 hours; do you have recommendations for hotels? And I have forgotten visiting procedure for Sierra; well maybe not forgot, but I have been to so many it's difficult to sort out the differences for each one in my head. So if you don't mind, would you refresh my memory?
Thank you again.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdreaming View Post
Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, Donovan's food was good. Someone would come every hour to deliver the previous orders and when he is finished distributing the orders, will take the next batch of orders. Salads, entrees and deserts. There were vending machines too. So do you think it's best to get v-pass appointment early so that there is food left in the machines? At PV no restaurant food, but they were constantly restocking the vending machines. I don't know why procedures aren't the same at all of the prisons. It would be so much easier on the visitors because, they would know ahead of time what to expect. The distance to Sierra is about 6 hours; do you have recommendations for hotels? And I have forgotten visiting procedure for Sierra; well maybe not forgot, but I have been to so many it's difficult to sort out the differences for each one in my head. So if you don't mind, would you refresh my memory?
Thank you again.

I donít blame you for getting a little confused! Weíve only been to 2 prisons (not including reception) and they are completely different from each other. Youíve been to way more than that and I can only imagine how difficult it would be to keep them all straight.

Weíve only been to visit at SCC twice. Before we went, we looked at Google maps so we were familiar with the layout and the location. One of the ladies on here also answered my questions. The first time we went, we drove into the parking lot on the right, parked our car and walked right up to the processing bldg. The second time we went, that parking lot was blocked off and we had to drive straight ahead where a CO stopped us, checked our ID and visiting confirmation (which we had printed out), and we then drove right to the parking lot and bldg. we had been to the first time. They say to arrive 15 minutes before your appt. time. We waited in the covered area next to the bldg. They call in each name one by one. When you enter the small room, you walk to the desk and take off your shoes and jewelry and give the CO your car keys. You then go back to the metal detector and walk through it. I donít wear an underwire bra, but the clasps on the back set it off so they allowed me to bunch the back of the bra together with one hand and walk through. That worked. You then walk through the door on the left, go down a ramp to the bottom where you wait for the tower to open 2 gates, walk to your left to the first bldg. and ring a bell by the door. You are let in (this is also where the photo ducat machine is), you hand the CO your ID, he lets you in another door and you check with the table to the right where they tell you which table youíll sit at. We havenít had to wait long for our son to come out.

We didnít know that SCC is in the middle of nowhere so we decided to stay in Merced at the Courtyard Marriott. Itís an hour away from the prison. It takes us 5 hours to get to Merced so with the extra hour weíre also 6 hours away. Visiting hours are 8 to 3 so we try to get appts. for 8:30 or 9:00. That way we get full visits for both days without being terminated. And, yes, an early appt. would give you a better selection of food which isnít all that great to begin with. I think they refilled one time we were there, but didnít refill the machines with much. The visiting room is pretty boring. You canít talk to any of the other inmates or their families, the inmates can only go to 2 vending machines, and you canít walk around unless youíre going to the vending machines. There is no patio area which we really miss from Folsom. They do have some games and cards, but thatís about it. It doesnít really matter that much Ė we just love spending the time with our son!

Anyway, that's about all I can think of. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I don't mind at all. Have a great visit with your son!
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
audreysntg (05-10-2015)