Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:43 AM

Default On unsupervised probation, how do I get approved for visits?

I am currently on court probation unsupervised probation. I wrote a letter to the judge and it been a week and still no word. How am I supposed to get approved if I do not have a probation officer and how long before I attempt to send another request for approval letter?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Did you apply and get denied? I would also write a letter to the judge.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osugirl View Post
Did you apply and get denied? I would also write a letter to the judge.
No, my inmate's case worker called and said I needs to get a letter of pprovl from my probation officer and I told her I did not have one I WS on unsupervised probation.. And she insisted I had one and I needed to get it returned to her asap.
So I sent a letter to my judge
Its been a week and no response. I'm afraid I will be denied if I don't get it to case worker by end of this week
Old 03-14-2017, 01:33 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 14,198 Times in 5,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsdork View Post
No, my inmate's case worker called and said I needs to get a letter of pprovl from my probation officer and I told her I did not have one I WS on unsupervised probation.. And she insisted I had one and I needed to get it returned to her asap.
Its been a week and no response. I'm afraid I will be denied if I don't get it to case worker by end of this week

I don't understand the rush on the case worker's part or what she means by "letter of approval". It's not parole's job to decide if you can visit one of their inmates. Are you trying to visit a co-defendant?
I would contact the department overseeing your supervision by phone or in person and ask if it's possible to get a letter detailing the status of your supervision. A letter directly to the judge isn't likely to get a timely response.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-07-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsdork View Post
I would submit the visitors form and a letter to the warden.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:05 AM

You can't be approved for visitation regardless in the Missouri Department of Corrections whether you are on supervised or unsupervised probation. You are on an active offense and the DOC will deny you visitation if you are on supervision for any active offense or you have active warrants. You won't get approved for any visitation until your active offense is completed regardless.
The Following User Says Thank You to GlassCity1982 For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 07:05 AM

Thanked 4,041 Times in 2,169 Posts

Even if the prison approved your visit your taking a chance of violating probation, read your rules and probation conditions.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
GlassCity1982 (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Even if the prison approved your visit your taking a chance of violating probation, read your rules and probation conditions.
xolady is right, you need to read your rules/supervision strategies governing Probation and Parole. In Missouri it is plainly explained in your supervision rules stating the following:

Rule #5: Association

I will obtain advance permission from my Probation and Parole
Officer before I associate with any person convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, or with anyone currently under the supervision of the Board of Probation and Parole. It is my responsibility to know with whom I am associating.

If you get caught visiting an offender without advance permission, this is a rule #5 violation. It is a technical violation but yet enough of a violation that your field supervising officer could report it to the district supervisor and they could issue a warrant for you for a technical violation and send you back to prison.

I would advise not visiting other offenders or talking with other offenders until your active case is resolved. Regardless to the latter as we told you prior, the DOC will not approve a visitation form for you once they run your background and see you have an active case.