Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:00 PM

Default How many months til eligible for MRS in Kentucky?

I have a close friend serving time in Kentucky is it 6 months, 8 months or 12 months For a mandatory reentry supervision (MRS)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2017, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,550 Posts

Per statute (KRS 439.3406), it is 6 months. However, once the good time and work credit for those 6 month figured in, it can be up to 8 or 9 months.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:21 PM

thanks you so much I told my friend it was 6 months but as many knows he had her a rumor of it being 8 months and with the way things change you never know but with what you just said it makes sense
Old 11-25-2017, 09:14 AM

Default Rumors

I served 6 years in the KY DOC and was released in 2015. I was a legal aide for 3 of those years. It has been my experience that inmates are worse that a small town beauty shop with respect to gossip, rumors, scuttlebutt, and general bs. As quoted earlier in the thread, the statutory timeline is 6 months prior to release minus certain exceptions. I was released on MRS in 2015. MRS was created by the legislature as a result of the passing of House Bill 463 (KY. Legis. 2011) To rebut the gossip I heard around the yard, I subscribed to the Legislative Record. It is a monthly newspaper from the Legislative Research Commission, an official part of state government. It can be subscribed to by anyone. KET also has excellent resources when the legislature is in session. My point in all of this is inmates spread rumors maliciously and I can not count the times I refuted silly beliefs by naive inmates. It is just something to deal with. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to MichealWhitehea For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-25-2017)