Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:54 PM

Default Going to prison w/ open case: Will he still get sent to a permanent prison?

Hello my fiancé just got sentenced to 15 due 7 and he is at Jackson diagnostics prison right now but he still has an open case for another county.will he still get sent to a perment prison or how does this work..im hoping for the best we are trying to get his cases ran concurrent
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2017, 11:09 PM

Thanked 1,255 Times in 519 Posts

When his eval is finished they will send him to a prison location. It's my understanding that when his new case comes up, they will bring him to that county for trial or a hearing if he takes a plea.Then he'll be returned to serve his time. His lawyer for that new case will need to ask that any sentence run concurrent. Does he have a lawyer assigned for that case? Have your fiance give him permission to talk to you about the case if needed. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:26 PM

Yes we have a lawyer and he talks to me about the case he said he can get it ran concurrent but my fiancé wants to see it on paper
Old 11-27-2017, 02:47 PM

Thanked 1,255 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechie914 View Post
Yes we have a lawyer and he talks to me about the case he said he can get it ran concurrent but my fiancé wants to see it on paper
I can understand that because sometimes the deal isn't what they understand. Seeing it spelled out on paper reassures everyone what will happen. I hope things work out ok for you both. It's good that you can communicate with his lawyer. That helps a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,734 Times in 10,115 Posts

The lawyer can't (depending on the specific laws of your state) guarantee anything, because the judge is always the final decider. Even if the defense and prosecution agree on terms, the judge can STILL do something else.