Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:15 AM

Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,036 Posts
Default Husband Had his first meeting with a parole officer yesterday yay

He was so excited when he called me.... He said they last lady had him fill out paperwork with his address etc. She also had info for him about jobs in our area. He's in the trading places program and they guarantee you have a job when released. So that's good. She also asked him about his classes he has to get done and since he hasn't done them yet she said she would get the ball rolling on that for him because he has to get them done before he's released or they can keep him longer.
He said he would be meeting with her several times before his actual parole hearing. Can't wait until this is over.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
CR2016 (Today), Kimimi (Today)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
He was so excited when he called me.... He said they last lady had him fill out paperwork with his address etc. She also had info for him about jobs in our area. He's in the trading places program and they guarantee you have a job when released. So that's good. She also asked him about his classes he has to get done and since he hasn't done them yet she said she would get the ball rolling on that for him because he has to get them done before he's released or they can keep him longer.
He said he would be meeting with her several times before his actual parole hearing. Can't wait until this is over.
Thatís awesome!!!! Praying this is over for you guys soon!!! When should he be seeing the parole board?
Old 12-02-2017, 10:21 AM

Around june....were pretty positive knowing he will get parole. He's a non violent offender and in a non secure level one. He's also in that program which pretty much guarantees your parole. As long as there is no trouble he should be good. Only one person who has been in the program has been removed because of a fight. Because most know that because your in the program it's an automatic parole and who is stupid enough to blow that.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Thanked 4,071 Times in 2,187 Posts

Great news!!!!
Old 12-02-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Great news!!!!
I know I'm so excited....im just tired and want this over.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Around june....were pretty positive knowing he will get parole. He's a non violent offender and in a non secure level one. He's also in that program which pretty much guarantees your parole. As long as there is no trouble he should be good. Only one person who has been in the program has been removed because of a fight. Because most know that because your in the program it's an automatic parole and who is stupid enough to blow that.
Your husband doesn't sound stupid enough to blow it, but I am personally amazed at just how stupid people are when they do blow it! You would think people would learn the first time, yet they don't!

So happy things are looking up for both of you! I'm still watching your countdown, while ours is T-3 for his sentence to start at Duluth FPC this Tuesday and I can then start my own count. Surprisingly it's a pretty typical weekend in our house, lots of kids stuff, and fortunately it's a nice day for early December so we aren't freezing our asses off and can actually get some stuff cleared out in the garage. Seeing his mom for the last time tonight, last day of NFL football tomorrow, then off to the airport on Monday and a lonely return by myself Tuesday evening, then life begins again for me as a single parent. This site has been a great support.

May the good news keep happening for you and your husband!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
Your husband doesn't sound stupid enough to blow it, but I am personally amazed at just how stupid people are when they do blow it! You would think people would learn the first time, yet they don't!

So happy things are looking up for both of you! I'm still watching your countdown, while ours is T-3 for his sentence to start at Duluth FPC this Tuesday and I can then start my own count. Surprisingly it's a pretty typical weekend in our house, lots of kids stuff, and fortunately it's a nice day for early December so we aren't freezing our asses off and can actually get some stuff cleared out in the garage. Seeing his mom for the last time tonight, last day of NFL football tomorrow, then off to the airport on Monday and a lonely return by myself Tuesday evening, then life begins again for me as a single parent. This site has been a great support.

May the good news keep happening for you and your husband!
Oh gosh....like I said before I couldn't imagine knowing this was coming and being able to function everyday. You must be a wreck. I will still be on when hubby comes home and be giving the same support I give now. It's beautiful here to I'll be getting some outside work done tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Now Wife ❤️

That is so exciting!!!!!!!! It is coming soon!

Old 12-03-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean'sGirl82 View Post
That is so exciting!!!!!!!! It is coming soon!
I know it's almost our year

Sean'sGirl82 (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Now Wife ❤️

Quote:
I know it's almost our year
God I canít wait!!!

Old 12-03-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean'sGirl82 View Post
God I canít wait!!!
I know me either. Your two months before me Can't wait to hear how your homecoming goes.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:31 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,900 Times in 1,656 Posts

Itís getting closer. With Dee we knew there had been a resentencing but we didnít confirm that it took until they brought her in, pointed out her new date and said ďcongratulations, youíre out in 150 Days, letís start preparing.Ē California does its initial preparation at 150 dayís pre-release (or as close to it as possible if there is a change in sentencing, additional credits earned, etc.)

Slowly but surely heíll be working on that plan and preparing for release and transitioning from basic inmate to preparing for release to actually released.

Itís still a little ways off, but those signs that itís coming are there!
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 12-03-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Itís getting closer. With Dee we knew there had been a resentencing but we didnít confirm that it took until they brought her in, pointed out her new date and said ďcongratulations, youíre out in 150 Days, letís start preparing.Ē California does its initial preparation at 150 dayís pre-release (or as close to it as possible if there is a change in sentencing, additional credits earned, etc.)

Slowly but surely heíll be working on that plan and preparing for release and transitioning from basic inmate to preparing for release to actually released.

Itís still a little ways off, but those signs that itís coming are there!
He said the same thing. Things are starting to move along. I just can't wait.

missingdee (12-03-2017)
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Update: He will be in his required classes in January. He met with the parole lady again and she said that everyone who is close to parole date will be in them asap. He was so excited when he called me He also got the Tudor job so he will be making 75$ a month and that saves me alot he was so happy when he called. I love hearing the excitement in his voice. He just wants to be home and knows this is him being one step closer.

Old Today, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Update: He will be in his required classes in January. He met with the parole lady again and she said that everyone who is close to parole date will be in them asap. He was so excited when he called me He also got the Tudor job so he will be making 75$ a month and that saves me alot he was so happy when he called. I love hearing the excitement in his voice. He just wants to be home and knows this is him being one step closer.
Happy to hear this hopefully its sooner knowing the progress made.. Once this month is over it goes faster.
Old Today, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR2016 View Post
Happy to hear this hopefully its sooner knowing the progress made.. Once this month is over it goes faster.
Its all going fast it makes me so happy.