Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2016, 04:02 AM
Slimruckus's Avatar
Slimruckus Slimruckus is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 29
Thanks: 13
Thanked 33 Times in 15 Posts
Unhappy How long does it take to be approved on an Illinois inmate's call list?

So I found a pen pal ad to a girl I wrote that is currently incarcerated in Illinois. I wrote her a letter and she wrote me back. i was actually really excited about it. I received her letter on the April 1st which was a Friday and she told me how happy she was to receive my letter and how cute and attracted she was to me. She asked me for my number so I sent it. I set up an account on securus to make sure she would be able to call me. I am assuming that she should of got my letter by the 6th or 7th.

My question is do you know how long it takes to get on a phone list? Should of she called me by now? I also haven't received a letter back from her yet.

I know that I am probably just over reacting but I guess you could say I'm just excited lol. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated thanks.
Dan
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-12-2016, 08:37 AM
IzzyLouWho's Avatar
IzzyLouWho IzzyLouWho is offline
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,908
Thanks: 862
Thanked 2,859 Times in 1,456 Posts
Default

I did a bit of research for ya and there is nothing set in stone regarding how long it could take. Each facility is different.
__________________
Angela
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Slimruckus (04-12-2016)
  #3  
Old 04-12-2016, 08:54 AM
Slimruckus's Avatar
Slimruckus Slimruckus is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 29
Thanks: 13
Thanked 33 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Well either way I appreciate it. I guess ill find out sooner or later. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2016, 11:09 PM
blah8705's Avatar
blah8705 blah8705 is offline
Registered User

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 3,034
Thanks: 1,911
Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,541 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimruckus View Post
So I found a pen pal ad to a girl I wrote that is currently incarcerated in Illinois. I wrote her a letter and she wrote me back. i was actually really excited about it. I received her letter on the April 1st which was a Friday and she told me how happy she was to receive my letter and how cute and attracted she was to me. She asked me for my number so I sent it. I set up an account on securus to make sure she would be able to call me. I am assuming that she should of got my letter by the 6th or 7th.

My question is do you know how long it takes to get on a phone list? Should of she called me by now? I also haven't received a letter back from her yet.

I know that I am probably just over reacting but I guess you could say I'm just excited lol. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated thanks.
Dan
It may take a while for you to get that first call. I live only 3 hours away from
where my fiancé is incarcerated at and it can take up to a week for him to get my letters. You being from PA means it may take longer for her to get your letters. Also, as far as the call list goes, it may take a good couple of weeks to get that call for you to be approved. For what it's worth, it was pretty quick for me to be approved on my fiance's call list, like 3 days luckily, but I just wanted to give you worst case scenario. As hard as this is, try not to expect a call til May so that way, if/when it happens earlier, you'll be pleasantly surprised. As far as her writing back to you, she may not have enough money to buy envelopes..? Or she may be like me and procrastinate writing lol. I do hope you hear from her soon!! Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about IL as well!! Admittedly, I sometimes forget to check this forum, so please forgive me if I don't respond to posts right away.
__________________




GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
Slimruckus (04-13-2016)
  #5  
Old 04-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Slimruckus's Avatar
Slimruckus Slimruckus is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 29
Thanks: 13
Thanked 33 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah8705 View Post
It may take a while for you to get that first call. I live only 3 hours away from
where my fiancé is incarcerated at and it can take up to a week for him to get my letters. You being from PA means it may take longer for her to get your letters. Also, as far as the call list goes, it may take a good couple of weeks to get that call for you to be approved. For what it's worth, it was pretty quick for me to be approved on my fiance's call list, like 3 days luckily, but I just wanted to give you worst case scenario. As hard as this is, try not to expect a call til May so that way, if/when it happens earlier, you'll be pleasantly surprised. As far as her writing back to you, she may not have enough money to buy envelopes..? Or she may be like me and procrastinate writing lol. I do hope you hear from her soon!! Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about IL as well!! Admittedly, I sometimes forget to check this forum, so please forgive me if I don't respond to posts right away.
Thank you so much for the reply. Yeah still no letter yet I did set up the securus and I sent her a little money through jpay just to make sure she could get envelopes just in case. I know how slow the prison system can be it sucks haha. I will definitely try and not think about getting the phone call so when it happen I will be surprised, its definitely a challenge. I'll just have to try and keep my self occupied so not to think about everything so much. It is really so different having a friendship/relationship with someone in prison. When your with someone in the real world its so easy to just pick up the phone and get what you want where it is the total opposite with prison. But one thing that is great about it is it allows you to appreciate the little things in life and to not take those things for granted. thanks for all your help and I will definitely hit you up if I have anymore questions thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:57 PM
blah8705's Avatar
blah8705 blah8705 is offline
Registered User

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 3,034
Thanks: 1,911
Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,541 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimruckus View Post
Thank you so much for the reply. Yeah still no letter yet I did set up the securus and I sent her a little money through jpay just to make sure she could get envelopes just in case. I know how slow the prison system can be it sucks haha. I will definitely try and not think about getting the phone call so when it happen I will be surprised, its definitely a challenge. I'll just have to try and keep my self occupied so not to think about everything so much. It is really so different having a friendship/relationship with someone in prison. When your with someone in the real world its so easy to just pick up the phone and get what you want where it is the total opposite with prison. But one thing that is great about it is it allows you to appreciate the little things in life and to not take those things for granted. thanks for all your help and I will definitely hit you up if I have anymore questions thanks again
OOoohh trust me, I know how it is to be waiting and waiting for that first phone call! I had to do it three times: when he was first arrested and in county jail, when he got transferred to his first prison, and again when he was transferred to his second prison. That bit of anticipation is both exciting AND annoying!! It's frustrating though if the prison is on lockdown because then each day you're checking IDOC to see if they're finally off just to be disappointed because they're still on. Luckily, my fiance's prison(s) haven't gone on lockdown too much..only when there's been the flu bug going around. I COMPLETELY understand your comparison of how a relationship is out here vs when one or the other is incarcerated. I was with my fiance for 7 months before he got arrested. We went from talking and hanging out every single day to suddenly having to find that routine. When this first started, I always wondered would I ever be able to get used to it and everything, but over time, this has become my new normal. It feels like him coming out is still a dream far away. (Don't let my countdown ticker fool you, he's not actually coming out in over a month. Whoever wrote his crime originally wrote it wrong so the good time he'd gotten off is tacked back on, so he's actually coming out in January.)

Trust me, you will get used to this life. Whether you consider that a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know lol. How long is she serving??

I agree with you on appreciating all the little things now. As silly as it sounds, in the 7 months that my fiance was out here in the world, I'd NEVER seen his handwriting. I seriously wouldn't have been able to pick it out if there were multiple choices. I was happy when I was finally able to recognize his handwriting away and considered that my little accomplishment.

Good luck with everything and just know you're not alone. Keep me updated on when she gets back to you!!
__________________




GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Barbeegirl88 Barbeegirl88 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 31
Thanks: 10
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I actually just called Stateville and they said it could take from 2-4 weeks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoyed 2 weeks in SFRC hes not getting my mail. No phone list yet. Help pl Steph&gene16+ Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 8 12-26-2016 09:37 PM
Phone list~My son couldn' call his brother cause he needs to update his phone list. brave heart Parents with Children in Prison 10 11-13-2010 03:41 PM
phone list approval - will the class. officer know if the list has been turned in? mommadux Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail 2 06-04-2010 09:51 AM
phone list and mail questions lilmama28 Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 7 05-13-2008 07:59 AM
Bayside State Prison Phone list - update phone list - march 15 Daledu New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 0 03-01-2005 07:54 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics