Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM

Default Release of discharged inmates records

Can nevada corrections release the records of a inmate who has been dicharged for 17 years?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 4,876 Times in 2,548 Posts

If it's for a background check, the DOC doesn't release inmate records, the court does. All (unless under seal) court records are public information so a review of one's criminal history shows up.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:35 PM

Default nevada records of discharged inmate

I discharged from Nevada state prison 2001. The company that I am trying to go to work for diod a backround check. Well nevada gave them my California records from the 1980's But never mentioned that i had been in a Nevada prison, WHY because they cant maybe? so they gave them my cal record most of the crimes that I commited were in the 80's in Cal, But apperantly Cal wouldnt give them any info and that is where I live and am trying to go to work. EWhy would that happen????
Old 12-04-2017, 10:47 PM

I got a copy of the backround check today it said sourse nevada department of corections website. And it was all california crimes from the 80"s no Nevada crimes. And the nevada crime was a drug charge something that a perspective employer would be interested in. I have been all over the NDOC website I couldnt find anything about me there.....suggestion????
Old 12-05-2017, 06:15 AM

Thanked 9,872 Times in 5,545 Posts

Few agencies retain records on their websites once an offender is released, no matter whether the release is to parole, mandatory supervision or expiration of sentence.

Release of records retained post-release would have to be addressed through the Public Information Act applicable to the jurisdiction. Most are going to require a signed release but even then, not everything is releasable.

Another consideration is that the DOC records are not controlling because they were not the agency that created the record of arrest and conviction. You know where you were arrested and convicted, so contact the agencies in those jurisdictions...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Elko Butch (12-05-2017)