Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:09 AM

Default Reception and Getting Phone Numbers Approved

How long does it typically take from the time someone in receptio. Submits their call list and a copy of a cellular bill before it is approved and calls can be made?

My LO has been in reception now for almost one month, and it took almost 2 weeks before receiving any mail including my phone bill.

At what point should the Classification Office be contacted. Will contacting them lead to any reprisals or affect their classification status?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damdog View Post
How long does it typically take from the time someone in receptio. Submits their call list and a copy of a cellular bill before it is approved and calls can be made?

My LO has been in reception now for almost one month, and it took almost 2 weeks before receiving any mail including my phone bill.

At what point should the Classification Office be contacted. Will contacting them lead to any reprisals or affect their classification status?
My loved one was able to get his Mothers phone number approved while in reception then when he was moved to his main camp he was able to submit another phone list with all his numbers. However it's been almost a month later of him submitting his phone list and his sisters, a few friends, and I are still waiting on approval. I see that he attempts to call our home phone everyday on my Securus account but our phone still hasn't rang meaning his list hasn't been approved yet.

I want to know the same thing about contacting Classification and what should I say? I don't want to come off as pushy or rude but we would all love to speak to our loved one. It's been a few months now since we heard his voice. I personally don't think calling though would affect their classification status.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 AM

Her call list finally got approved 30 days in. It is great to hear her voice, but I understand that the phone system is old and antiquated with not nearly enough phones for the number of inmates that want to use them. I am told long lines waiting for the phones at night. During the week the phones are only available after 5pm, but less strict rules for the phone on the weekend. Calls end promptly at 15 minutes with a one minute warning and I am being charged approximately 16 cents per minute on my Securus account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Damdog For This Useful Post:
xolady (12-05-2017)