Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Nevada prison, criminal justice system, as well as discuss legal topics

Old 12-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Prison Valkyrie

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Post 200 Inmates from NV transferred to private prison in AZ (Saguaro)

My friend is one of those transferred. I have no idea where he is..how to contact him or how he can contact me. I am told after multiple phone calls and searches that he ( and most others who were moved) is most likely in Saguaro.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...es-to-arizona/
Boudicca 60 AD-I am fighting as an ordinary person for my lost freedom,my bruised body and my outraged daughters.Consider how many of you are fighting and why!Then you will win this battle, or perish.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2017, 09:40 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,122 Times in 7,426 Posts

That sucks. I really hate private prisons as they are all for profit and that profit comes at the expense of the prisoners. Use vinelink to get notifications. On chain, it can take a week or more to land in the transfer prison.

Try to breathe and relax. You will get back in touch with him. It will just take time.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Prison Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
That sucks. I really hate private prisons as they are all for profit and that profit comes at the expense of the prisoners. Use vinelink to get notifications. On chain, it can take a week or more to land in the transfer prison.

Try to breathe and relax. You will get back in touch with him. It will just take time.
Absolutely agreed that private prisons are just profit motivated, one can only hope that it might be better conditions than he had in Ely though. He has a parole hearing on Dec 13th. I find it ridiculous that they have transferred him now. I hope this is not an indication of how the hearing will go.

I had literally just been approved for visits after waiting 6 months between sending in the application and being approved and have been working out finances to go see him. I'm unsure if that approval will go with him or not. They said it will but we'll see.

I'm getting notifications from vine already. Thanks for the reply!
Boudicca 60 AD-I am fighting as an ordinary person for my lost freedom,my bruised body and my outraged daughters.Consider how many of you are fighting and why!Then you will win this battle, or perish.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:28 AM

It has been planned for a while but then happened quickly. I read an article by James Dzerunda NDOC Director and they have moved some out of State prisoners and gang members to make space. Try not to stress too much I am sure he will contact you as soon as he can
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (12-05-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,897 Times in 1,705 Posts

I saw a while back that the move was planned but I didn't know when it would happen. AZ seems to be the hot spot for private prisons housing out of state inmates. We have NV, HI, CA, ICE are all under CCA or CoreCivic and then we have GEO and the federal prisons housing immigration and several out of state contacts. The private prison game is a mess.

I hope you are able to locate your friend soon!
brunhilde (01-27-2018), miamac (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:04 PM

My friend was one of them that went to Arizona from Ely. Most of them just got out of lock down. Saguaro doesn't know what to do with them. They won't give them any of their personals and can't wear their street clothes or gym clothes from Ely. They have to buy everything new. Trying to put $ in their acct is chaos. As of last Thursday they were just getting into the yard for 2 hours a day. Saguaro thinks these guys are the 'worst of the worst' and we know they're not...
The Following User Says Thank You to bchough For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (01-27-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:30 AM

My bf was one of the inmates transferred from Nevada to Saguaro and I haven't been able to put money on his books even tho I sent all my info to try to get on the approved list but in Nevada we had our visits suspended and I don't know if that is affecting me getting approved so if anyone could please let me know how to go about that, who can I call to appeal if that is indeed the reason I'm not on his approved list please and thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dasot13 For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (01-27-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 08:27 PM

If you're not on his approved list for Saguaro or your visits were suspended in Nevada, you won't be able to send him money. Saguaro is using Nevada's visiting list and Nevada's rules along with their own rules to house these guys. Do you have all the right info for sending money via western union because they use his commissary # for western union plus they have a specific institution # also. It was a pain to figure out for us. You may have to get someone on his approved list to do it for you. Wish I had better news for you. Good luck....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bchough For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (01-27-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (01-22-2018), patchouli (01-21-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,897 Times in 1,705 Posts

We've decided to put a sticky thread in the AZ prison specific forums for people who may have questions about Saguaro. Because it's housing inmates from both Hawaii and Nevada it's a tricky situation as to where to put the information. Also, the information outlined online between CoreCivic/Hawaii/Nevada seems to be pretty out of date so if those with experience would like to share relevant information on that thread it would be helpful and appreciated.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...65#post7695165
brunhilde (01-27-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 03:55 PM

Since I speak to my b/f on a daily basis (weekend calls Not allowed), if anyone has any specific questions or are trying to locate a certain inmate from Nevada, I can do my best to help you out. He's been incarcerated for quite sometime and is familiar with a lot of people. I usually check this site in the evenings and all I can do is try for you... It'll take me a couple of days to get back to you so be patient. I do know their yard is from 10am to noon.
The Following User Says Thank You to bchough For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (01-27-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Prison Valkyrie

Help please! Could you tell me about phone calls. I know that we are still using ics for calls but when setting up to receive the calls what dept do we list? It was Nevada dept of corrections for ely, is it now arizona dept of corrections? I just got the 60 second free call but cant put money on for calls until tomorrow at the earliest.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:14 PM

It would be under CoreCivic- Centurylink,TN
Old 02-10-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunhilde View Post
Help please! Could you tell me about phone calls. I know that we are still using ics for calls but when setting up to receive the calls what dept do we list? It was Nevada dept of corrections for ely, is it now arizona dept of corrections? I just got the 60 second free call but cant put money on for calls until tomorrow at the earliest.
Try calling the 800 number to add money for the phone until you get it straightened out. And Nevada inmates will still be governed by Nevada DOC policy.