Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Nevada prison, criminal justice system, as well as discuss legal topics

Old 12-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Prison Valkyrie

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Post 200 Inmates from NV transferred to private prison in AZ

My friend is one of those transferred. I have no idea where he is..how to contact him or how he can contact me. I am told after multiple phone calls and searches that he ( and most others who were moved) is most likely in Saguaro.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...es-to-arizona/
Boudicca 60 AD-I am fighting as an ordinary person for my lost freedom,my bruised body and my outraged daughters.Consider how many of you are fighting and why!Then you will win this battle, or perish.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2017, 09:40 PM
attorney

Thanked 19,807 Times in 7,128 Posts

That sucks. I really hate private prisons as they are all for profit and that profit comes at the expense of the prisoners. Use vinelink to get notifications. On chain, it can take a week or more to land in the transfer prison.

Try to breathe and relax. You will get back in touch with him. It will just take time.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Prison Valkyrie

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
That sucks. I really hate private prisons as they are all for profit and that profit comes at the expense of the prisoners. Use vinelink to get notifications. On chain, it can take a week or more to land in the transfer prison.

Try to breathe and relax. You will get back in touch with him. It will just take time.
Absolutely agreed that private prisons are just profit motivated, one can only hope that it might be better conditions than he had in Ely though. He has a parole hearing on Dec 13th. I find it ridiculous that they have transferred him now. I hope this is not an indication of how the hearing will go.

I had literally just been approved for visits after waiting 6 months between sending in the application and being approved and have been working out finances to go see him. I'm unsure if that approval will go with him or not. They said it will but we'll see.

I'm getting notifications from vine already. Thanks for the reply!
Boudicca 60 AD-I am fighting as an ordinary person for my lost freedom,my bruised body and my outraged daughters.Consider how many of you are fighting and why!Then you will win this battle, or perish.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:28 AM

It has been planned for a while but then happened quickly. I read an article by James Dzerunda NDOC Director and they have moved some out of State prisoners and gang members to make space. Try not to stress too much I am sure he will contact you as soon as he can
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
brunhilde (12-05-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,044 Posts

I saw a while back that the move was planned but I didn't know when it would happen. AZ seems to be the hot spot for private prisons housing out of state inmates. We have NV, HI, CA, ICE are all under CCA or CoreCivic and then we have GEO and the federal prisons housing immigration and several out of state contacts. The private prison game is a mess.

I hope you are able to locate your friend soon!