Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2017, 08:29 AM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Anyone ever sent books from site other than Amazon to a Colorado prison?

Has anyone ever sent books from any other site other than Amazon? Or does anyone know if you can ring a prison mail room and ask them?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-06-2017, 08:31 AM
judiwoo's Avatar
judiwoo judiwoo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada/UK
Posts: 924
Thanks: 199
Thanked 816 Times in 483 Posts
Default

I think every prison is different so I would call the mail room and ask
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
littledarkone (12-06-2017)
  #3  
Old 12-06-2017, 08:33 AM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Thanks for the reply Judiwoo. So I'm assuming the mailroom takes calls then?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2017, 08:39 AM
MizzyMuffling's Avatar
MizzyMuffling MizzyMuffling is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC & Germany
Posts: 1,911
Thanks: 1,818
Thanked 2,114 Times in 1,025 Posts
Default

I've sent books through eBay but not from private sellers though..
__________________
Follow your heart but take your brain with you...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MizzyMuffling For This Useful Post:
littledarkone (12-06-2017)
  #5  
Old 12-06-2017, 08:42 AM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

He's in AVCF in Colorado. I found a cute website called lovebookonline.com and asked them if they've ever shipped to prisons and they said they have but they've also had some sent back.
I think I'll try ringing the mailroom like Judiwoo suggested and ask them directly. Just wasn't sure if prison mailrooms took outside calls.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2017, 02:58 PM
dkjonaas dkjonaas is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
He's in AVCF in Colorado. I found a cute website called lovebookonline.com and asked them if they've ever shipped to prisons and they said they have but they've also had some sent back.
I think I'll try ringing the mailroom like Judiwoo suggested and ask them directly. Just wasn't sure if prison mailrooms took outside calls.
Hello,
My husband is in USP Leavenworth in Kansas. I only send books through amazon and only sold by amazon. I did send him a love book and it was excepted. He loved it!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dkjonaas For This Useful Post:
littledarkone (12-06-2017)
  #7  
Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjonaas View Post
Hello,
My husband is in USP Leavenworth in Kansas. I only send books through amazon and only sold by amazon. I did send him a love book and it was excepted. He loved it!
Aww this is so lovely to hear. Thanks for your reply and I'm so glad your husband enjoyed the book. I think my guy would LOVE it!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Revenwyn's Avatar
Revenwyn Revenwyn is offline
Married May 27, 2017!
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California, USA- Husband in Colorado
Posts: 501
Thanks: 374
Thanked 346 Times in 172 Posts
Default

My husband told me he could get books from Amazon but they have to be brand new and shrink wrapped still. Only paperbacks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2017, 04:37 PM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
My husband told me he could get books from Amazon but they have to be brand new and shrink wrapped still. Only paperbacks.
Hey Revenwyn thanks for the response. Yeah I sent a paperback but not from Amazon so I'm hoping it'll get through. Where is your husband located?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Revenwyn's Avatar
Revenwyn Revenwyn is offline
Married May 27, 2017!
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California, USA- Husband in Colorado
Posts: 501
Thanks: 374
Thanked 346 Times in 172 Posts
Default

He was at Cheyenne Mountain Re-entry Center (private prison) but is now across the parking lot at Community Alternatives of El Paso County (halfway house.) Currently we aren't allowed any correspondence.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 PM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
He was at Cheyenne Mountain Re-entry Center (private prison) but is now across the parking lot at Community Alternatives of El Paso County (halfway house.) Currently we aren't allowed any correspondence.
Aww I'm sorry to hear that :-( Does halfway house mean he's nearly home?

I live in Ireland and my guy is in AVCF. I'm going to visit next March for the first time. I'm so excited. Do you live in Colorado?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:31 AM
nancyginnm's Avatar
nancyginnm nancyginnm is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 816
Thanks: 534
Thanked 554 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
He's in AVCF in Colorado. I found a cute website called lovebookonline.com and asked them if they've ever shipped to prisons and they said they have but they've also had some sent back.
I think I'll try ringing the mailroom like Judiwoo suggested and ask them directly. Just wasn't sure if prison mailrooms took outside calls.
My husband was just transferred from AVCF. He was there for almost nine years. The mailroom there sucks and they are very strict. He can only receive books from the publisher directly or from some place like Amazon or Barnes & Noble. He cannot receive books from a private seller and the book has to be new. There has to be a receipt with the book or they will give him 10 days to provide the receipt and if he doesn't, they will either dispose of the book or send it back at his expense.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:34 AM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
My husband was just transferred from AVCF. He was there for almost nine years. The mailroom there sucks and they are very strict. He can only receive books from the publisher directly or from some place like Amazon or Barnes & Noble. He cannot receive books from a private seller and the book has to be new. There has to be a receipt with the book or they will give him 10 days to provide the receipt and if he doesn't, they will either dispose of the book or send it back at his expense.
Oh thanks so much for your reply nancyginnm. It's so nice to find someone who had a loved one in avcf. The book is from lovebookonline so they are the publishers. It's brand new paperback and they send the receipt with the book. They send to correctional facilities but obviously can't guarantee that it will get through. I tried calling the mail room but couldn't get through. It's good to know this though. Thanks x
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-11-2017, 03:28 AM
Revenwyn's Avatar
Revenwyn Revenwyn is offline
Married May 27, 2017!
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California, USA- Husband in Colorado
Posts: 501
Thanks: 374
Thanked 346 Times in 172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
Aww I'm sorry to hear that :-( Does halfway house mean he's nearly home?

I live in Ireland and my guy is in AVCF. I'm going to visit next March for the first time. I'm so excited. Do you live in Colorado?
I actually live in California. He was my best friend growing up and I married him after my first husband died.

Halfway house they have a curfew but are allowed to go places with permission, though they have to use approved routes and can only go to places they've been given a pass for.

Most states place them on parole before they go into halfway house but in some cases Colorado will let them go to halfway house before parole. He has to get a job and earn a certain amount of money before he can leave the halfway house. So far he doesn't have a job because they've been focusing on other things for him.

Also he is severely underweight (5'10" and 115 pounds (8 stone 3 pounds) and can't cope with most jobs that are available for felons, which tend to be hard labor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:24 AM
nancyginnm's Avatar
nancyginnm nancyginnm is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 816
Thanks: 534
Thanked 554 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
He's in AVCF in Colorado. I found a cute website called lovebookonline.com and asked them if they've ever shipped to prisons and they said they have but they've also had some sent back.
I think I'll try ringing the mailroom like Judiwoo suggested and ask them directly. Just wasn't sure if prison mailrooms took outside calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
Oh thanks so much for your reply nancyginnm. It's so nice to find someone who had a loved one in avcf. The book is from lovebookonline so they are the publishers. It's brand new paperback and they send the receipt with the book. They send to correctional facilities but obviously can't guarantee that it will get through. I tried calling the mail room but couldn't get through. It's good to know this though. Thanks x
If there is any kind of nudity in the book then the book will have to go to a "committee" for review. Depending on his crime, he may not be allowed to have it.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:26 AM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
If there is any kind of nudity in the book then the book will have to go to a "committee" for review. Depending on his crime, he may not be allowed to have it.
There's no nudity. It's actually a cartoon book where you create 2 stick figures and then put in different pages like.....I love you because blah blah blah. It's very cute. Nothing bad about it at all. It's on its way now so I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple of days
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-11-2017, 04:05 PM
nancyginnm's Avatar
nancyginnm nancyginnm is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 816
Thanks: 534
Thanked 554 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
There's no nudity. It's actually a cartoon book where you create 2 stick figures and then put in different pages like.....I love you because blah blah blah. It's very cute. Nothing bad about it at all. It's on its way now so I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple of days
If it's a cut out/activity book he probably won't get it. If you call the mail room the lady is rude. If you say something she does not like, I can guarantee you will start having problems with mail.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-11-2017, 04:07 PM
littledarkone's Avatar
littledarkone littledarkone is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 31
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
If it's a cut out/activity book he probably won't get it. If you call the mail room the lady is rude. If you say something she does not like, I can guarantee you will start having problems with mail.
It's not anything like that. It's just a book. Nothing overly fancy about it, doesn't even have colour in it hahaha you should look them up. They're really cute. Lovebookonline.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Books from Amazon? rnsgaig California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail 2 02-18-2017 06:26 AM
Books from Amazon arriving without an invoice, may ban Amazon as vendor? NyxNoir GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 12 01-31-2017 09:43 AM
Can I buy books from Amazon and get it sent? How can I donate books? rainbownurse GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 5 10-13-2016 04:22 PM
Anyone have problems sending books from Amazon to a Fed prison? ctabbott1947 Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 7 10-07-2012 08:39 PM
Can I Send books thru Amazon to Robertson TX Prison Unit? bliss39 Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status 2 05-03-2011 09:00 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics