Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:08 AM

Default How long does it take to get moved from Georgia Diagnostic & Classification

Please somebody can you help me figure out what to do for my Fiance. Heís been at GDCP for a week. I got his first letter yesterday and it was nothing but horror. He is an x cop and was supposed to be separated from general population but he said that he is in the H block and that its on 24/7 lock down and there are rats running in and out of the cells constantly and the other inmates on the block clogged up their toilets and flooded the entire block. Someone set a fire and they were breathing in smoke for awhile and no one bothered to get them out or get medical attention. He also said that the other inmates throw their Feces and pee and blood at other inmates and guards. Itís a complete horror show. There is no way that it is okay for them to let those inmates live like that. This canít be okay. There has to be something to be done. Please someone tell me something. Iím praying for his life and that he gets out of there and transferred to his permanent place soon. How long is it taking now for them to get out of there and to their permanent place. Any help would help ease my mind. I am 7 months pregnant and this is so stressful and Iím worried sick about my Fiance. Heís never been in any trouble and he didnít do what they are accusing him of doing he took a plea because of our baby and didnít want to risk being in there longer. He is supposed to serve 3 years. Heís never been in trouble in his life. This isnít fair and Iím desperate for answers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Savannah2016 For This Useful Post:
Jacobo'sWife (01-29-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2015, 06:32 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,619 Times in 778 Posts

I don't know anything about GA jails. I just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I wonder if any of his old co-workers would know how to help?
The Following User Says Thank You to shs76 For This Useful Post:
Savannah2016 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 11:01 AM

Is he in Jackson? My fiance was there for 5 weeks last November. But he went in right before Thanksgiving and was there thru Christmas so the Holidays slowed the process down for him. I have heard that they are getting them out of there a lot quicker than that now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ngdixon For This Useful Post:
Jacobo'sWife (01-29-2016), Savannah2016 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Yes he is in Jackson and I called up there several times today to speak with his counselor but I can't get through. I was told by someone there, not the counselor, that he should be moved "shortly" I don't know if that's days or weeks or what. But this waiting crap is killing me and Letters aren't enough because by the time I get the letter a few days has gone by and there is no telling what's happen. I just wish he could call so I could hear his voice and know he's okay.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:48 PM

I want to say my brother was there about 3 weeks. I think they say it can be anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Do you know how to check on the DCOR site? Go to dcor.state.ga.us. Click on Find Offender. If you have his GDC ID#, you can search for him. It will tell you where he is located. That way you can keep checking and know when he is at a new location. Prayers are with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scout139 For This Useful Post:
Jacobo'sWife (01-30-2016), Savannah2016 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 04:31 PM

Thank you very much. Yes I check that every day 100 times a day. This is just very stressful. I hope he does he get moved that quickly. We didn't expect this to happen so it was a shock when he got taken away at court 6 weeks ago. That was the last time I've seen him in person. We have a baby on the way and a son. I wish you best too with your brother I know this is hell.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:42 PM

My fiance was able to call me from the counselers office the day he reached his new camp. The website still showed him at Jackson for at least a week after he moved until they updated it. He told me tonight that the new guys coming in spent about 3 week's at Jackson so hopefully your guy will be moved soon. Jackson is pure hell and the worst part of the incarceration. It'll get easier. And you are right about the letters..took forever to get and the news was outdated. I used to stalk the mailman. Good news is hopefully your man will get paroled out soon and your nightmare will be over.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngdixon View Post
My fiance was able to call me from the counselers office the day he reached his new camp. The website still showed him at Jackson for at least a week after he moved until they updated it. He told me tonight that the new guys coming in spent about 3 week's at Jackson so hopefully your guy will be moved soon. Jackson is pure hell and the worst part of the incarceration. It'll get easier. And you are right about the letters..took forever to get and the news was outdated. I used to stalk the mailman. Good news is hopefully your man will get paroled out soon and your nightmare will be over.
I pray you are right about that and thank you so much for responding it really does help ease my mind a little. This is week two of him being there and all I've gotten is that one horrible letter. His dad called up to the prison yesterday and said they moved him to a better place area but he was still in protective custody. At least I know he's safe and hopefully a little better now. I won't feel totally better until I hear his voice. I will be looking forward to that call. Thank you again for your reply
Old 11-11-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah2016 View Post
Thank you very much. Yes I check that every day 100 times a day. This is just very stressful. I hope he does he get moved that quickly. We didn't expect this to happen so it was a shock when he got taken away at court 6 weeks ago. That was the last time I've seen him in person. We have a baby on the way and a son. I wish you best too with your brother I know this is hell.
Thanks for the well wishes. It has been a difficult period, for sure. This was totally unexpected for us as well. I will be praying for you and your baby.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scout139 For This Useful Post:
Savannah2016 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 05:18 AM

I got two more letters from my fiance yesterday and he sounded so much better. They moved him from that block to a more calmer area but he's still in protective custody. He says it's much better. He sounded more like himself and was talking about how he can't wait to be my husband so I know he's feeling better. The last part of the letter is dated Monday the 9th so I'm not sure what has happened since then but as of then he said they have not finished his diagnostics he hasn't seen a counselor or anything only had blood work done and they were waiting on that to come back. He's been there since Nov 3rd. Hopefully this week they have done the rest of his diagnostics so he can be moved soon. This is the hardest thing I've ever been through and according to him the guards treat them like crap and aren't willing to do the smallest thing like answer a question or sharpen a pencil. It's a shame. I keep praying for my fiance and all the other inmates. I'll update more when I hear from him again. Oh and he's getting my letters very quick. I send my first one out on the 4th and he got it on the 6th.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:47 AM

Good morning. Has anyone gotten any updates from their loved ones about being moved to their permanent place recently. My fiance has been there two weeks today and as of his last letter dared the 12th he still hasn't gone through the diagnostic like seeing his counselor etc. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or heard from their lo that's there now.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:27 PM

I've been reading your posts and I thought I would go ahead and register to participate in the discussion. My husband has been at Jackson for 5 weeks and 1 day. I know that's not what you wanted to hear. And it's certainly not what I wanted. I thought he would be transferred by now.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:31 PM

Also in the past 2 weeks I'm still getting his letters but he hasn't received my letter based on his last letters. He thinks I'm not writing to him. Not sure I understand why he's not receiving my letters past 2 weeks. I even sent one letter over night air mail and paid 16 dollars but as on last Friday when he dated his letter he hadn't received it, and that was 9 days after I sent it. He's been there for 5 weeks and 1 day and trust me I'm counting the days. It's really hard. I did well for the first few weeks but now it's starting to really get me down and depressed not being able to hear his voice this long.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:12 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. It's only been two weeks but I hate this so much. I don't know if it depends on where at in the prison he is. My fiance is in H block in protective custody because he used to be a cop. He's gotten three of my dozens of letters so far as of the 12th. I hate not hearing his voice too. I hope he gets your letters soon. Has he even gone through his diagnostics yet
Old 11-18-2015, 05:47 AM

Yes. He's been completely through with diagnostics 13 days ago. He's been, I think, 3 different places in the prison. He's in a dorm now with a phone but I can't figure out how to let his call come through. I'm not to worried about looking into it though because he should be leaving any day now.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:07 AM

Well I will pray for you guys that he does get moved very soon. My fiance is in a dorm with a phone too but they told him he can't make a call until he's been there 30 days. I set up a phone account with GTL anyway just to be safe. I just really want him moved asap so I can possibly see him on Christmas. I can't stand the thought of him being there alone on Christmas. I haven't seen him in person in over a month and a half. It's just really hard and the whole prison system just sucks and they don't care so there's not much you can do and thats the hard part. I feel so helpless. As of the 12th he only had blood work done. No orientation no counselor nothing else. I hope by now he has
Old 11-19-2015, 03:28 PM

update: I finally got to talk to my baby today On the phone. He was in his counselors office. He said they are moving him by Dec 3rd. Thats exactly a month
Old 11-21-2015, 01:14 PM

how did you get to talk to him through the counselor? i call gdcp and they give me the run around. im trying to find out his move date. do you know if they allow you to get married there.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:38 PM

He just called me. He hasn't been allowed phone calls and After he was done with talking to her he asked to call and she let him I guess it depends on the counselor or what not. I don't know about marriage I would say probably not while he's in diagnostic maybe try looking into it after he's been moved
Old 12-07-2015, 04:44 PM

My husband just got to jackson last week. He is in j dorm. Can anyone give me info on j dorm at jackson? Thank u
Old 12-06-2017, 08:17 PM

Default Anybody else

My Boyfriend Has Been There 2 Months And Still Hasnít Been Transfered .. And They Told Me I Cant Go See Him Because Im Not your immediate Family.. This Is The Absolute Worst.. I Thought It Only Take 4 Weeks Before A Transfer
Old 12-06-2017, 11:10 PM

Thanked 1,255 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattiejay View Post
My Boyfriend Has Been There 2 Months And Still Hasnít Been Transfered .. And They Told Me I Cant Go See Him Because Im Not your immediate Family.. This Is The Absolute Worst.. I Thought It Only Take 4 Weeks Before A Transfer
My son was there almost 2 months before he was moved. They do the evaluation first & that takes about 2 weeks. Then it's waiting on bed space for where he's going. I've been told they usually move on a Tuesday or Thursday but they never know far in advance.

As for visitation, it is limited to immediate family there, I believe. Has he done a visitor list for approval? There is a special one for non-immediate family members. His counselor should be able to help with that. From what I've been told, once he does the list & it's approved, you can go wherever he moves without him having to do a new form.

Hopefully, it won't be long til he moves. Once he does then you can get set up to visit.