Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:59 PM

Unhappy Discplinary Report

My loved one received a disciplinary report that resulted in his TPM being pushed back from May 2018 to May 2019. Is this possible to happen? Has it happened to anyone else loved one? Also, I emailed the webmaster and they informed me his PIC month is November 2018 and he has a total of 6 PIC points so I assume that's why his PIC month is now November 2018. The webmaster stated they will review his plan/case in November 2018. Is it possible they can review it before then? Anyone can shed some light on this situation?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 PM

Thanked 1,255 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoJac View Post
My loved one received a disciplinary report that resulted in his TPM being pushed back from May 2018 to May 2019. Is this possible to happen? Has it happened to anyone else loved one? Also, I emailed the webmaster and they informed me his PIC month is November 2018 and he has a total of 6 PIC points so I assume that's why his PIC month is now November 2018. The webmaster stated they will review his plan/case in November 2018. Is it possible they can review it before then? Anyone can shed some light on this situation?
Yes, they can move his TPM or deny it all together depending on circumstances. Here is the GA DOC guidelines on TPM.

How does the parole consideration process in Georgia work?
For inmates eligible for parole consideration and not sentenced to life, at the time of consideration, the Board may establish a Tentative Parole Month (TPM) for parole on a date in the future or the Board may deny parole entirely. The TPM represents a portion of the prison sentence the inmate should serve prior to release to parole. The Board may reconsider and change a prior decision in a case, for any reason, at any time, up to the time of release.
The Board considers all available information before granting a tentative parole month or TPM in a case. There is no set timeline for a decision to be made. Once the Board reaches a decision, the inmate will be notified and the inmate will be able to notify family. The parole consideration process includes investigations on the inmate that take time to complete. Next the case file is assigned to a Hearing Examiner, who studies it and calculates the Parole Decision Guidelines recommendation. (*see guidelines under Parole Selection)
Next the offender’s case file is given to one of the five Board Members, who studies it, deliberates alone, and renders his or her independent decision.
On non-life cases, Board Members determine whether the Guidelines recommendation for parole denial or for a tentative parole month (TPM) is appropriate or whether mitigating or aggravating factors should override the recommendation. The Board Member can determine more or less of the prison sentence should be served prior to parole.
The case file is then passed on to a second member and the process continues until the majority decision has been reached on whether or not to parole the individual, and if so, when.
If a TPM is set by the Board, that is a future tentative parole date. It is not a final parole grant and it does not guarantee that the inmate will be paroled.
At the time of the TPM, a final review of the case determines if a release date is set by the Board.
If the Board is inclined to consider parole for an inmate before service of one-third of the sentence, Georgia law requires the Board to write the sentencing judge, district attorney, and victim and give them ten days to express their views. If there is a protest, the Board Members consider any response from these individuals.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 08:16 AM

GaReform,
Thank you so much for this information.