Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:13 AM

Default Anyone have tips on halfway houses or faith-based institutional assistance?

Hi friends. I'm new at this and apologize if I do it wrong. My son who is 32, is getting out of Corcoran after 10 and looking to make a life in Fresno, Cal. Does anyone have any tips on halfway houses or faith-based institutional assistance?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,312 Times in 10,447 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you receive answers to your questions.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 14,197 Times in 5,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcomicguy2 View Post
Hi friends. I'm new at this and apologize if I do it wrong. My son who is 32, is getting out of Corcoran after 10 and looking to make a life in Fresno, Cal. Does anyone have any tips on halfway houses or faith-based institutional assistance?
Hi there. I've compiled a list of places for my husband to contact for re-entry services, some are faith-based others are not. I will attach it to this post. He also has a few more that he's contacted and if I find that info, I'll post. Keep in mind that because of the large number of folks needing services they can be very specific about the demographic they work with (ie: Location X may serve only offenders released in Kern County, Location Y may only serve men with children, ect.).
Attached Files
File Type: docx ParoleContacts.docx (14.6 KB, 14 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-10-2016), sidewalker (08-10-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:08 PM

Default Prison Fellowship Resources

Contact
Brenda Watson, Community Liaison
Prison Fellowship Re-Entry Center
4840 N. First St.
Fresno, CA 93726
559-221-6274
watsonbrenda4031@yahoo.com

She sent me info for Southern California before I got out. She sent me faith based and secular information. Prison Fellowship is awesome. If your son was involved in church services I am sure he is familiar with Prison Fellowship.
miamac (08-12-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Hi there. I've compiled a list of places for my husband to contact for re-entry services, some are faith-based others are not. I will attach it to this post. He also has a few more that he's contacted and if I find that info, I'll post. Keep in mind that because of the large number of folks needing services they can be very specific about the demographic they work with (ie: Location X may serve only offenders released in Kern County, Location Y may only serve men with children, ect.).
Hello there! I'm looking for community reentry men's home for my brother to parole t, in RIVERSIDE County. I'm having the most difficult time!! I've spoken to every state appointed office, brothers counselor and a few others. I'm being told Riverside County simply does not provide any reentry homes for people to parole to. I've found them in San Diego, LA County, tons up north and central Ca!! I'm very frustrated!! If anyone has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it!!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:01 PM

Default Parole housing info

Hi my son gets out soon he's from Sacto he will be homeless. Need info for placement housing or treatment place thank you .