Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:13 PM

Question Arizona Visitation info?

Hi,

I'm new here, my friend is in Camp Verde right now and we don't know where he will end up. He hasn't been sentenced yet.

His family and I have been trying to find out everything we can to be prepared, well as much as you can be. One question I have is once they are "housed" and are approved for visits how often can you visit? I read that visits are on weekends but it doesn't say if you can visit both days? No matter where he's sent it is almost 3 hours from me. Can I set up a visit on Saturday 12-4 and then on Sunday 8-12? Does it matter where he's at?

Thank you for any information and I look forward to getting to know you all.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2020, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,398 Times in 3,197 Posts

HERE is the link to the ADOC site, you'll find lots of info there.

Visitation has been cancelled in prisons across the US. No one know when they will open back up so visit rules/times, etc may change. https://corrections.az.gov/inmate-vi...on-application
Old 04-30-2020, 12:38 AM

Visitation is not the same at every prison. You’ll have to wait to know where he goes and his classification as well. Different phases have different privileges.

My man is at Yuma.
Visits are Sat, Sun and 4 hrs on Mondays.
Your phase determines the number of hours you are allowed visit. Holiday visits are like freebie hours. They don’t count towards your allowed hours.
If you wanted to show up for a 4 hour block each day you can. No scheduling required.
I usually stay the weekend and visit each day for 8 hours. Get the most out of my 3 hour drive.. hah

I’ve seen the visit schedule for Florence and am glad he didn’t go there cause I can’t seem to understand there set up. Ha.

Last edited by Ricoluv29; 04-30-2020 at 12:45 AM..
Old 04-30-2020, 07:07 AM

Visitations are currently cancelled throughout Arizona, however they do have video visits at almost every place, you will just have to wait until he gets where he is going, although i'm pretty sure you are still going to have to request approval.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
I usually stay the weekend and visit each day for 8 hours. Get the most out of my 3 hour drive.. hah

I’ve seen the visit schedule for Florence and am glad he didn’t go there cause I can’t seem to understand there set up. Ha.

You are able to visit 8 hours each day?! Wow! I hope that will be possible. From what I've read Florence is going to be closing right?
Old 05-01-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhalliburton View Post
You are able to visit 8 hours each day?! Wow! I hope that will be possible. From what I've read Florence is going to be closing right?
Yes. Sometimes I will stay the weekend and we get 16 hours together.
Ive read about that but I dont speak on those things I dont know for sure.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:36 PM

Which AZ prison locations currently have video visitation up and running?
Old 05-02-2020, 05:19 PM

if you have a jpay account you can see which ones. i believe a lot of them do. i heard winslow is getting then this month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernwgo View Post
Old 05-05-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think any do yet.
I know for sure Perryville and Yuma dont.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Today my man, at Yuma, said the COs are stating that they are trying to get video visits set up still and hopefully by next week they can start but they don’t even have tablets or kiosks there yet...
Old 05-10-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Winslow, Fort Grant unit in Safford, Tucson, Yuma. All had video visits today. I'm not sure when the rest of the prisons will get them but it's in the works. And tablets too are slowing coming online. In order to schedule a video visit you have to be an approved visitor on his list. Not just phone only. You call the visitation dept of his unit on Thursday's and Fridays only for a time slot. Video visit days are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesdays. If your prison isn't online yet, call the visitation dept and ask when. All prisons are supposed to have them until in person visitation is re instated.. You have to call every week to schedule. DOC will give 1 free 15 minutes video visit per week. This will be in going until in person Visitation is re instated. As of May 8th the continuous of suspension of visit has been extended to June 13th

Last edited by CharleysGirl; 05-10-2020 at 07:30 PM..
Old 05-10-2020, 07:50 PM
If everyone cared!
Donation Award 

Default Arizona Visitation info?

Families and friends participating in video visitation must have a valid email address, access to a desktop/laptop or a cell phone equipped with camera/mic, and the latest version of the Google Meet app. A meeting invitation code will be provided by the complex.

Last edited by gallega1211; 05-10-2020 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-10-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
Winslow, Fort Grant unit in Safford, Tucson, Yuma. All had video visits today. I'm not sure when the rest of the prisons will get them but it's in the works. And tablets too are slowing coming online. In order to schedule a video visit you have to be an approved visitor on his list. Not just phone only. You call the visitation dept of his unit on Thursday's and Fridays only for a time slot. Video visit days are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesdays. If your prison isn't online yet, call the visitation dept and ask when. All prisons are supposed to have them until in person visitation is re instated.. You have to call every week to schedule. DOC will give 1 free 15 minutes video visit per week. This will be in going until in person Visitation is re instated. As of May 8th the continuous of suspension of visit has been extended to June 13th
I had video visitation today and my man is at Eyman Meadows. It appears today was the first day they started these visits as they had some technical difficulties when the visit first started.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris’Girl For This Useful Post:
gallega1211 (05-10-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Hi,

I'm new here, my friend is in Camp Verde right now and we don't know where he will end up. He hasn't been sentenced yet.

His family and I have been trying to find out everything we can to be prepared, well as much as you can be. One question I have is once they are "housed" and are approved for visits how often can you visit? I read that visits are on weekends but it doesn't say if you can visit both days? No matter where he's sent it is almost 3 hours from me. Can I set up a visit on Saturday 12-4 and then on Sunday 8-12? Does it matter where he's at?

Thank you for any information and I look forward to getting to know you all.
After sentencing he will be transported to Alhambra. DOC claims they are quarantining for 21 days before they move them to a yard. I'm not so sure about that. From Alhambra he will be assessed and moved most likely to a 3 yard. Then you can start the visitation application processs. Even though visitation is currently suspended you can still start the application. It's taking up to 90 days for approvals right now. I prefer to mail the application in with $25 money order. It's faster. You mail it to the visitation officer of his respective yard once he's placed. Most yards have a Saturday/Sunday visit schedule but yes they differ. His visitation time will be determined by phase. When he 1st goes in he will be a phase 1. That's 1 15 minuate call a day. 1 4hour block of visit. After 6 months and he's ticket free(and other criteria) then he can phase up to phase 2. At phase 2 he will get 2 15. minute calls a day. 2 4hr blocks of visit. You don't call to schedule an appointment for a regular contact visit you just go at the designated time. The only time you call to schedule is for a non contact visit. That happens if they get into trouble.
The phone carrier is IC Solutions.
The Following User Says Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
hlhalliburton (05-25-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris’Girl View Post
I had video visitation today and my man is at Eyman Meadows. It appears today was the first day they started these visits as they had some technical difficulties when the visit first started.
Good to know Eyman is up and running. Too. I had a video visit in Yuma. They been running tests since Wednesday and started taking reservations Thursday and Friday. Mine was cut short, due to internet issues, but I didnt even care. I got to see his face
The Following User Says Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
Chris’Girl (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Good to know Eyman is up and running. Too. I had a video visit in Yuma. They been running tests since Wednesday and started taking reservations Thursday and Friday. Mine was cut short, due to internet issues, but I didnt even care. I got to see his face
Same here, I finally got a video visit yesterday. I can’t believe it’s been 3 long years since I’ve seen him. He looks way healthier. And he got to meet his daughter for the first time. I do hope they keep these video visits going for a little while longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to healingmother92 For This Useful Post:
Chris’Girl (05-18-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingmother92 View Post
Same here, I finally got a video visit yesterday. I can’t believe it’s been 3 long years since I’ve seen him. He looks way healthier. And he got to meet his daughter for the first time. I do hope they keep these video visits going for a little while longer.
It's been said they will remain at least until in person visit resumes. We all appreciate the video visits, but in the long run I hope they do not replace on person visit
Old 05-25-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
It's been said they will remain at least until in person visit resumes. We all appreciate the video visits, but in the long run I hope they do not replace on person visit
I agree.I loved seeing my husband on video visit, but I will take an in person visit any day.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
<snipped> I prefer to mail the application in with $25 money order. It's faster.

It's faster to snail mail the application than do it online?
Old 05-25-2020, 09:41 PM

Sadly, i have a feeling they will look into the possibility of replacing in person visits...
Less COs needed, easier to oversee, ability to record, might cut down on contraband coming in from visits(not sure how much actually comes through). Good for the COs...

Bad for loved ones and visitors...

My biggest question is WTH are they only 15 minutes?! When visitations are hours and multiple days a weekend.
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-30-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Sadly, i have a feeling they will look into the possibility of replacing in person visits...
Less COs needed, easier to oversee, ability to record, might cut down on contraband coming in from visits(not sure how much actually comes through). Good for the COs...

Bad for loved ones and visitors...

My biggest question is WTH are they only 15 minutes?! When visitations are hours and multiple days a weekend.

This is total BS in my book. We have to pay for the phone and video visits so I don't understand why they are limiting it. I've never had to deal with this before and I'm so looking forward to when I can actually visit and touch him! He's been in Camp Verde and all that's been allowed is video. I'm hoping that if they ever do decide to stop visiting on a regular basis we will be allowed to "pay" for visits.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:34 PM

Oh yes definitely. I think that since they are giving 2 free phone calls a week, the 15 minute visitation should be free and then you can pay for how long you want up tp a limit.
Quote:
This is total BS in my book. We have to pay for the phone and video visits so I don't understand why they are limiting it. I've never had to deal with this before and I'm so looking forward to when I can actually visit and touch him! He's been in Camp Verde and all that's been allowed is video. I'm hoping that if they ever do decide to stop visiting on a regular basis we will be allowed to "pay" for visits.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:58 PM

I can't believe how we have to fill out a freaking application to just be able to talk to them on the phone! That makes no sense since I believe they still monitor calls when they are in a prison. I know they do in county jail. It's going to suck going 60-90 days without talking or even videoing with him.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I can't believe how we have to fill out a freaking application to just be able to talk to them on the phone! That makes no sense since I believe they still monitor calls when they are in a prison. I know they do in county jail. It's going to suck going 60-90 days without talking or even videoing with him.
It shouldnt take that long. Mine was processed in less than 30 days.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:35 PM

There are rules about who is allowed to talk to someone who is incarcerated. The only way to find out what people do not meet the "criteria" is an application. It sucks, but every place does it. I believe they really only listen to phone calls of those who they suspect are doing illegal things via phone. it's impossible for them to listen to every single phone call that gets made daily.
I've seen every one here get approved in about a month or ish. I had issues where my application got lost and about 3 months had gone by but once i applied again, it took 2 weeks.
Your time will come quickly.
Quote: