Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhalliburton View Post
It's faster to snail mail the application than do it online?
Yes. It shaves off 2 weeks if waiting
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I can't believe how we have to fill out a freaking application to just be able to talk to them on the phone! That makes no sense since I believe they still monitor calls when they are in a prison. I know they do in county jail. It's going to suck going 60-90 days without talking or even videoing with him.
Hopefully you applied for visitation as well. You have to be an approved visitor to schedule a video visit. Depending on what facility yes it can take up to 90 days for approval. They been converting the computer system and now it's a disaster
Old 05-28-2020, 11:22 AM

They do a back ground check to make sure you aren't shady. The phones are always recorded, but only monitored by a real person if certain buzz words trip the computer to listen. Right low thr 15 minute video visits are free. Video visits permanently would be a double edged sword to DOC. Yes, it would cut the cost of CO's etc, BUT they lose all the money from the vending machines and the towns lose the money from far away visitors. The system they have in now is temporary. If they go to permanent video visits kiosks must be installed. At the moment they are seriously behind in the tablet distribution time line. We are hoping for both, but who knows what DOC will ultimately do
Old 05-28-2020, 11:25 AM

As far as drugs going in, they still are. Obviously not from the visitors
Old 05-28-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post

That just seems backwards Thank you for the information. As soon as he gets a number we will all be filling out applications.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
That just seems backwards Thank you for the information. As soon as he gets a number we will all be filling out applications.
If you do it online it goes to Central office. Then its routed to the respective yard. If you just mail it straight to the visitation dept if his yard it will go faster. Welcome to DOC! Where nothing they do makes a lick of sense. Make sure you apply for visitation so you can do video visits once approved
Old 05-29-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
If you do it online it goes to Central office. Then its routed to the respective yard. If you just mail it straight to the visitation dept if his yard it will go faster. Welcome to DOC! Where nothing they do makes a lick of sense. Make sure you apply for visitation so you can do video visits once approved

Ok, another question. How long will he be in Alhambra? I know we have to have his number to apply but if he's going to be there any length of time we'd be unable to send to where is going to be placed. This is all so confusing.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Ok, another question. How long will he be in Alhambra? I know we have to have his number to apply but if he's going to be there any length of time we'd be unable to send to where is going to be placed. This is all so confusing.
They usually dont stay at Alhambra long. They like to get them to the yards quickly. I'm not sure if they are doing quarantines at Alhambraor when they get to the yards or even at all. Realistically shouldn't be more then 30 days. Just keep.watching his sheet
Old 05-29-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
You have to wait til he is placed in his home prison to apply. Once placed apply. I checked the DOC site like everyday lol
Old 05-31-2020, 04:06 PM

How do you know when they are at the "home"? Is it listed on the DOC site? If I do check daily will it basically tell me when he is transferred out of Alhambra?

You have no idea how much all this information means to me, and his family.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
How do you know when they are at the "home"? Is it listed on the DOC site? If I do check daily will it basically tell me when he is transferred out of Alhambra?

Yes it will.
I only knew because I checked all the time he wasn’t able to get a free call to me until like 3 days after placed and said he had to struggle just to get that call.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:

After he gets to his yard, he may or may not get a free call home. It depends on his CO3. It's not a required thing. You will need to get money on his books so he can get food and hygiene items. Also writing materials so you can communicate until you are approved for phone and visit. You must be an approved visitor to participate in the video visits. You will need to create an account with IC Solutions for phone.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:36 PM

Hope someone finds this useful:

Latest Alhambra info is that it is taking a minimum of 14 to 21 days with covid with about a month being typical. They will provide writing material so they can write you. You are also able to write them. If mail gets there after they have been transferred, it will be forwarded to them.

You are also able to set up accounts and start putting money on their books as soon as they have an inmate number,they just aren't allowed to spend while in intake.

Last edited by ShawnsWife2020; 06-22-2020 at 07:39 PM..
Old 06-23-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnsWife2020 View Post
Hope someone finds this useful:

Latest Alhambra info is that it is taking a minimum of 14 to 21 days with covid with about a month being typical. They will provide writing material so they can write you. You are also able to write them. If mail gets there after they have been transferred, it will be forwarded to them.

You are also able to set up accounts and start putting money on their books as soon as they have an inmate number,they just aren't allowed to spend while in intake.

Thank you so much for the information. We're being told he has to be in isolate in Camp Verde before they transfer him down to Alhambra. If we can write him it will help while he's there.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for the information. We're being told he has to be in isolate in Camp Verde before they transfer him down to Alhambra. If we can write him it will help while he's there.
Glad it helped. I've been searching out so much info lately and making so many calls to figure things out