Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:44 AM

Post JPay - include address every time?

Hi,

So I wrote to someone in Texas for the first time the other week via JPay, I included my address and he wrote back the other day. I have now replied again via JPay but this time didnít include my address as I assumed he would have kept my first letter with my address in. Now Iím worrying that perhaps he isnít allowed to keep the letters and I was supposed to include my address in every single JPay?
I know when you physically write a letter you put it on the envelope but wasnít sure about JPay. Surely inmates can keep their letters in case they want to read them again/keep info

Can anyone advise??
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2020, 02:17 AM
Donation Award 

I would recommend you to put the address on every single letter (JPay)! I wrote a guy in TX in January, he replied and then I went and answered in Febuary and didn't put the address on JPAY, he wasn't able to answer before April because staff had his stuff and he needed to wait for a long time to get it back to look up on my address from my previous letter. He pleased me to put the address on every letter so long as he can memorize my address. Through covid I received his letter this week (Europe)... ! Well normally they have there stuff and old letters, but it can happen for some reason that is not able to pick it up fast, like in my case. If you are worried you can go and send another letter letting him know that you forgot to put the return address on it.. :-) ! Not sure if letters are now working faster to our side of the pond, but I still use JMAIL.CC and gave him this address too from my virtual postal box, because I use that service anyway to communicate with a close friend in another state.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:14 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahlouise007 View Post
Hi,

So I wrote to someone in Texas for the first time the other week via JPay, I included my address and he wrote back the other day. I have now replied again via JPay but this time didnít include my address as I assumed he would have kept my first letter with my address in. Now Iím worrying that perhaps he isnít allowed to keep the letters and I was supposed to include my address in every single JPay?
I know when you physically write a letter you put it on the envelope but wasnít sure about JPay. Surely inmates can keep their letters in case they want to read them again/keep info

Can anyone advise??
Yes, theyíre allowed to keep their letters in TDCJ. It may be that the sending/receiving mail is slow just now or it may be that he just hasnít taken the time to sit down and write.
Some of us are good about replying to a letter with promptness and some of us are a bit moody (me included) due to our circumstances in there. Like you said, he has your address and knows how to contact you so, just be patient.