Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Oregon, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,812 Times in 3,812 Posts
Default Inmates sue Oregon DOC

https://www.opb.org/news/article/ore...ovid-response/
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2020, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Default Lawsuit re: Covid 19

A lawsuit is in progress, put together by inmates, for the lack of Covid 19 precautions being taken. I'll try to update as information arrives.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-14-2020), patchouli (09-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 07:26 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
A lawsuit is in progress, put together by inmates, for the lack of Covid 19 precautions being taken. I'll try to update as information arrives.
Thanks for this info. There have been few precautions taken at OSP...
Old 09-15-2020, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Right now, Snake River is the worst of the prisons. They're considered a "hot spot" and are finally starting to test everyone, AIC and staff alike.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:56 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Right now, Snake River is the worst of the prisons. They're considered a "hot spot" and are finally starting to test everyone, AIC and staff alike.
They just took 1,400 prisoners from three facilities to OSP because of the fires and it was a circus. Not enough room, fights, food delays and lockdowns. It will be interesting to see how many new cases they get from people sleeping shoulder to shoulder...
Old 09-16-2020, 10:06 PM
Until the end

I've had to deal with this too. CCCF had an inmate test positive as part of her release plan while they were evacuating to Deer Ridge. She had already intermingled with other inmates before they sent her back. Now, on type of fires, the smoke, now I have to deal with this. I don't know what other options they had though. What could have been better? What happens if that fire got close? This is all just a beating to deal with as we now approach 7 months without visitation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-17-2020), RaeLR (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Donation Award 

Visitor, I hear you. This has been a tough one!!! They have been on lockdown since the new guests arrived because of the rioting, so I am lucky to get an email every day. There has been a lot of stress this year, for sure. Shows how tough we all are))) A good opportunity to practice unconditional love))))
The Following User Says Thank You to RaeLR For This Useful Post:
Visitor611 (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 08:44 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeLR View Post
Visitor, I hear you. This has been a tough one!!! They have been on lockdown since the new guests arrived because of the rioting, so I am lucky to get an email every day. There has been a lot of stress this year, for sure. Shows how tough we all are))) A good opportunity to practice unconditional love))))
There's been a lot of people to criticize DOC for the last 2 weeks, but Oregon doesn't have dozens of prisons, and they have one female one. I get that it sucked, but moving 3000 people at various times in close proximity is a monumental challenge, and they did it with 48 hours of prep time. Add with where we are at with commutation now, and I barely function through each day. Can we not see our people through glass? I'm so beaten down.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

I'm missing my visits with the guys as well, Visitor. But I'm trying very hard to focus on the positive - at least they didn't end up victims of the fires.

Now if we could get the staff and all inmates to wear masks...
Old 09-18-2020, 03:35 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
There's been a lot of people to criticize DOC for the last 2 weeks, but Oregon doesn't have dozens of prisons, and they have one female one. I get that it sucked, but moving 3000 people at various times in close proximity is a monumental challenge, and they did it with 48 hours of prep time. Add with where we are at with commutation now, and I barely function through each day. Can we not see our people through glass? I'm so beaten down.
Stay strong, this too will pass. I hate the new email system because it is much slower but it is what it is. He doesn't have phone time right now because they are locked down and it seems to just get more and more difficult to communicate (we started the year with him in the hole). I decided to deal with the stress by planning Christmas. Want to join me? I am coming up with some fun ideas to implement because, hopefully, things are better by then. And, if they are not, then my love will get some joy in his life. Let's hatch plots)))
Old 09-19-2020, 01:02 AM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeLR View Post
Stay strong, this too will pass. I hate the new email system because it is much slower but it is what it is. He doesn't have phone time right now because they are locked down and it seems to just get more and more difficult to communicate (we started the year with him in the hole). I decided to deal with the stress by planning Christmas. Want to join me? I am coming up with some fun ideas to implement because, hopefully, things are better by then. And, if they are not, then my love will get some joy in his life. Let's hatch plots)))
You experience something different. A vast majority of our messages are delivered within 10 minutes of it being sent. I'm assuming because its the smaller number. Someone at each facility has to approve everything I'm guessing. This is what I feel like the world is doing to me . This wasn't awful when we spent 5 nights in the plain ass visiting room a week. You are already planning christmas?! What did you have in mind? With how Oregon is on its phased reopening, I have this feeling we aren't going to get visits until a vaccine comes out.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:54 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
You experience something different. A vast majority of our messages are delivered within 10 minutes of it being sent. I'm assuming because its the smaller number. Someone at each facility has to approve everything I'm guessing. This is what I feel like the world is doing to me . This wasn't awful when we spent 5 nights in the plain ass visiting room a week. You are already planning christmas?! What did you have in mind? With how Oregon is on its phased reopening, I have this feeling we aren't going to get visits until a vaccine comes out.
I think you could be right about visits. Depressing. I always plan for a great Christmas and somehow it never pans out (last year he was in the hole) but I keep trying. I want to send something every day, pics, card, thoughts, maybe puzzle pieces with some message, etc., during the month of December. I decided to start getting stuff together early because it gives me something to smile about. I was also thinking to look over the commissary list and find some recipes of things they can make in there with the ingredients. I sent a prison cookbook a couple of years ago and the guys pooled their resources to make a big Christmas meal (didn't work either because they ended up in lockdown). I don't know if you send her racy photos but, if you do, then maybe that's the thing you can give her every day))) I can't get racy letters past the mailroom or I would write one hell of a Christmas story. Haha. This is definitely not the life for the faint of heart. Stay strong, this will pass... Put on your thinking cap and start having some fun!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to RaeLR For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-21-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 11:13 PM

my guy's celly made it on the governor's list and has been recommended for early release, going home in a month!! apparently the sentence he'd originally received was totally disproportionate to the crime (surprise, surprise!).

at least they are taking some measures in response to the lawsuits that have arisen.
The Following User Says Thank You to *Precious* For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Congrats!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
*Precious* (10-21-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 06:43 PM

Default approval delay!!

Quote:
Congrats!!!
last week, my guy's celly was told that the approval hasn't been signed off yet, maybe this week... even though he was told weeks ago that he'd be released today. :/

in another turn of events, my guy might also be released pretty quick as well when we thought we had months to go still!!! so much to prepare for and try to figure out. ideally, i'd love if we could get him to canada but there are some barriers to that ever happening, never mind the cross-border restrictions under the pandemic. but we know we have much to look forward to regardless!!
fbopnomore (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Precious* View Post
last week, my guy's celly was told that the approval hasn't been signed off yet, maybe this week... even though he was told weeks ago that he'd be released today. :/

in another turn of events, my guy might also be released pretty quick as well when we thought we had months to go still!!! so much to prepare for and try to figure out. ideally, i'd love if we could get him to canada but there are some barriers to that ever happening, never mind the cross-border restrictions under the pandemic. but we know we have much to look forward to regardless!!
Yep, my wife was supposed to be today. She's been told that its a Thursday in December. Super helpful.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Yep, my wife was supposed to be today. She's been told that its a Thursday in December. Super helpful.
oof! sorry to hear it!!! hang in there!!! i hope you and she are holding to the gift that will be in your reunion!!!

even if no approval is forthcoming that will see my guy out this year under the early release orders... his new release date is still appreciated, cutting our remaining time in half! we'll take it!
Old 11-19-2020, 10:44 PM
Until the end

Quote:
oof! sorry to hear it!!! hang in there!!! i hope you and she are holding to the gift that will be in your reunion!!!

even if no approval is forthcoming that will see my guy out this year under the early release orders... his new release date is still appreciated, cutting our remaining time in half! we'll take it!
Well if you hear anything, please put it on here. I'll do the same. Other prisons hear news sooner than others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
*Precious* (11-21-2020), GingerM (11-20-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Well if you hear anything, please put it on here. I'll do the same. Other prisons hear news sooner than others.
will do!!! thank you!!!
Old 11-24-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
so it sounds like anyone being considered for the governor's list has received a memo from their counsellor... basically, saying that they have a lot of files they are processing from the governor's list (200 of them?) and they are working to process and make a decision. basically, my guy said he feels better knowing that he's still being considered and hasn't actually been denied for early release.

people on that list will be notified as any decision is made once/week as they work through them. if you aren't notified on dec. 3, then maybe dec. 10.

so yeah, a thursday.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:42 AM
Until the end

Quote:
so it sounds like anyone being considered for the governor's list has received a memo from their counsellor... basically, saying that they have a lot of files they are processing from the governor's list (200 of them?) and they are working to process and make a decision. basically, my guy said he feels better knowing that he's still being considered and hasn't actually been denied for early release.

people on that list will be notified as any decision is made once/week as they work through them. if you aren't notified on dec. 3, then maybe dec. 10.

so yeah, a thursday.
There's more than just this batch too. There's another group going out January/February.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:11 PM

sounds like a couple of guys have gotten letters that indicate that they were not approved for early release from the governor's list. they seemed to have released some before though, didn't they? anyway, hoping that they're not all about to get letters like that. still waiting on news but we know his time is short regardless.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Until the end

Quote:
sounds like a couple of guys have gotten letters that indicate that they were not approved for early release from the governor's list. they seemed to have released some before though, didn't they? anyway, hoping that they're not all about to get letters like that. still waiting on news but we know his time is short regardless.
There's always going to be a few that don't have a place to go or have sketchy conduct. A woman lost her early release because of drugs through the mail scheme. Thanks for the update.
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

Quote:
There's always going to be a few that don't have a place to go or have sketchy conduct. A woman lost her early release because of drugs through the mail scheme. Thanks for the update.
oh for sure but i wouldn't assume rhyme or reason anyhow!! i'll let ya know if i hear anything else. hoping you and your wife have news about her homecoming soon!!!
Visitor611 (Yesterday)