Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Bryan Federal Prison Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bryan Federal Prison Camp Topics & Discussions relating to the Women's Federal Prison Camp located in Bryan, Texas

Old 02-22-2018, 07:34 AM

You'll get pajamas for sleeping. When I was there, they were cotton, maroon, short-sleeved, long legs. And when it was colder, you can wear long johns under. Absolutely no changing in the room (really, it's nothing like a "cell" Picture a 2-story motel where all the doors open onto a courtyard, except the courtyard is inside. The whole unit felt like a huge gym, with rooms around the edges). You'd get "extra duty" if caught, primarily because half the COs (Correction Officers) are male. So yes, you go to the bathroom to change, and yes, a lot of back and forth, but you'll have plenty of time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient2 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-22-2018), JeniH (02-23-2018), Minor activist (02-22-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2018, 12:38 AM

My time is growing near. We (mom, my son, and me) are getting anxious. I don't think I am scared. I just don't know what I don't know I think. Praying for strength and courage to undertake what lies ahead. I hope I can get through this without trouble with other inmates, CO's, and the rest of the staff. Seems like a lot to have to traverse.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeniH For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 07:47 AM

Think of how you entered any other new situation: a new job, school, a new neighborhood. There are good and bad people everywhere and you choose your friends and acquaintances carefully. Same thing at Bryan. You will not be accosted in the bathroom (if you watched Orange is the New Black, forget it; if you haven't watched, don't!). I rarely had any interaction with the very few "bad" girls, and then only in passing. They tend to stay amongst themselves. A camp is a very good way to do time, and any serious problems will cause the offender to be shipped to a higher security facility. That happened only a couple of times while I was there. So even the problem people don't want to mess that up. Just go about your business, be friendly but cautious, and you'll be fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient2 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-23-2018), JeniH (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 08:47 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,355 Times in 11,853 Posts

You will be overwhelmed at first, but you will be surprised at how quickly the prison life will become your new normal. Prison etiquette, how you carry yourself with the other prisoners, and staff members will be the biggest factor in how you are treated.