Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Minnesota.

Old 02-24-2020, 01:14 AM

Default FMC ROCHESTER - Microwaves?!

So I was speaking with my other half, and he wanted me to reach out regarding the fact that they're taking away the microwaves from the inmates at the end of March.

"I kept on stressing over them taking the microwaves at the end of next month. I think I am going to file on it as I believe it is an improper removal of properly purchaced equipment through our own trust fund. Also it will end up causing more problems taking them out than it will to just keep them in. People are going to find a way to do their own cooking with or without a microwave and some of them will be more sketchy than others."

Also they're apparently not allowing this particular memo to be printed off, which is also sketchy. Has anyone heard anything about this? Is there anything that can be done from the outside about this?

Also, sorry if this isn't the right area for this.

Never give up, never surrender, never stop loving.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,651 Times in 13,589 Posts

All I know is that FCI Loretto hasn't had microwaves for years, the home of contraband popcorn and tap water instant coffee. When I was there the unicor plant made wiring harnesses for military aircraft, but they also made illegal "stingers", coils that heated water for cooking.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:16 AM

The inmates there don't actually do anything while they're there, and the fact that the warden is just doing this for no reason now is kind of upsetting.

Never give up, never surrender, never stop loving.