Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 AM

Lightbulb Houses/Apts/Condos that accept Felons And Parole question

Hello all,

I haven't seen a updated post on this. Does anyone know of places and/or websites I could search that would accept Felons in the Phoenix area? My loved one will be home in in about 7 months. Craigslist is coming up empty.

*Also, does anyone know how it will work for parole and interview process? There's no updated threads on here. Do they contact the owner if you rent a house? How about contacting HOA for a house? I live in a apartment now...will they contact my office to ask?

Any suggestions and comment are appreciated Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4him21 View Post
Hello all,

I haven't seen a updated post on this. Does anyone know of places and/or websites I could search that would accept Felons in the Phoenix area? My loved one will be home in in about 7 months. Craigslist is coming up empty.

*Also, does anyone know how it will work for parole and interview process? There's no updated threads on here. Do they contact the owner if you rent a house? How about contacting HOA for a house? I live in a apartment now...will they contact my office to ask?

Any suggestions and comment are appreciated Thanks all!
I'm in that boat with you....my LO told me that his name doesn't have to be on the lease but that parole will contact the landlord to verify that he is allowed to live there. I was told by several people that it is easier to rent a house rather than an apartment; the easiest way would be to buy something but my credit sucks monkey foot so that's not an option for me.
Whatever anyone posts here, I'm definitely interested in answers as well
We'll be in Phoenix, too.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,009 Times in 1,501 Posts

So, when my husband cane home last time, I was in Phoenix... His PO did not contact my landlord. It was up to me. It is really hard to find housing out there for a felon. The best chance is to rent from a private landlord. The management companies set up crime free and that knocks out felons. It is really rough.
waiting4him21 (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB View Post
So, when my husband cane home last time, I was in Phoenix... His PO did not contact my landlord. It was up to me. It is really hard to find housing out there for a felon. The best chance is to rent from a private landlord. The management companies set up crime free and that knocks out felons. It is really rough.
----------
Thank you, do you live in a home or an apartment? I'm thinking to rent a house instead or an apartment, but worry they will contact the owner of the home
Old 11-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,009 Times in 1,501 Posts

When he was arrested again, I moved back to Illinois where I own my home. Took the landlord out of it. Keep in mind that if you don't tell your landlord he is a felon and it is discovered, you can be evicted.
waiting4him21 (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB View Post
When he was arrested again, I moved back to Illinois where I own my home. Took the landlord out of it. Keep in mind that if you don't tell your landlord he is a felon and it is discovered, you can be evicted.
Not not can you be evicted but he could be violated and get locked up again. So this needs to be figured out prior to moving anywhere.....
Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 PM

I just went through this process. PO needed the manager of my apt to sign off that they know he is coming home and planned on living with me. My current place refused to sign. They would verbally acknowledge but not actually sign. I had to find a new apt. Cost me double the move in but worth it for that signature from the management to allow him to live there. The landlord tenant association, PO, and lawyers suggested I rent a home since they deal with the one owner rather than the management company. I ended up going through a rental agency to find a place. Found a place within 24 hours and had to re-file with the interstate compact with the new address. Praying this last piece doesn't bring anymore surprises but as of now the PO said it looks on track for him to come home to AZ from CA in 48 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyluv4life For This Useful Post:
waiting4him21 (11-10-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 11:15 PM

I heard this complex doesn't discriminate..
http://www.themontegoapts.com/

ETA...not the best area though. :/

Last edited by TandE; 11-09-2016 at 11:23 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to TandE For This Useful Post:
waiting4him21 (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 06:17 PM

Thank you very much for your advice!
Old 11-10-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyluv4life View Post
I just went through this process. PO needed the manager of my apt to sign off that they know he is coming home and planned on living with me. My current place refused to sign. They would verbally acknowledge but not actually sign. I had to find a new apt. Cost me double the move in but worth it for that signature from the management to allow him to live there. The landlord tenant association, PO, and lawyers suggested I rent a home since they deal with the one owner rather than the management company. I ended up going through a rental agency to find a place. Found a place within 24 hours and had to re-file with the interstate compact with the new address. Praying this last piece doesn't bring anymore surprises but as of now the PO said it looks on track for him to come home to AZ from CA in 48 days.
--------

This very was helpful! Thank you!
Old 12-16-2016, 09:47 PM

I've been reading the replies here. I'm wondering if I should go thru a rental agency as well to find housing for my brother. He's living with my mom and it's not working out. His PO says he can move anywhere but he can only afford $500 a month, which will probably be a room for rent. Any suggestions? He is in Queen Creek and has to rent something in Pinal County. I am running out of options. Is there anyone out there that can help him and me out?