Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:24 PM

Default Good time / time to serve. Does Arizona do 85%? Can he get out earlier?

My husband was sentenced to 5 years with one year credit. He has done 2 years just wondering is az does the 85% and how would I know if he can get out with doing 85%?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,565 Times in 1,571 Posts

In AZ you are sentenced to either flat time which is day for day, you serve every bit of your sentence....or 85% time. He would have been told at sentencing which he got. Certain crimes are ineligible for 85% time and require flat time. You should also be able to tell which he got by looking up his profile on the ADC inmate locator. If he was sentenced to 85% time he'll do just over 4 years.
maytayah (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 06:04 PM
here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
You should also be able to tell which he got by looking up his profile on the ADC inmate locator. If he was sentenced to 85% time he'll do just over 4 years.
That's if they entered it correctly. My husband is serving flat time and almost a year after sentencing they still have release dates listed as if he's eligible for 85%. I've been assured that eventually they'll figure it out and get it correct but in the mean time, dead wrong.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:09 PM

I don't remember them saying anything about it at sentencing just that would get a year credit. Is public defender did say that he would end up only doing 3 1/2 but on the website it's says release date 4/10/19 but he won't in on Jan 7 2015 so that would still have them adding a couple of months