Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:23 PM

Smile Are there rules for the person the parolee is living with?

I realize parolees have rules but so does the person that is allowing the parolee to stay.

What happens if the parolee never shows up at the location of where he was supposed to go to?

What happens if they never makes it to the parole office?

Do the home owners get into trouble? Do they gotta call the cops and say well he didn't make it here?

Do they put a ankle bracelet on them before they get out?

Do the family members gotta sign something agreeing to rules that they gotta follow by like if saying they are dirty on drugs or if they are late or they aren't finding a job? Or does the parolee get the blame for everything?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2017, 07:41 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,258 Times in 15,262 Posts

What happens if the parolee never shows up at the location of where he was supposed to go to?

When the PO figures out that the parolee isn't living where s/he's supposed to be living, its a violation of their parole. What happens in the aftermath is dependent on many factors.

What happens if they never makes it to the parole office?

A warrant is issued for absconding. When caught, no matter how long it takes, the time the parolee was absconding doesn't count off the sentence.

Do the home owners get into trouble? Do they gotta call the cops and say well he didn't make it here?

No, not usually, the homeowner does not get in trouble. They don't have to call the Parole Officer, but they most certainly can if they want.

Do they put a ankle bracelet on them before they get out?

I'm not sure that every parolee gets an ankle bracelet, but some do.

Do the family members gotta sign something agreeing to rules that they gotta follow by like if saying they are dirty on drugs or if they are late or they aren't finding a job? Or does the parolee get the blame for everything?

The Parolee is responsible for his/her parole, for following the rules and for reporting. The parolee signs off on their rules / restrictons at the first PO meeting. The homeowner signs nothing (or at least, I have never had to sign anything)

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-15-2017), Ms Sunny (04-11-2018), nimuay (11-15-2017), xolady (11-15-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 09:31 AM
here

There could be some restrictions a home owner will have to follow. If the parole is a convicted felon, there can be no firearms in the house. You can own them, but they have to stay somewhere else. Also, Arizona often places alcohol restrictions on all, regardless of crime, so the PO may insist that there be no alcohol there as well. That one is more hit and miss, and usually dependent on the PO.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-20-2017), patchouli (11-19-2017), xolady (05-06-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,212 Times in 468 Posts

I am not sure if it was parole or probation because he wasn't in custody but he had a felony plea that would have resulted in his record being cleared if he had behaved for 6 years, which he didn't, and which upon violation would put him into prison. He transferred here from another state and the local department took his case. I had to sign to no alcohol, no firearms, and no other weapons (no hunting knife, no bb gun, no bow and arrow, and those types of things) and that I was agreeing to let him live with me.

A homeowner, who does not reside in the home (and does not store anything on the property), and is renting out the home or letting another family member live there who has agreed to take in the parolee, would have no responsibility.

They do random checks to make sure they are home at curfew time and that there is no alcohol, drugs, weapons, in the home. The parolee has to call each day to see if they have to get their butts down there for a drug test. They can call you to see if everything is going ok, but you don't have to volunteer information, just don't lie and don't avoid giving an answer. "Yes, sir. He is home every day by __ pm and goes into his bedroom between 8 and 9. In the morning he is up ready for his ride to work at 7." (the fact, he was sneaking out after I went in my bedroom ---- you didn't ask me that).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-11-2018), patchouli (04-11-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 08:36 PM

Honestly my boyfriend has lived with me since December and I’ve never met his P.O. signed anything or Agreed to anything that’s all on him. Nobody came and did a house check or a lease check or anything. When he left the halfway apartment he was in she just approved his move here. She has been out to the house twice one time just my 16 yo son was home and another my boyfriend was home alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-11-2018), patchouli (04-11-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,212 Times in 468 Posts

I suspect counties vary on how they handle this, the number of cases they have impact how much they can follow up.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
xolady (05-06-2018)