Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Donation Award 

It can't hurt.

Kelly

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2004, 10:06 PM

For those who are interested, Proposition 66 will only release about 4500 prisoners. All Third Strikers. All non-violent and non-serious. Contrary to what Bill Reynolds is saying, it will not release 25,000 prisoners!! It does not apply to 2nd strikers (per ACLU attornies who recently reviewed the proposition). I am the chapter chair for FACT's in the Inland Empire (Upland, Rancho, Fontana and Rialto) and was advised by another individual who works in the state office. So, please spread the truth. Some will come home, but not the thousands predicted.

Blessings to all,
Bonnie
I Chronicals 9:33 - These are the singers, heads of the fathers' houses of the Levites, dwelling in the temple chambers, free from any other service because they were on duty day and night.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:22 PM

The latest out of rumor central is that the county used to house state inmates when the state institutions were full, at the states expense. Apparently they aren't allowed to remain in county and/or it is more expensive to house them in county so a large group that would normally remain in county are being sent to CDC.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:47 AM

Well they are now at Lancasters dayrooms. 40 men per dayroom. This means less time out for inmates. My sons job also got cut because of these men being in the day use room. He was a porter and rec clerk. Deb
Old 07-20-2004, 03:40 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts

To anyone

Im wondering what if they let the lifers that have a possibility to parole and have done 15 years or so and were first time offenders? My husband got sentenced to 25 to life for a shooting that he committed when he was 18 he's now 31. These are the type are less likely to go back since they have had a long time to actually reflect. Or maybe all the lifers that have parole dates and are to old to even do any harm. It would probably be cheaper to give them ssi or something than to keep in there. Just a thought. Maybe just a little naive, but don't hurt.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Queen@Big Daddys Kingdom

Freedon Angel: I was told by an attorney that some of those that were "enhanced" (doubled) for something that would no longer be considered a strikeable offence (which is just about any thing in California now) would be eligible to be resentenced. Not just 25 to life inmates. And I think that the 3rd strike inmates that are there for violent felonies will not be effected. They are not trying to change the law just trying to restore it to its original intention.

Last edited by Mrs.L; 07-20-2004 at 06:41 PM..