Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
chevsmama

Default lancaster problems

hi all, thanks for the welcome. my son is in lancaster prison and having problems. the guards are saying they can take away their personal clothing like tank tops because it's sexual harrassment to the female guards. they want to reduce soap to 2 bars and take away any personal soap--that got in by quarterly legal packages--as well as q-tips. my son said tempers are flaring, they feel dehumanized. there are no vocational or ged programs. help--any thoughts are welcome. chevsmama
Old 04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Sorry, but i havent got any advice right now... I just wanted to welcome you to PTO!!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:34 PM

My son is at Lancaster. I haven't heard of this yet but I will write him and find out. He is in the GED program though. He has been going to school for about a year. He has already taken the GED once. He missed it by 3 questions. I'll get back to you if i hear anymore. He does say the gaurds do treat them like crap. He does feel dehumanized by them. Deb
Old 08-05-2005, 01:49 AM

My husband as well said the gaurds are very disrespecting to the inmates. During our visits we had been reminded not to sit, kiss, or even hold each other. It's soo bad! One officer had actually told me before our next visit that he was trying to revoke our visits for the minor issues of embracing in each other. I came to find out that even my responce excepting his word with respect and zero touching from then on, the same office was harrasing my husband on the yard (strip search in the open) and ransacking his cell with no reason. It breaks my heart that these cold people react in such a way but more sorry that they are so unhappy with life total. My husband has not had the opportuinity to gain employment or advance in Study's. Also his coun. shuts done his office while the men program and returns when they lock down. I myself have called every day for a week with no luck. This prison one day will have its turn of getting rid of the bad ugly seeds that ruin it for all the CO's. Wait till there inside!!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:35 PM

My husband and I went through similiar problems the short time he was in Lancaster...our whole experniance there we only dealt with one nice gaurd. He's since been moved to Chino and the differance is so huge! I wish you all luck that have loved one's in Lancaster! Hopefully changes are made soon...
Old 08-20-2005, 10:17 AM

my father has been at lancaste since they opened.... i have only recieved two letters from him this year and they both are very angry ones... in them he keeps asking why i havent written, but i have i write constintly even though i dont get any back but in the two i have gotten he says that he has written more and he numbers them the only ones i have are gotten are the one where he told me that they would be changing the mailing addresses and then the one with the new address. he does say that tension is getting pretty bad inside alot of it started over the whole hair cutting thing... my father was one of the inmates that was being forced to shave his head.. the last photo i have received from him his hair was down past his waist.. he has always been a good inmate. i wouldnt have been so nice. since he is in therre for a murder that happend in california and they arested him for it in new york four hours later.. lol i just have to laugh they realy said in court that they believed that he made it across country on his harley in four hours.... i mean realy come on get a grip.. but he is a good guy and figures that he has done some things that he never got into trouble for.. i was 5 when this happend and i am now almost 27 with two kids.. i havent laid eyes on him since but still try to keep intouch.. it hurts that they treat our guys this way. the gaurds jsut seem to get bored and decided hey lets screw with some one today....