Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Donation Award 

Question Lancaster-Mail

Hello

Can someone give me the inmate mailing address for Lancaster, please? I am going to send out a MO to my husband so he can hopefully get a "Fish Draw" at canteen. Also, does it take 2 weeks for the inmates to get their mail? (I know, a stupied question!! LOL :P )

Thanks in advance!!
KellyA.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2004, 11:46 PM

My son just went to Lancaster last Friday. I called the prison and here is the address they gave me. They said it was important to have his cdc number. They also gave me my sons building and bed #. I heard he can't write back till he gets processed. But i don't know if thats true. He did tell me he would write me the first day they let him and i haven't got a letter back yet. any way here is the address his name and cdc # next CSPLAC his building #, Bed # next 44750 60th Street West next Lancaster, CA 93536-7620 If you don't have his building or bed number make sure his cdc# is on it. I assume it will take longer though. If you want to call and get that info like i did the number is....661-729-2000 ext.# 5401 If you have any more questions let me know. I hope this helps you. When i called they did tell me he could get mail. Then they gave me the address........Debbie
Old 02-19-2004, 05:13 PM

My husband is at lancaster and yes it does take 2 weeks or more for them to get our letters. Then there are some times when they get mail fast. It think it depends on hwats happening there and how much help they have in the mail room. Once they can start writing the letters they send out come to us fast. My husband mails a letter to me on Sunday and I have it on Wednesday. You can call lancaster and ask for inmate records to get his cdc# and possible his location to make mail move faster for you. Make sure to put a lil note in his letter as to how much you sent him in that letter. This way he can bug them about his money if he dosent' get it fast.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks for the info!! I called the prison today and he isn't there yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I was surprized that the person on the phone at inmate records was actually nice. Though, I could hardly understand a word she was saying!! LOL I will call back again tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

KellyA.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:27 AM

My son got to Lancaster on Friday 2/13/04. I received a letter from him yesterday 2/l9/04. It was post dated 2/17/04. Monday was a holiday. I was surprised to get a letter so fast. Yes when i called visiting i talked to a lady named Kathy. She was so nice and helpful. Especially cuz i called her 3 times cuz i kept forgetting to ask a question. She said thats ok i don't mind. The call backs Debbie
Old 02-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Donation Award 

I am happy to hear thar you finally heard from your son!! I have called the prison Thursday and Friday( inmate records) and my husband isn't in the computer. So, I didn't drive up to visit today. I am glad since it did snow up there last night!! Though if he is there, I know he's freaking out!! I will keep calling and hopefully I will be able to visit next weekend.

Take Care,
KellyA.

Old 02-22-2004, 11:10 AM

When my son was in Delano. They told him on a Friday that he would be leaving for Lancaster on the following. Did your husband get this info? My son said he won't be able to get visits for 30 days. He is in an orientation right now. But he can write. He can receive 40 papers and 40 stamped envelopes per manilla envelopes. He also told me he can still get packages there. As soon as he gets me the paper i will send him a package. I don't know when they will stop them so i want to get one out right away. If you have any questions just let me know....Debbie
Old 02-22-2004, 01:58 PM

the quater for packages end march 31. We have been told this is the last package they can get. Maybe he can hurry up and get a slip from whomever it is they get it from so you can send this last package out to him. And that is right if they are new arrivals they can not get visits for the first 30 days but do call and see if you can speak to a counselor. It's always good to call before a visits at lancaster becuase they go on lock downs so much so fast! Remeber to arrive as early as possible. Lancaster was super crowded before now they are extra crowded becuase we no longer have Friday visist.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:08 PM

Thank you so much ladyduke. He hasn't got the paper yet to send me so i can send him a package. Does he have to wait 30 days to get that paper work also? It is a 4 hour drive from where i'm at. What time should we arrive at lancaster? Is 7:30 to late? What do you do just sit in your car till they open? Does it open at 8:30? I thank you so much for your time and info........Debbie
Old 02-23-2004, 07:44 PM

Yes 7:30 is too late! It's about an hour and a half drive for me and I usually get there around 5:30 six and still get in with the first 60 group. You will see when you get there on Ave J there will be a line of cars waiting until 7:30 to procede to the gate. Yes you sit in your car. make sure to dress warm and have blankets and maybe some coffee. Make sure to go potty before getting in line We usually spend the time waiting getting dressed. by the time the cars get through the gate it will be time ti go into the recpetion area. I'm not sure if he has to wait 30 days for package paper work. Call recieving and ask them there. make sure the trunk of your car is clean and not too packed. no sharp tools or they will make you park next door at the hospital and you will have to walk in and wait to catch a bus. Dress in black to be safe they enjoy sending you back a thousand times to change. make sure to have change cuz there is no change machine. Let me know if you need to know more.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Donation Award 

Oh,there is nothing better then sitting in your car for 3 hours in 20 degree weather!! LOL I can't wait!!! Guess it's time to catch up on some reading!!
I have no idea if my husband is on orientation status or not (since he isn't coming from reception) but, I am going to make a appointment to visit him this weekend anyway, just to be safe. I called inmate records this morning and he's finally in the computer. And I couldn't believe they actually gave me his housing #. That's a first. All of the other prisons he has been at refuse to give out the info!!

KellyA.

Old 02-24-2004, 03:03 PM

Oh my God you mean we have to leave here at 1:30 in the morning? I guess we can take some cards. Why black? Do you mean everyone has to dress in solid black? We all have to get new out fits just to go visit? .....Debbie
Old 02-24-2004, 06:59 PM

yes leave at 1:30 if that will get you there by at least 5:30. You may not wanna play cards you may want to get in a lil more sleep. Black becuase you can't go wrong with that color. and no every one does not where black. I just found it safe to start with bleack at first until you can see how things go. No don't get anything new. Just go basic. watch the shoes too there are getting picky about those. I wore some Melissa'a once (see through tennis shoes that cost around $50) and they had to ask the serg. if i could where them cuz they called them jellys.
To Cheetos, if he is outa recpetion and not on any special yard you won't have to make an appt. just make sure to ask first. Appt visit are only one hour long and our very hard to get
wouldn't it be nice if we could have a thread for Lancaster prison? We would be able to keep each other abreast to the happenings of our particular prison. Lancaster would really hate us then
Old 02-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Donation Award 

A Lancaster thread would be great!! I am going to call visiting either Wednesday or Thursday and find out for sure ( if I need an appointment). When my husband was transferred to CMC, he had contact visits right away. I just don't want to show up there for visiting and have to drive back home. It's so sad, every piece of clothing I own is black or something with black in it and I only buy it if I can wear into the prison!! Though, I finally ventured out and started buying brown and tan clothes!! LOL

KellyA.

Old 02-25-2004, 04:46 PM

I find myself shopping for clothers as if the only time I will wear them is at the prison. Be very carefull with browm pants. I wore some once and was told could not wear brown pants becuase kitchen staff wears that color so they made me go to trailer (cuz I had no extra clothes) I found a tan SHORT skirt that I was allowed to wear. My husband had the biggest grin on his face the whole visit thanks to cdc visitning staff, ha ha ha. Hopefully you won't need an appt. but if you do start calling on Friday at 8:00am sharp. You may be on the phone doing the redial thing for a while. Lots of people have to make appt. I don't know who we could ask if we could have a lancaster thread in here that would be way neato. but then again maybe it wouldn't due to that fact that there has been past problems with people taking back what is being said on this site to those in prison. I would drop dead if someone repated to my husband things I shared with them in confidence and support.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:55 PM

Kelly, you can make appointments for both days (saturday and sunday) if there is available slots. My friends guy is behind glass and she has been visiting him on both days, despite the cutback in visiting days....
Old 02-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks everyone for the info on making an appointment. It's been awhile since I have had to make one. Does anyone know if there is a special color of paper you need to send to inmates in orientation? Do they accept white or do you have to send yellow? I gave up years ago sending out writing paper to my husband, but I have no idea when he'll get canteen.

KellyA.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:12 PM

you can send 40 sheets of note book paper. At one time I use to be able to send typing paper becuase that is what my husband writes on, but they took that luxury away from us for what reason we'er still trying to find out. If you send the yellow paper you can send the whole tablet. White paper comes in tablet form like the yellow paper too. I'm not sure but I think we can still send envelopes 40 and we can still send books of stamps. My husband has lived in this primitive life for so long until he makes his own envelopes from typing paper. Sometimes that doesn't always workcuz the envelope comes apart.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Donation Award 

Does anyone out here have the Ext. # for the Captian on B yard? I just recieved a letter from my husband tonight. He said the conditions there are worse than being in the hole!! ( My husband has done a SHU term before) And the CO's treat everyone like crap!! Worse yet, he hasn't been given any of his medication in a week ( he had a failed back surgery)
Also, he was told that he would be unable to have visits ( behind glass or Contact) while he is in orientation, is this true? Oh, I am just so freaking out!! This is so bad!!

KellyA.

Old 02-27-2004, 02:06 AM

If you are asking about lancaster, then yes the conditions are pretty bad there mainly becuase they are doing so much transferin in and out of inmates. they are good about not giving them the needed meds. I'm sorry but i don not know the ext you need but do call and ask records once again for that ext or that person in charge. Better yet ask for your husbands counselor and even ask for the wardens secretary to get results. As long as he in in reception he will not be able to have visits. B yard is considered main line and is veyr full, overcrowded. B yard is the main yard they are transfereing inmates out to other prisons from. Sorry to have such bad news I'm only repeating what I've heard. Yes the COs are very mean here and treat all even us like animals. There are maybe a handfull of caring co's there.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:46 PM

My son wrote yesterday. He has been there 2 weeks. He said he is locked down 24 hours a day and gets to shower every 3 days. He said he can't take it. We get his letters in 2 days. We have written a letter every day since day one. He still hasn't gotten even one. I called the prison and they said mail is behind 3 weeks. I sent 40 papers and 40 prestamped envelopes. When i called they said i could send prestamped envelopes. I hope i wasn't suppose to send stamps cuz there goes $20.00 down the drain. I called today and they said he won't be able to have a visit for another 2 to 4 more weeks. I'm so sad. We are very close. He keeps writing asking us to please write him. Not knowing we have written him. Does it get better in this place after orientation? Please would appreciate any info.......Debbie
Old 02-27-2004, 05:00 PM

Kelly, I PM'd you about your situation. Deb, it will get better once you are able to visit. I know its the not knowing thats the hardest, especially for him. The letters however wont get MUCH better, although sometimes he can easily get your letters in 3 days for 2 weeks, then go back to getting your letters in 12 days, just as quickly. I know its rough now, but he is going to be SO happy once your letters start pouring in. I remember my fiancee getting 4 letters in one day then 3 letters the next day, and 3 on a Friday a total of 10 in one week!! He will be out of orientation in a couple of weeks and should mainline. Hopefully things will go a little more smoothly for him. Let me know how things progress...

Yasmeen
Old 02-27-2004, 09:47 PM

Thank you sooo much Yasmeen. I was so sad today I was crying. I just hope he knows something is up with the mail. There has never been a time that I haven't sent him letters. I'm hoping that will be a clue to him that its the prison taking so long. Especially since he keeps writing saying to please write. I sent him stamped envelopes on Monday not realizing that it would take him 3 weeks to get theim. Maybe I should start the next batch now. I'm just afraid to send anymore until I make sure he got the first ones. But thank you again so much. Is it really that bad there? I've heard alot but am not sure what to believe. I thank God for PTO you guys have really helped me get over the tough times....Thank you .....Debbie
Old 03-02-2004, 03:30 PM

I received a letter from my son finally. It took him 2 weeks to get my first letter. I'm so happy. Thank you guys again...........Debbie
Old 03-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Donation Award 

That is great Debbie!!! Can you keep me posted on what your son says about the conditions at the prison and what is going on? My husband transferred with only 5 stamps!! So, I won't be hearing from him until he receives a letter with stamps I have sent him.

Thanks,
Kelly