Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Kentucky prison and criminal justice system.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:46 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,617 Times in 14,591 Posts
Default Free Expungement Information Sessions!

Free Expungement info, free record check, and more!!

May 17th @ 11:00 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST in Radcliff, Kentucky

I've already mailed my $40 to Frankfort for a records check, but haven't gotten it back yet. I am so looking forward to going to this!!

Please see the attachment for more information
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Free Expungement Session.jpg (95.5 KB, 7 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sass4221 (05-04-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2018, 06:56 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Welp, I got my expungement certificate back from Records....they say I'm not eligible I can forge a prescription, I can possess a controlled substance in the first degree (including meth), I can do a little Assistance Program Fraud or I can use a scanning device or reencoder to obtain other people's payment card information and have it expunged....but ya just can't buy a legal, over-the-counter sinus medication and give it to someone else = Non Expungeable

I may go to one of the sessions anyway, just for general knowledge & to ask if my charge not being on the expungement list was an oversight and what, if anything, can be done

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-08-2018), yourself (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,024 Times in 7,402 Posts

I'm glad to see that they are doing such a clinic. sorry, patchouli, that you're not able to get an expungement though I think you're taking the right steps to make sure you really aren't eligible.

Cook County has been doing rocket docket expungements one weekend every year. A county in Texas is considering it while a law school clinic works a handful of cases each year. I'd love to see more and more places doing things like this, or actually organizing expungements and ancillary services for people at least once a year so people can put this stuff behind them for real. It's good to see KY doing this.

Patch - crossing my fingers for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-08-2018), patchouli (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 10:13 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Thanks, I appreciate that Felony expungement is relatively new in Ky. It wasn't possible when I picked up my charge, and when the Bill passed I still had to wait until my 5 years off paper came around....and I have looked so forward to having it expunged, to say I'm disappointed is a gross understatement.

Rehashing the whole ordeal, when I was arrested, I had lived in my home for 13 years, same (damned good) job for 8 years, nothing but 1 dismissed speeding ticket on my entire record. My bond was $50,000 Full Cash for over 2 weeks before the Judge would lower it. I lost my damned good job, and eventually my home. Where's the justice in that? Was what I did against the law? Sure. But son-of-a-bitch! I did the damned time, I've paid my debt to "society" and then some.

**If I had been arrested in Jefferson County (Louisville, one county over) I would have been OR'd**

If it wasn't so damned expensive to file for expungement ($500 by Statute, but listed as $250 on the AOC website ) I'd file anyway just to go before the same Judge and let him tell me I'm not eligible. Is there bond for Contempt of Court?

Last edited by patchouli; 05-08-2018 at 10:15 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 11:40 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,024 Times in 7,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Thanks, I appreciate that Felony expungement is relatively new in Ky. It wasn't possible when I picked up my charge, and when the Bill passed I still had to wait until my 5 years off paper came around....and I have looked so forward to having it expunged, to say I'm disappointed is a gross understatement.

Rehashing the whole ordeal, when I was arrested, I had lived in my home for 13 years, same (damned good) job for 8 years, nothing but 1 dismissed speeding ticket on my entire record. My bond was $50,000 Full Cash for over 2 weeks before the Judge would lower it. I lost my damned good job, and eventually my home. Where's the justice in that? Was what I did against the law? Sure. But son-of-a-bitch! I did the damned time, I've paid my debt to "society" and then some.

**If I had been arrested in Jefferson County (Louisville, one county over) I would have been OR'd**

If it wasn't so damned expensive to file for expungement ($500 by Statute, but listed as $250 on the AOC website ) I'd file anyway just to go before the same Judge and let him tell me I'm not eligible. Is there bond for Contempt of Court?
depends, but to me, it just sounds like you're going to have to go before the court and apologize for calling the judge a name....

It sucks that anceillary consequences of involvement with the criminal justice system ar never considered or rarely considered as part of a punishment for a crime. The loss of a damned good job because you're sitting in jail? Makes no sense.

I am glad you are here, helping others. I'm also glad you're pursuing expungement. Now make sure the law is changed so you can get expunged. I know there are others out there like you, and maybe you can get a list of people who made inquiries like you but were told no for like or similar convictions. The more voices, the easier it is to change.

Good on KY for finally getting with the expungement program. Now if they could just open it up for more charges.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,094 Times in 6,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
depends, but to me, it just sounds like you're going to have to go before the court and apologize for calling the judge a name....
Our Patch? Calling out a judge? Blasphemy.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-08-2018)