Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oregon should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Question Hasn't met with Release Counselor - should he be worried?

My friend is at TRCI in Umatilla. His conviction was in Yamhill County, which is where he wants to be released to. While in, he got in an altercation with a guard and received a conviction for that.

He's been in nearly ten years and has only ever met with any kind of counselor once. He has yet to hear from a release counselor. He has put in for transfers, trying to get closer to home. He's worried he's going to get released to Umatilla.

To be honest, I don't really know how all anyone this works. I know that he has sent numerous "Kytes"? about not seeing a counselor and they just keep getting routed back to his counselors boss, no matter how high up the chain he tries to push them.

I'm just trying to help where I can. I've been trying to do some research to try to find housing/employment resources in Yamhill County if he does get released here, but I haven't found much because 1) He doesn't have a drug/alcohol addiction 2) He has a low "acres"? score 3) Most of Yamhill County's services are reserved for women, families, or homeless.

So I have a few questions.
1) Should he be worried that he hasn't heard from a release counselor yet?
2) Are there any advocacy groups/resources that might help him facilitate his making his release plan?
3) Is there a way for him to get transferred without seeing any kind of counselor? (His normal counselor won't make time to see him either).
4) Can he pick any county to be released to? I noticed that Lane, Marion, and Multnomah counties have a lot more resources than Yamhill County, so maybe he would have a better chance at success if he was released to one of those.
5) Any advice on release, resources, etc is definitely welcome.
Sponsored Links